A Divorce Busting® Coach can help you save your marriage, even when your spouse wants out.

Save your marriage singlehandedly
with Divorce Busting Telephone Coaching
SPECIAL OFFER TO INTRODUCE YOU TO DB COACHING
Save $75. Offer for new clients and available October 26 - 30 only
SINGLE DIVORCE BUSTING TELEPHONE SESSION FOR ONLY $100

CALL 303-444-7004

A Message from Michele
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2903129
09/04/20 06:37 PM
09/04/20 06:37 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Finally Friday and I do NOT have a sweet cabin in the woods with a hot tub on the deck to look forward to this weekend. I do have some good cooking to look forward to, though, because Sparky has said he is in a cooking mood, so he's going to handle that this weekend. WOO HOO!

It has been a week here and I was off one day for doctor's appointment. I had to go have an ultrasound on my liver....????????? But, the doctor said it is all good and rock on with life, so I guess that was the highlight of my week, other than getting all our bills paid this morning and getting the checkbook balanced. I'm telling you, I'm living on the edge over here, people!

Sparky and I have had a good week personally, but we've both struggled at work this week for various reasons. It is nice to have someone to talk to about things and be able to vent to when I get home so that I don't just keep it all bottled up inside. I'm pretty good at that and I know it isn't healthy.

If we could just get rid of all this 'rona business, life would be pretty good.

Me 50, H52
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
4 grandkids (plus 2 on the way)
Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2903333
09/08/20 08:31 PM
09/08/20 08:31 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
I have a secret and I'm so freaking excited that I have to share it somewhere so I'm doing so here in an effort to not spill the beans. My precious, amazing husband has a birthday coming up. He's a good, decent, caring, loving man, but he's not a super overtly romantic guy. He's the guy who will do little things like go wash my truck without me asking or even saying anything about it. Or yesterday, he was off for Labor Day, but I had to work because our campus decided to not give the students any breaks that gave them extra days to go home and come back in an effort to cut down on them bringing the 'rona back to campus, so since he was home all day, he cooked supper so I didn't have to mess with it when I got home. He's a little things/acts of service kind of romantic, not necessarily a flowers and chocolates romantic, though he does occasionally bring me flowers.

Anyway, I have been trying to think of a cool and unique birthday gift for him. This weekend, he was all fired up to cook steamed dumplings in his new bamboo steamer and he was all excited because he had looked up some recipes by Jet Tila, a Food Network chef that he really likes. He commented on some of them online, posted pics and Jet Tila commented back. He was over the moon about it. So, I was going to order him a cookbook. Well, not only can you buy a personally autographed cookbook, but you can purchase virtual video chats with Jet to get cooking advice. So, I signed him up for one. Granted it is only 10 minutes because that was all I could really afford, but still, for 10 minutes, my husband gets to video chat with Jet Tila, someone he really looks up to. I can't WAIT to see his face when that zoom happens. I have received emails today from "Jet" to get it set up though I suspect that it may actually be some assistant who handles this stuff and just signs Jet's name to it, but whatever. Sparky is going to absolutely die!

Oh and those steamed dumplings....y'all………………..I'm a fat girl and I like to eat, but these were OUT OF THIS WORLD. He's so good to me.

Me 50, H52
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2903339
09/08/20 10:14 PM
09/08/20 10:14 PM
Southern Maryland
job Offline

job  Offline

Southern Maryland
He will love the surprise and love you for arranging this. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2903345
09/08/20 11:26 PM
09/08/20 11:26 PM
G
Ginger1 Online
Ginger1  Online
G
That’s one helluva awesome gift! He’s going to love it!

I’ve been drooling over his cooking, BTW

Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2903346
09/08/20 11:59 PM
09/08/20 11:59 PM
K
kml Online
kml  Online
K
What a great idea!

Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2903367
09/09/20 12:13 PM
09/09/20 12:13 PM
Canada
A
AndrewP Offline
AndrewP  Offline
A
Canada
It's very cool how in this modern age that there can be a direct connection between the audience and the performer. I've had contact via social media with some people whose work I admire as well and it certainly made me feel good.

I'm glad you're making a fuss over him. As a guy though - make sure it's not too much of a surprise as I'm sure he'll want to be sure to be "on game" for his big moment. He'll probably want to have some specific questions on technique or ingredients ready. Perhaps how to use an ingredient he likes in a new way.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2903369
09/09/20 12:29 PM
09/09/20 12:29 PM
Massachusetts
B
bttrfly Offline
bttrfly  Offline
B
Massachusetts
you are the best. wife. ever.

M 20+ T25+
S 15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
H moved out 4/24/15
D Final 12/23/16
When God gives you a new beginning don't repeat the same old mistakes. It's 2020, anything could happen; eat dessert first!!!!
Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2903371
09/09/20 12:54 PM
09/09/20 12:54 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
I was SO excited that I just happened to think of looking for the cookbook and found the virtual meetings. Sparky is going to be so, so surprised and excited. And, G, his food is AMAZING. I'm so blessed. My XH liked to cook too, but he was just a cook and he was not a terribly adventurous one because he was a super picky eater. Sparky, however, is an aspiring chef. Those of you who know, know there is a big difference between a cook and a chef. And, Sparky is a VERY adventurous eater, way more so than I, so he will try just about anything. In addition to cooking for me, he's been making all sorts of sauerkraut, pickled eggs, pickled okra and the like. It is nice to have someone really put that much effort into something.

As I said in my post, Sparky is not a wine and roses romantic, but he is all about the little things that some might not even notice, so cooking is one way he expresses his love. Like the fried rice he made...I don't like English peas or cooked carrots, so he left those out of his fried rice and used mushrooms and shallots instead, which are ingredients that I do like. Now, don't get me wrong, it was GOOD fried rice and I would've totally eaten it with the peas and carrots, I just would've eaten around those, but he wanted to make sure I liked it so he left out stuff he knew I didn't like. The little things...…………………;)

To your point, Andrew, I plan to tell him a few days ahead of time. In my email exchanges with "Jet" yesterday, I asked if he would mind doing a Sunday because Sparky's birthday is the 27th and I wanted to do it on the actual day if at all possible. He said he was pretty open right now and I could pick a time and set it up and he'd join in the zoom. He also said, since I had mentioned I was surprising my husband for his birthday, that he'd reach out to me a few days before and we could come up with a plan. So nice, even if it is just one of his assistants chatting with me as if they are him....who knows? Anyway, the other surprise I have for him that is a poorly hidden surprise is that I ordered him a special meal for his birthday. Sparky is a big foodie and we watch all sorts of cooking shows and such on Food Network and the Cooking Channel. He did some research online and found that you could order directly from Katz' Deli in NY (which we've seen on numerous shows) and have it shipped nationwide, so I ordered him a birthday box, which is their famous meats and bread, that is arriving the Friday before his birthday. He mentioned it and I told him I'd check on it, so he is likely kind of expecting that. Anyway, on Friday before his b-day, I plan to serve him his Katz food for supper, along with a homemade birthday cake and then give him a certificate telling him about his video chat. That will give him a couple of days to get in the zone about it and actually think about what he might want to discuss. I had wanted to surprise him and get the zoom open and just hand him my phone with Jet Tila on there, but then thought he might not get as much out of that because 10 minutes really isn't all that long. So, I want him to be prepared ahead of time. But, I don't want to tell him too early. Then the one actual gift he won't know about....on the morning of his birthday, I'll give him the autographed cookbook. He can have a real, surprise gift on his birthday and have time to actually look over it in case he wants to discuss that with Jet Tila.

As far as making a fuss, Andrew, that is really kind of more about who I am than who he is. When I was growing up, my mom always made a fuss about our birthdays, holidays, special achievements at school. When my XH and I got married, I did the same with him and the girls and the girls in particular had never had that because their mom is the exact opposite. I see how it impacted them because they do the same thing now and I like to think that I influenced that in them in some way. Funny that you mention it, though, because we just had this big talk Sunday night because he'd been feeling kind of down but he was keeping it bottled up and I was kind of pressing him to talk and he finally did, but he said he doesn't like to because it makes him feel like a loser. I said but that is what I'm here for...to listen and to help you see that you are NOT a loser. He told me that I am an amazing wife and that I take better care of him than anyone in his whole life ever had, including his grandmother, who was the one person in his life who always spoiled him a little. (He and his mom have a decent relationship, but she was not a sweet, touchy/feely mom, but more of a cold, strict disciplinarian.) It is important to me that he feels special because he IS, even if he doesn't see it or feel it.

So, yeah, I'm super excited about this whole thing. 2020 started out with a bang with our wedding and he and my family planned a great 50th birthday party for me (which I very much appreciated) and I just want to give him a special day as well. He deserves it.

Me 50, H52
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2903434
09/09/20 08:34 PM
09/09/20 08:34 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Got Sparky's zoom meeting with Jet Tila all set up. WOO HOO! Lord, but he is going to be over the moon excited and I have to say it is going to be difficult for me to keep this one under my hat for another 3 weeks. I was afraid if I didn't try to get it set up pretty soon, timing would be an issue as I wanted to do it on or as near to his birthday as we could. Now I just have to keep my mouth shut...………………………………...

New Thread:

Bluebird

Last edited by job; 09/14/20 09:32 PM. Reason: added link to new thread

Me 50, H52
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, job, Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004