Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Coconut Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I’ve been watching “Reba”.. loved her as a singer, but the show is surreal.. I could never be friends wit OM, or OW, as the show depicts.. but really, the show is about not taking life to seriously, taking what is in the moment and making the most of it.. that’s what I want.. I recently learned my ex is engaged, but it didn’t phase me, he isn’t the OM and means nothing to me.. but I have a wonderful woman that I’ve spent 6 months getting to know and who has never let me down.. I’ve learned I can look forward and back at the same time, and learn from both

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
D
D
Originally Posted by Coconut
...but I have a wonderful woman that I’ve spent 6 months getting to know and who has never let me down.

Coconut,

Good for you! Did your FWB relationship blossom?

C
Coconut Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by doodler
Originally Posted by Coconut
...but I have a wonderful woman that I’ve spent 6 months getting to know and who has never let me down.

Coconut,

Good for you! Did your FWB relationship blossom?

Yeah, tbh, it was originally agreed to be a FWB R, but that’s not my style.. I’ve always set plans to get out and do things together, paid for the outings, dinners, etc.. but I’ve stayed away from pressuring her and she’s done the same, we just enjoy the time we spend together and don’t question the time we don’t.. she told me a long time ago that she isn’t, and doesn’t want to, date anyone else even though I told her I wasn’t ready to stop meeting others.. but the fact is I look forward to spending time with her more than anyone else... so two weeks ago I told her I was focusing on only her, that if we didn’t work it would only be because we didn’t work, not because of someone else. I do struggle with the fact that she is still legally married though, even though they haven’t spoken since way before I met her, and she dated others before me. Refresher, he is a disabled vet with PTSD, and she ran from the house fearing for her life (and her teenage daughter ran with her), so I don’t feel like I’m interfering with their possible reconciliation, but you never really know for sure.

But yes, our R has progressed, she is really good to me and she fits my life really well.. about a month ago I started introducing her to my friends and it’s been going really well...

M - 9 1/2 years
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
D
D

Yep, I think FWB is an awkward conundrum; it seems to me that it would be nearly impossible to remain emotionally withdrawn. Regarding the married girlfriend thing, be prepared to be pummeled... smirk

D
D
I love the show Reba. I just hope I'm not Barbara Jean. LOL In the case of my XH's first XW, she was totally Barbara Jean and we made it work. We are NOT best friends, but we are cordial and friendly for the sake of the girls and grandkids.

Totally agree with Doodler....be ready for a smack down about the married gf. wink

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
A
A
Sigh. OK - I'll do it.

You are a very naughty boy.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
D
D
Andrew,

Are you hijacking Coconut's thread? You're insensitive and incorrigible. But I guess the two of you are peas in a pod. Band of brothers. Wife stealing weasels. And you wear your girlfriend's knickers. So there, take that!

C
Coconut Offline OP
OP Offline
C
My son called me today, he was excited out of his mind; he was kind of spiraling.. I’ve done my best to be there for him, to be a rock in his life, but even though I’ve worked hard to not have expectations of him I have felt let down by him in the recent past. But today he found out he was selected to be part of the Presidential Leadership Commitee for his University. I had no idea what that meant, but could tell it meant a lot to him and based on his out of his mind excitedness, I could tell it was a big deal for him, and I was his first call.

He’s currently a 2nd year student enrolled as pre med, has been accepted as an intern in two labs doing research in diabetes (he was diagnosed as type one when a senior in high school) which is very very rare as a sophmore, and when visiting with him last week told me he is wanting to apply for a MD-PHD degree for Pediatric Surgery and labratory studies.. he has made significant accomplishments in his short life (athlete of the year in both junior and senior years of HS, nothing lower than A in all classes since 3rd grade, black belt in karate (his sensei was trained in Okinawa), and is well liked socially), but getting chosen to be on this committee really excited him and he called me first. I know that might not seem like much to some, but I often worry that he somehow blames me for not having a home to go back to, i was only part of his everyday life for 10 years so I would imagine it would be easier to subconsciously blame me than his mother.

The only good thing that came out of my marriage was him, I worked hard at being an involved father, I truly believe that my love of math is what inspired his love for it (once I got him to understand basic principles of mathematics) and that combined with the discipline and outlet karate gave him (I enrolled him in karate in 2nd grade) got him excited to learn.

This post really has no meaning other than I’m really happy that I made such a positive impact on his life..

M - 9 1/2 years
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
N
N
The sparks you setted in his soul are still there. There is an ardent flame of love between you both there, an everlasting bond.

Be proud of that Coco.

WW H(me): 53
W: 48
T: 27 M: 22
S: 18
Piecing since 03/2016
Saw the light in the storm
K
kml Offline
K
You did good!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4