Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
C
C
Originally Posted by kml
She's 2 1/2 weeks into this and 10 days out from the start of treatment with azithromycin and hydroxychloroquine, which definitely made a big difference, but what I'm seeing in all four of my outpatient cases is a long, up and down course of recovery.

Thanks for this info, new york is still outlawing the use of this because of our govenor, I hope this changes soon.

Maybe not your field of expertise kml but do you think this treatment might help for other virus's in the future?
That would be a silver lining to this mess.

Me-70, D37,S36
job Offline
Praying that your xMIL recovers as well as all of the patients that you are seeing on your floor.

As for the door, bttrfly is right...the door can be replaced. You had to do what you needed to do to get to Beanie.

Stay safe.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
D
Originally Posted by Cadet
Thanks for this info, new york is still outlawing the use of this because of our govenor, I hope this changes soon.

Are you sure about this? A few governors, including Michigan and Nevada had tried to play doctor by telling the real doctors how to practice medicine but since the FDA approved this treatment earlier this week, it is no longer considered off label. In fact now the Michigan governor is complaining they can’t get enough of the drug she previously banned (for this use) and now she wants help increasing supplies. Some of these responses and really goons are so frustrating. But it appears New York physicians are using this regiment - at least I think they are.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
C
C
Originally Posted by DonH
Originally Posted by Cadet

Are you sure about this? A few governors, including Michigan and Nevada had tried to play doctor by telling the real doctors how to practice medicine but since the FDA approved this treatment earlier this week, it is no longer considered off label. In fact now the Michigan governor is complaining they can’t get enough of the drug she previously banned (for this use) and now she wants help increasing supplies. Some of these responses and really goons are so frustrating. But it appears New York physicians are using this regiment - at least I think they are.

I dont know for sure but because this was based on a report from Stoneybrook hospital on the patients on ventilators.
They are NOT being given the drug to my knowledge.
I pray I am wrong.
After Saturday I will get a report from the ER nurse that I will marry and will know with more first hand knowledge and not relying on the news.
As soon as I find out I will report back.

Me-70, D37,S36
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
So, I’m struggling because I am torn. I really feel helpless in all of this . I have skills that could help people on the frontlines. But I’m sitting behind a desk instead. It doesn’t feel right. I am also torn because if I do willingly ask to go to the front lines temporarily , am I not putting my child first? Most are forced into this this, I guess. It would be voluntary at this point. Although I truly believe I will be forced because the peak isn’t here yet. But am I not putting my child first if I make this a choice?

I really am torn. I hate going to work, doing my paperwork job, because the bedside part can not be done anymore. I do help get these people discharged to home, but it’s not enough.

This is crazy .

I’m other news, I enjoyed my weekend with me myself and I. And the dog . I needed it for sure.

We were supposed to be going on our cruise today. Oh well.

T
T
Well g I am a numbers guy so I would be interested to know the infection rate of the medical workers that are directly fighting this on the front line who are taking the proper precautions. I assume you would be provided additional compensation???

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
A
A
Just a different perspective here Ginger. You are in the job that you are in because you are a capable, hard working woman. I can presume that since it is a more senior, more responsible job than bedside and that you are touching and influencing many many outcomes, whether that be in the inbound, active care or outbound sides (I honestly have no idea what it is you do specifically).

If you were at the bedside you could certainly directly impact the outcomes and care for certain patients. A much smaller number than if you stayed where you are. And then someone else, who hasn't been trained for it, would need to be pulled out of their job to do the one you are doing and they won't do it as well.

And while we all know that you are a tough Jersey broad, you have as DnJ would say, a soft and squishy heart. You invest yourself in your patients. And there's going to be a lot of heartache in the days and probably weeks to come. And setting aside the real tragedy involved, it would impact your ability to provide on-going patient care.

It's a time for making tough choices. There are no easy ones. I wish I had something better to offer. (((Ginger1)))

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
C
C
Originally Posted by TBSakaJ9
Well g I am a numbers guy so I would be interested to know the infection rate of the medical workers that are directly fighting this on the front line who are taking the proper precautions. I assume you would be provided additional compensation???

Well my hero nurse is OK so far (and working ER with covid patients) so far so good but that does not mean she is out of the woods yet.
She has self quarantined when not at work.
Since their are 4 people (including her small grandson) in her house.

NO extra pay.

The real issue is when she goes from covid patients to supposed non covid patients without full PPE equipment.
That seems to be where her risk is at right now.

Who knows whether the patient had covid and is just undiagnosed or not ( this just happened) and
has us all scared.

My hero nurse just told me that she sends her love to you and little G.( who is not so little anymore)
And I send the same.

Me-70, D37,S36
B
B
Cadet, prayers for HN (hero nurse) that she stays safe through all of this. xoxo

Andrew, I agree with you completely. G. Andrew makes an excellent point about you doing the job you're in because you're very qualified and pulling you from that will mean someone less qualified would have to step in.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
J
J
Andrew made a great point- your job is important and needs someone experienced in it. I wouldn’t volunteer to work with patients with COVID. You are a single mom. Your daughter is your main responsibility.
Other professions likes school janitors are getting hazard pay and you guys aren’t as of yet. Teachers are fighting about possibly having to administer computer work during the Easter break and you guys don’t have appropriate PPEs.

Just get through this. There’s a lot more to come so stay healthy now and maybe wait and see ifs mandated later as more healthcare workers get sick

Last edited by job; 04/06/20 08:02 PM. Reason: added space between paragraphs

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard