Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
O
Originally Posted by Newbie20
In case anyone cares, we straightened out our differences and are fully reconciled after 2.5 years of separation. We are too old to spend months analyzing every move and playing power games with each other. It's better now than it ever was and I am glad I will not be one of the gray divorce victims. I wish the rest of you a similar positive ending to the saga.

I think in retrospect this was a MLC on his part. It started in his late 50s amd dragged on for over 5 years. We weren't separated the whole time but he was hell on wheels to live with.

Newbie, you are awesome and I am so glad to hear this. Your work on taking your own power back in this situation has been so inspiring for me. I am still working on believing I will be okay no matter what.

My husband has been going through a big fat MLC and "hell on wheels" is truly the accurate way to describe it.

I hope you will stick around on the board. We need you!

the best apology is changed behavior.
me: 45 h: 48
m: 23 T: 26
DD1:19 DD2:16 DS:11
BD1: PA for 2 yrs 08/2016
BD2: OW is one of my closest friends 12/2016
BD3: H wants a D 11/2019
N
OP Offline
N
You'll get there when it trashes your life so much that you start getting mad and thinking of ways to deal with your fears. I think your situation is very much like May's and will eventually work out if you stand your ground and don't fall for these fantasy scenarios.

H
H
That is wonderful, I’m happy to hear this as well. I like the optimism your posts and your story bring to this forum!

N
OP Offline
N
I think yours will too. Draw a line in the sand.

C
C
Ah, I'm happy for you, Newbie! I keep wondering if one day everything is going to click, and I'll just come to feel that acceptance you did. I'm hopefully working toward that point but going through a rough patch in my confidence. More perspectives are always good, and I hope you'll stick around too.

T: 16 M:10
BD 6/2019
H
H
Originally Posted by Newbie20
I think yours will too. Draw a line in the sand.

This is what I want to do. I don’t think I’m doing it well enough though. I will take any and all advice smile

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard