A Divorce Busting® Coach can help you save your marriage, even when your spouse wants out.

Save your marriage singlehandedly
with Divorce Busting Telephone Coaching
SPECIAL OFFER TO INTRODUCE YOU TO DB COACHING
Save $75. Offer for new clients and available October 26 - 30 only
SINGLE DIVORCE BUSTING TELEPHONE SESSION FOR ONLY $100

CALL 303-444-7004

A Message from Michele
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2891343
04/03/20 03:45 PM
04/03/20 03:45 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
I get it, Andrew. I know it sounds like I'm bashing young people and I'm really not. I think it is just the nature of the world we live in today and by and large, I do think younger people need things spelled out explicitly because they have been spoon fed a lot. I'm not pointing a finger at anyone in particular in that, because I know I have done it too with my own kids and grandkids, but it is just frustrating when we are trying to do all of this school stuff online and my class is NOT one that lends itself to online instruction very easily to begin with. I am ok with technology, but definitely not an early adopter. I'm also not a late adopter, so there is that. I'm kind of middle of the road, in that I want others to test it out first and make SURE it is good to go, then I'll jump on board. I do think general reasoning and deductive reasoning skills have waned a great bit with this younger generation, but at the same time, they have other skills that far surpass some of mine. I think each generation has its strengths and weaknesses and that we can all learn from each other.

Me 50, H52
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
4 grandkids (plus 2 on the way)
Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2891376
04/03/20 08:58 PM
04/03/20 08:58 PM
Canada
A
AndrewP Offline
AndrewP  Offline
A
Canada
I think that one key difference is that people "of a certain age" are accustomed to figuring many things out from first principles. If they've been using technology all along then they are accustomed to figuring things out.

Those who are later adopters where many things are assembled out of opaque components that nobody really knows how they work don't have the analytical tool kit to know what to do and where to look when things don't behave as expected.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2892614
04/17/20 05:49 PM
04/17/20 05:49 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Y'all this country girl is NOT surviving well at all. We had a huge storm move through our area Sunday night and we STILL do not have power back. Honestly, that wouldn't be so bad, since our heat, hot water heater and cook stove are all propane powered, so we could still be warm, clean and eat, just without light, but we have to deal with MIL too and she has to have power for her oxygen machine so we are spending a fortune to stay in a hotel and eat out all week while the power company has everyone but about 30 houses back online. I'm about to lose my sh!t in a big way if they don't get something done SOON. I just cannot with any of this anymore.

Despite my extreme crankiness, Sparky and I are doing well and getting along just as good as ever. I try not to lash out at him if I can at all help it because he is still going to work every day, slogging away, and it isn't fair for me to whine and complain when I at least get the luxury of working from home...well technically, working from work ATM just to get out of the d@mn hotel for awhile, but whatever...ÖÖÖÖÖ.And, for those who might get on me about being "out" in the real world. Our building is locked down and we have to swipe in and out and at this moment, there are 4 other people in the building with me and they are all on other floors, so I would say we are pretty socially distant. One is in the basement, one in the attic, one on 2nd floor and one on 3rd floor. I'm on the first floor. One did come by my office and talk to me, but he didn't even open my door....stood on the outside and talked to me through the window.

I'm still not impressed with our governor and how he has handled things, but Lord have mercy, I'm ready for something to give. My relationship isn't suffering yet, blessedly, but I don't know how much longer I can be cooped up and not have any ETA on my power being back on without just going all crazy redneck on someone.

Me 50, H52
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2892621
04/17/20 06:49 PM
04/17/20 06:49 PM
K
kml Online
kml  Online
K
Jeez - insult to injury! CoVID lockdown and now no power!

Maybe you need to get a portable generator for the future if MIL is that oxygen dependent.

Hope your lights come on soon and you can get back to your own nest.

Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2892659
04/18/20 06:28 AM
04/18/20 06:28 AM
Massachusetts
B
bttrfly Offline
bttrfly  Offline
B
Massachusetts
Dawn I'm so sorry. If it makes you feel better here's a view into my world, at 2:24am:

my son is losing his $h!t at 12:30am because his phone isn't working.. It's now 2am, I'm wide awake and no way able to get back to sleep. We tried everything, including putting his SIM card in my phone so he could contact his boss (we are expecting snow here. yes. snow.) to ask him to text my phone to reach son. Did anyone follow that or is the grammar too convoluted by early morning sleeplessness?

Exh was supposed to send a new phone. I texted asking if that was taken care of. Crickets. From the West Coast. Guess he's asleep, dreaming no doubt of sugarplums and fairies, bless his little MLC darkened heart.

Son is ranting and raving. I get deeply triggered by that as it's reminiscent of exh's constant and miserable monologuing for the last few years of our marriage. Yes. YEARS.

Oh. And THEN what does my eye behold but a freaking TICK crawling on my down comforter!!!!! I was out walking with the dog this afternoon but checked us both when we got home, showered, etc. I can only assume I missed one on him and it jumped from his chair at the end of my bed and onto my bed. Shudder. That lil creepy bbahstid is now circling the drain on the ninth level of Hedouble hockey sticks!!!!!!

So ok, GRATEFUL to be awake to KILL IT KILL IT KILL It BEFORE IT GOT ME!

sorry. I'm a little emotional.

Oh, and prayers answered, my son just came in and apologized for being a jerk to me. It's 2:26am. I hope you get your power restored soon.

I hope I (and son) get our sanity restored shortly thereafter.

One could argue that it's hard to restore something that was minimally there in the first place.

And I cannot stop twitching and looking for additional creepy things.

M 20+ T25+
S 15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
H moved out 4/24/15
D Final 12/23/16
When God gives you a new beginning don't repeat the same old mistakes. It's 2020, anything could happen; eat dessert first!!!!
Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2896744
06/03/20 08:01 PM
06/03/20 08:01 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Havenít posted in over a month but have been following along and responding to various posts. Absolutely nothing to report here. Still working from home and will do so through at least the first of August. Not really saving tons of money because I canít seem to quit shopping online. Ugh!

Our work furloughed us in June but then turned around and unfurloughed us when they ďfoundĒ money. New fiscal year starts July 1, but there is a lot of talk that weíll be furloughed again in July to help the university make next yearís budget. Iím still mad that Iím being forced to pay for a financial mess I didnít create. It is a complete load of malarkey but at least I still have a job.

We will go back to campus this fall, with some concessions for a hybrid online and in person style for classes. It is going to be a challenge.

Other than that, I stay home. Go to town once a week for groceries, hang out with the dogs and Sparky, and generally try not to let cabin fever get the better of me.

Me 50, H52
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2896746
06/03/20 08:10 PM
06/03/20 08:10 PM
K
kml Online
kml  Online
K
CMM is insisting on going grocery shopping today (he hasn't been anywhere but the chemo clinic since this all began). Apparently my son and I are not capable of picking the "right" fruits and vegetables lol. At least the store he's going to is a health food store where everyone wears masks, aisles are one-way, and the carts are disinfected.

Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2896747
06/03/20 08:17 PM
06/03/20 08:17 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
I had been ordering online then just going to pick up, not even getting out of the truck, but the past few weeks I have been actually going in because I donít like relying on whatever teenager is pulling my order picking my produce. Plus our town farmerís market opened today and it is small and open air with masks required and only one at a time at each booth. Iíve been wearing a mask, mainly because Iíll be required to wear one when I go back to campus and I have to get used to it now.

Me 50, H52
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2896763
06/03/20 11:31 PM
06/03/20 11:31 PM
Massachusetts
B
bttrfly Offline
bttrfly  Offline
B
Massachusetts
Dawn my darling, I too am an INFJ... and .... it's good to "see" you xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S 15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
H moved out 4/24/15
D Final 12/23/16
When God gives you a new beginning don't repeat the same old mistakes. It's 2020, anything could happen; eat dessert first!!!!
Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2899201
07/06/20 03:07 PM
07/06/20 03:07 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Apparently I'm going to move to monthly updates now, but since there isn't much going on, I just don't see the need to fill up my thread with nothingness that no one cares to read anyway.

In NEW developments, I got to come back to work on campus today, so YAY for working in the real world again. Online instruction was rough, but with all of the social distance and cleaning requirements, our department has voted that my class will be online again this fall because there is no way for us to accommodate the numbers of students the class normally has in a safe, socially distant way. I honestly won't be surprised if ALL classes go online pretty early in the semester. Our governor has moved us into "reopening" phases too quickly and our numbers have exploded. We were one of the few states that never had a mandated stay at home order and we are paying the price now. We had the highest increase of cases in one day just last week when nearly 1000 people tested positive. And, of course, people are not masking up. Our governor refuses to put a mask order in place and some cities tried to do it and the governor outlawed that saying municipal laws can't be more stringent than state laws. I don't know who slapped his hand over that one, but a week later, he back-tracked and said he was going to leave it up to city mayors to determine if they wanted to implement mask orders in their cities and several of the larger cities did so within hours of his announcement. I have 2 masks with me today because coming back to campus was contingent upon mask wearing. They are phasing all employees back to work between today and August 3, with everyone back full-time by the 3rd, but we have to wear a mask at all times, unless we are in our private office alone. Since there are very few people in my building, I wore mine from the parking lot into my office this morning, then took it off, but I put it on to go to the copy room or anywhere else in the building outside my office.

Other new development, we are furloughed for the entire month of July and can only work 24 hours per week. We are eligible to draw unemployment, but it was such a hassle last time they furloughed us that it took the unemployment office nearly a month to get us paid, so I am not holding out a lot of hope that I will actually see money any time soon from that. It [censored] to have to take a salary reduction to bridge a budget gap that I was in no way responsible for creating but it is what it is. My boss and I had a long conversation about it last week and he assured me that my position is safe and he will fight for me because he is VERY pleased with my work and he can't do his job without me. That is really nice to hear.

Married life is clicking right along and Sparky and I have settled into our old married couple routine. Sparky has a very physically demanding job and he starts his day very early, so in the evening, we eat dinner and go to bed early, watch tv for an hour or so, then he goes to sleep. Sometimes I will read or watch tv or play a game on my phone or something after he falls asleep, but it works for us. We aren't really going anywhere or doing anything this summer, thanks mainly to Corona, but we didn't have any big plans anyway, so it is all good. We've been working on the house, still organizing, getting rid of his grandparents stuff, getting rid of some of my stuff that I thought we'd use but haven't, so Andrew, just for the record, it MAY take longer than a few weeks for you and S to get everything the way y'all want it. I have lived in Sparky's house since November and we are still working on it. LOL

I'm excited to be back at work physically because working from home all the time was starting to drag me down. I was missing human interaction. I still don't get a lot as there aren't a lot of people in my building during the summer, especially since summer classes are still all online and with us being furloughed, everyone is working different schedules, but I already saw one of the maintenance guys and the cleaning lady this morning so I actually go to talk to people face to face that do not live in my house. So, woo hoo for human contact! LOL

With all of that, I need to get back to work. It feels like I have been here for hours already, when in reality, it has only been 3, but I suspect it will be like that for a few days until I get back into a regular work from work routine as opposed to my work from home routine where I could take breaks to pet my dog or watch something on tv or do some housework or whatever.

Me 50, H52
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, job, Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004