A Divorce Busting® Coach can help you save your marriage, even when your spouse wants out.

Save your marriage singlehandedly
with Divorce Busting Telephone Coaching
SPECIAL OFFER TO INTRODUCE YOU TO DB COACHING
Save $75. Offer for new clients and available October 26 - 30 only
SINGLE DIVORCE BUSTING TELEPHONE SESSION FOR ONLY $100

CALL 303-444-7004

A Message from Michele
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
A country boy (and girl) can survive #2889700
03/18/20 01:56 PM
03/18/20 01:56 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Previous Thread:

It's a nice day for a white wedding....

Day 3 of working from home. Well, third day of the week but actually only 2nd day I have worked from home as I went to my office yesterday for a webinar on virtual labs and a meeting with my fellow faculty. We stayed a good distance apart so we were all good. I did tell my boss I’d be home the rest of the week but if he needed something to let me know. It is going to be an interesting and challenging time for sure, especially after our interesting and challenging time last year that shut down our building and forced us to relocate on campus for a month.

I guess this whole social distancing has good points and bad points. First, I read and listen to a variety of news sources and it sounds like it really works in slowing down transmission of the virus. I’m naturally introverted anyway so being told to stay home and not be around large groups of people really isn’t so bad for me. While it is a challenge to move my class online, I’m able to work from home and still get paid and that is a blessing not everyone has in this uncertainty. Sparky told me this morning he is worried that his company is preparing to shut down and that will be an issue for us because it takes both of our incomes to support our home and his mom’s so we are going to be running super thin if he is out of work. I feel so terrible for all of the healthcare workers who are on the frontline in this battle. My prayers are constantly with them. I feel for the teachers who are struggling to move to online and likely hearing negativity from parents who expect a seamless transition. We were sent an article Friday that talked about how we, as teachers, need to give ourselves a break and just do the best we can with online instruction and to realize not all kids are as tech savvy as we like to think. Sure, some are, but not all of them are, so this is all just as stressful for them. I think the worst part of it is the loonies who are going out and hoarding toilet paper and food as though they are preparing for the apocalypse. The funny thing about the tp is that International Paper, which is one of the largest manufacturers of tp in the country is about 10 miles from my house and they are still working and have a warehouse full of stuff to ship out. But the crazies must be waiting in the truck when it pulls in because shelves in our area remain bare. Fortunately for me, I found some last Friday and I will admit, I did but 2 packages but there were still 40 or 50 left.

Whatever happens in the coming weeks and months, we will all most surely be changed by it. I just hope we are changed for the better.

Last edited by job; 03/18/20 08:04 PM. Reason: added link to previous thread

Me 50, H52
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
4 grandkids (plus 2 on the way)
Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2889783
03/19/20 12:34 PM
03/19/20 12:34 PM
Massachusetts
B
bttrfly Offline
bttrfly  Offline
B
Massachusetts
In Venice you can see the bottom of the canals, birds are swimming and the water is turning from gray/black to an amazing blue. Just gorgeous. The air in China is cleaner than it's been in years, same with northern Italy. The Earth is already healing herself.

Last edited by job; 03/19/20 04:37 PM. Reason: edited posting for bttrfly

M 20+ T25+
S 15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
H moved out 4/24/15
D Final 12/23/16
When God gives you a new beginning don't repeat the same old mistakes. It's 2020, anything could happen; eat dessert first!!!!
Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: bttrfly] #2889918
03/20/20 01:28 PM
03/20/20 01:28 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Originally Posted by bttrfly
In Venice you can see the bottom of the canals, birds are swimming and the water is turning from gray/black to an amazing blue. Just gorgeous. The air in China is cleaner than it's been in years, same with northern Italy. The Earth is already healing herself.

I saw some pictures the other day. Isn't that amazing????? Mother Earth really is an amazing thing.

I really hate to complain or be negative, particularly in light of our world situation right now, but I need to vent for a second. Y'all, somebody needs to come get their children! I sent out an assignment to both of my classes on Monday, indicating that it was due back to me by email today at 4:00. The assignment I sent contained 2 links to 2 different online virtual labs with questions attached. One had 8 questions, the other had 4 questions that each had 2 parts. I gave them a whole week to get it done and it honestly really shouldn't take more than an hour at the most, assuming they had computer issues, connection issues, comprehension issues. One hour really should have been more than adequate time, but they had from 9:00 am Monday until 4:00 pm today (that is 103 hours for anyone who doesn't want to bother doing the math). So, one hour to actually do it and 102 more hours to submit it. I get that they have other assignments from other instructors and likely much more involved and difficult assignments, which is why I was trying to get my material out but also to cut them a little slack as we moved to online instruction this week and it is new and different for most of us. I very carefully explained in the email that I sent that the links would have to be accessed from a laptop or desktop as they require Flash Player which is not supported by ios (Safari) or Google Chrome. I explained they would need to use Internet Explorer or some browser other than google to access them. Now, yes, I could have found better links that would allow google or apple products, as a lot of students have those, but these links were what best fit what I was trying to do and I figured students could figure out a way to access them. I also explained in my email that if they could not access them or if they didn't have internet available to them at all to contact me and I would devise an alternate assignment that required no internet connection. I figured the vast majority of students would wait until today to start on their assignments so I was pleasantly surprised when I got a few questions Monday afternoon. Inevitably the "I can't access the websites" questions started and I would have to go back and individually reexplain to those who clearly can't read what platforms they could and could not use to access the links. But, my favorite question and one that I have gotten all week long...………..y'all, seriously...……………….I sent the links through our campus email system and in addition, posted a page with the links under our classroom resources on a known webpage all the students can link to. I kid you not, I had students 7 students out of 37 to be exact, who emailed me to say that when they clicked on the links either in my email or on the resource page that they were not clickable so they couldn't access them. It did not occur to nearly 20% of the class to simply copy and paste or type the web address into the search bar on their search engine. They would rather just spend their time emailing me telling me the links don't work and that they can't access the website than to try and figure it out on their own. People....THIS is our future. Where the h3ll have deductive reasoning and problem solving skills gone????????????? Lord help me through the next 3 weeks of online instruction. I may have to start drinking heavily.

In other news, for now, Sparky is still working. He came home in a really grouchy mood yesterday and I felt like crap (stomach bug, not Corona-like stuff, thank goodness) so we had a relatively quiet, but mildly uncomfortable evening. I hope they continue to work, at least through next week because I am afraid if we are home together too much, I might kill him. LOL Of course, he could be in charge of taking care of the dogs who are SUPER needy when someone is home with them all day.

I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy and staying home and practicing your social distancing when you have to be out. I am at work today, but so far I have only seen the cleaning lady and I just waved at her through the window on my office door....didn't even go out in the hallway to speak to her. I'm trying to stay away from everyone. Looking forward to going back to self isolation later today.

Me 50, H52
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2891171
04/01/20 05:01 PM
04/01/20 05:01 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Day 4529 of working from home. I have made the following observations (in no particular order):

1. Since I live in the middle of the woods and am not deemed an essential employee, staying home and socially distancing is actually pretty easy, particularly since I can grocery shop online and do curbside pick-up. I got this!

2. The introvert in me is actually enjoying being at home but secretly dreading the inevitable shut down of my husband’s job which will keep him home with me all the time. I love the hubs, but I don’t know if I can take that much togetherness.

3. The forced extroversion that my job brings is making me slightly miss actual contact with my students but I’ll get over it.

4. Online instruction [censored]! I’m a visual teacher, talk with my hands, write and draw on the board so having to do everything online is a challenge.

5. I’m doing my part to “flatten the curve” but every time I hear or see that phrase, Waylon Jennings pops into my head singing “Just a good ole boy...”. (Dukes of Hazzard theme song, for those not in the know. There is a line about flattening the hills and straightening the curve.)

6. Our governor [censored]. I already knew this but his lack of attention is really putting it out there on display. Every state around us except Oklahoma (God bless those Okies) has a shelter in place order and closed borders but what is ole Asa saying? “We’ve got great state parks and they are outside so come on over.” All because of a little state law that requires the legislature to end the fiscal year with a balanced budget and he is sh!tting bricks over lost revenues. This thing is bigger than that, man. I have tried so hard to not let politics cloud my thoughts on any of this because I didn’t vote for the man in the first place but if he were to run again, I’d vote for Sarah Huckabee Sanders before I vote for him and I DETEST her. Ugh.......

7. Why the h3ll did I get custody of my XH’s first XW in our divorce??? She is a stupid b!tch. Another fact I already knew but she proved it again yesterday. Long story short but despite the fact that Trump (don’t even get me started on THAT buffoon) has said stay home until April 30, she wanted to know yesterday if we were going to go ahead with middle daughter’s birthday plans on April 18 since there wouldn’t be more than 10 of us. What part of stay home and social distancing don’t you get, lady? I gave her a laundry list of why we would have to postpone but her main reason for wanting to push ahead was now is a good time to do it since all of us who do work are “off”. Uh, NO....I’m working from home. NOT the same as being off. I still have things to do.

8. I’m lazy and unmotivated when left to my own devices. I have to make sure I make myself a schedule or I get very easily distracted. Yikes!

9. We’ve been nursing a very sick puppy back to health and he is doing GREAT. I feel so good about this. He was nearly dead when we found him and now he’s running and playing with our other dogs like a puppy should. YAY and thank you, God, for letting us find him when we did and get him to the vet. She totally saved him and we’re grateful for her guidance in doing the right thing by this precious baby.

10. The corona got Joe Diffie and that makes me SO sad. His music is a part of my last years in college and very ingrained in my fun memories. They just don’t make country music like that anymore. I’m wearing my John Deere “Real Women Wear Green” shirt today in honor of his hit “John Deere Green.” There’s something women like about a pick-up man. Yes, yes there is, Joe. RIP, man.

11. I succumb to peer pressure pretty easily for an old woman. Sparky and I jumped on the bandwagon and binge watched Netflix’s Tiger King this weekend. OMG, y’all. That’s all I got. It was the biggest, gayest, most redneck, wtf, white trash train wreck I’ve ever seen and it was FABULOUS. Ghetto fabulous! Once again, God bless you, Oklahoma. wink

12. Can someone please explain this mask thing to me? This is a serious question and not meant to be facetious or anything. I know a lot of people who are sewing masks. While I don’t sew, I would be glad to purchase necessary materials and give/send them to someone who does, but I keep seeing differing opinions from various news sources saying these masks are worthless. I don’t want to waste resources that might best be used elsewhere if this is, indeed, the case. I don’t know what sources to believe anymore because everything seems so contradictory.

13. Lucky number 13.......THANK YOU healthcare workers, grocery store clerks, pharmacy techs, janitors, truck drivers for being on the front lines and giving the rest of us the ability to stay home and do our part in the fight against this virus. This is a very weird time for all of us, but it is people like you handling business as usual that are keeping this country going right now in the face of adversity.

Stay safe, my db friends. G, kml, anyone else out there fighting this fight for us, you are in my thoughts and prayers every single day. Thank you!

Me 50, H52
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2891172
04/01/20 05:07 PM
04/01/20 05:07 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
By the way, for those inquiring minds, I said online instruction and our governor $ux! Forgot that word gets censored but it is appropriate in both cases.

Me 50, H52
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2891193
04/01/20 11:06 PM
04/01/20 11:06 PM
Massachusetts
B
bttrfly Offline
bttrfly  Offline
B
Massachusetts
That was beautiful. I love a good rant!!!

xoxoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S 15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
H moved out 4/24/15
D Final 12/23/16
When God gives you a new beginning don't repeat the same old mistakes. It's 2020, anything could happen; eat dessert first!!!!
Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2891195
04/01/20 11:15 PM
04/01/20 11:15 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Thanks, bttrfly! I forgot the main thing I have learned. I freaking LOVE to touch my face. ALL the time.....ugh......

Me 50, H52
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2891197
04/01/20 11:45 PM
04/01/20 11:45 PM
K
kml Online
kml  Online
K
Masks do help.
They prevent YOU from spreading germs to other people - even if you are asymptomatic and don't know you are infected. (50% of the people infected are asymptomatic but may still spread the virus).
They can protect you from droplets and from touching your mouth and nose.
They can't totally protect your from aerosols.
You have to wash them nightly.
If you touch the outside of your mask you need to treat it as if you touched a contaminated surface and wash your hands.

Cloth masks work as well as the paper surgical masks you see in the hospital (they still used to be made from cloth when I was a medical student). They are not as effective as the N95 respirators that protect healthcare workers from aerosols from infected patients.

If every lay person wore a mask when they are out shopping etc transmission would go down dramatically - Asian countries know this. If you can't sew yourself a mask, tie a scarf across your face (double layer) when you go out for protection.

The main reasons people were initially told "masks don't help" is they wanted to discourage the public from buying up all the disposable masks.

Some hospitals are taking donations of cloth masks, others are not accepting them. Other places that may accept donations include first responders, nursing homes, grocery clerks (if their store will let them wear them).

My sister has also been sewing surgical caps for the nurses that work with her daughter, so they can keep their hair covered when attending to Covid patients.

Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2891224
04/02/20 01:30 PM
04/02/20 01:30 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Thanks, kml. I’m not so much worried about a mask for myself since I’m not coming into contact with people on the rare occasion I do go out. I really just wanted to do something, though it may be small, for the healthcare workers in our community. Like I said, I can’t sew but I have a stash of fabric and Sparky’s mom has a bunch of elastic and I was willing to donate and even buy more if I could find it to give to someone who does sew to make masks. But I didn’t want to do all that if the masks weren’t helpful. I wanted to put those resources elsewhere where they could be better utilized.

Me 50, H52
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Re: A country boy (and girl) can survive [Re: Dawn70] #2891231
04/02/20 02:03 PM
04/02/20 02:03 PM
Canada
A
AndrewP Offline
AndrewP  Offline
A
Canada
#7 - LOL. So glad that I don't have to deal with any of that ex-spouse nonsense. People in my own circle are taking this all quite seriously but my neighbour works at Walmart and she went on a rant about the people she has to deal with who are all over the map different sorts of crazy.

Stay safe and do your best to stay sane. Take walks in your woods if you can.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, job, Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004