Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
C
OP Offline
C
Journaling....

I'm bored. This virus has really done a number on options. There's nowhere to go now after work. No classes, no hobbies, exercise options have dwindled, and I'm stuck in a house stocked with snacks. I wish the weather would at least cooperate a little so I could get outside a bit more. Maybe next week will be better there.

And, work is pretty slow as well with everything. We mostly work with the local city governments, and a lot of them are shut down, so there's not as much activity (at least for what I do personally).

Home life is, as usual, mainly focused on my daughter. Very little conversation with the wife. She'll occasionally make a comment about things going on in the world, but there's never any significant discussion (in either length or subject matter). I suppose that's better than the icy cold stonewalling I used to get for months and months.

My daughter loves it when we're together. She'll direct us sometimes to go sit somewhere together, or in a way that she can sit between both of us. Then she'll doing something like, look at my W and say, "My mommy." Look at me and say, "My daddy." Then just lift her head up and smile and say, "My mommy and my daddy!" It's bittersweet as I love seeing her happy and smiling, but it breaks my heart because of what is in progress (of course, that process, with whatever timeline it was on, is delayed now too, I think, as the court has continued almost all cases to a later date).

It's one thing to be patient when there are things to keep you busy, but much more difficult when most of the things you'd like to do are not an option. Now, there's too much time for the mind.

K
K
I'm right there with you in that boat...

Stuck...

Trying to keep the focus on me, but sitting in an empty house is awful and I refuse to put the television on. It hurts to have it on and not due to current events. I just cant stand it on anymore.

And you are right the weather stinks.... further keeping us stuck.

Time to day dream.

R
R
Originally Posted by CaptainN

It's one thing to be patient when there are things to keep you busy, but much more difficult when most of the things you'd like to do are not an option. Now, there's too much time for the mind.

Study for the amateur (HAM) radio licence...that will keep you busy.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
C
OP Offline
C
Of course, as soon as I mention things being delayed, my lawyer asks to speak with me. Will have a conversation with them in the next couple of days.

I do have the option of trying to force her to do counseling (I am honestly more concerned about her getting some for her kids' sake, than for our R), but have declined that so far, thinking it would make things worse considering her resistance.

Last edited by CaptainN; 03/18/20 10:15 PM.
T
T
Originally Posted by Captain
I'm bored. This virus has really done a number on options. There's nowhere to go now after work. No classes, no hobbies, exercise options have dwindled, and I'm stuck in a house stocked with snacks. I wish the weather would at least cooperate a little so I could get outside a bit more. Maybe next week will be better there.

GAL is more of a challenge than usual. I've been doing daily hikes--solo, with my kids, or with Meetups I lead. It's 30s-40s here with light rain and snow--nothing a jack and rain pants can't handle. My local yoga class has switched to an online format. I can still play my guitar, workout, may sculpt clay next week if I can find a shop to fire it. Been calling old friends and acquaintances. Also seems an *ideal* time to plan vacations and trips for late summer when things have simmered down. e-Learning is a good option, too.

T
T
Originally Posted by Read2Change
Study for the amateur (HAM) radio licence...that will keep you busy.

Woah--fellow ham?! I hold a General class license and know morse code. smile

A
A
Journaling....

Man I wish so bad I had that "problem"! My boss is old school, doesn't believe there's a real health problem and expects us to be at our desk every day. Surely you can find some hobby you're interested in. Here is a list of hobbies that don't require leaving the house, you could probably order everything you need online for any of these:

- Painting
- Sculpting in oven bake clay
- Leatherwork
- Sand art
- Leaded/ stained glass
- Building plastic models (car/ plane/ boat)
- Build a model railroad
- Build a diorama
- Build an R/C car, plane or boat

Heck a lot of men try knitting and sewing too. I've tried it but I don't have nearly enough patience.

I've done all of the above by the way.

Most people will respond "but I'm not good at that" or "I'm not artsy". Do you think any of us were when we started out? Some of my early work is terrible! You research, you look at the work others have done, you practice techniques, you try and then try again and try again.

If there's not SOMETHING you can enjoy doing at home then you need to change that.

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by AnotherStander
Journaling....

Man I wish so bad I had that "problem"! My boss is old school, doesn't believe there's a real health problem and expects us to be at our desk every day. Surely you can find some hobby you're interested in. Here is a list of hobbies that don't require leaving the house, you could probably order everything you need online for any of these:

- Painting
- Sculpting in oven bake clay
- Leatherwork
- Sand art
- Leaded/ stained glass
- Building plastic models (car/ plane/ boat)
- Build a model railroad
- Build a diorama
- Build an R/C car, plane or boat

Heck a lot of men try knitting and sewing too. I've tried it but I don't have nearly enough patience.

I've done all of the above by the way.

Most people will respond "but I'm not good at that" or "I'm not artsy". Do you think any of us were when we started out? Some of my early work is terrible! You research, you look at the work others have done, you practice techniques, you try and then try again and try again.

If there's not SOMETHING you can enjoy doing at home then you need to change that.

Well, I have hobbies at home (I'm a home theater enthusiast and have a movie theater in the basement), but I'm talking about going and getting out of the house. My boredom probably exists mostly at work which has gotten really slow.

It's a nice list, but none of those things interest me, in even the slightest way.

Maybe, I should try learning a new language.

C
OP Offline
C
I am considering getting a few of the coaching sessions. Anyone have experience with that?

U
U
I did 3 sessions. I liked them, the coach framed things a bit differently for me than the forum, gave me some things to think about.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard