Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
K
kml Offline
K
Maybe it will be a good thing not to have the cruise next year - I feel like it puts an artificial pressure on you and your dating life that is very unpleasant for you.

Now you can just date for what YOU want, which is an independent, fun companion for sometimes but not all the time if I'm not mistaken?

Yes, I know that's work too, but without the pressure of the cruise maybe you can relax and find someone who is a good hang.

P
P
I want to hear what else is going on with you.

I agree with KML, no cruise might be a blessing in disguise for you. It does seem to be a huge stressor for you. I’m glad this one wasn’t that bad going alone. I remember how much the thought of going alone has weighed in you over the years.

Last edited by job; 02/12/20 12:13 AM. Reason: made an edit for Pinn
P
P
Ugh...going on **with you

Can we just edit back already for at least a minute

Made the edit for you. I don't think the edit button has worked properly on this forum for a number of years. Don't have a clue as to why it doesn't work, but we have mentioned it a few times when they do the yearly upgrades. I don't know if it is a glitch in the system or something that needs to be tweaked. I'll mention it again.

Last edited by job; 02/12/20 12:18 AM.
D
DonH Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by pinn
Ugh...going on **with you. Can we just edit back already for at least a minute.

Putting on my IT hat for just a minute I’m near positive the edit button is not “broken” it is simply a parameter that has been toggled off. It would be extremely easy for someone with high enough permission on their login to turn it back on and set the time parameter. Problem is I’m just as sure no one comes around here or is even on the payroll anymore who can do it. Guess we are lucky this place is even still here. But I do agree with you and would even volunteer to do it for them if that would help. This is a common, though out-dated, BB that I’ve administered for other clients over the years.

As for the cruise, the first year was a much bigger deal to me. This year not near as much and then I also didn’t put in very much effort. I kept my eyes open but there were never any real front runners. I waited until the first “deadline” I was given to finally start asking. When that didnt work out I sort of stopped. I then thought at least the flight deadline had passed even though I later found out it had not. Then I thought whomever went could not fly with me - that also turned out not to be true. I then made a second round of attempts Several months later and like 2 month prior to sailing and got a bit stupid about it, which I now regret though no harm was done at all. In the end our flights never got booked until mid November and cabins were not assigned until mid December. So much for the nonsense of September 1 being the “deadline.”

Anyhow my point is, I didn’t try very hard outside of two, couple week pushes a couple months apart. Now, if anything the amount of trying will even be less. Having the need to find someone to go actually encouraged my to look and try harder to date. Now with no need I’ll likely try even less. I might be better off if there was another cruise, though certainly it will be less stress this way without one. I’m not a Home Depot guy but as Doodler decided he’d rather fix his house up than go on a date, I’d rather do whatever too, than go on a date. I’m just so sick of not being attracted to most or them being too nuts to pursue.

Although that said there are at least 3 casuals on my radar. One lives 2 hours away, another about 10 and one is actually in Canada. Need something closer - just not too close. Lol. It’s just so disappointing that someone I’d totally put effort in for, like the lady that’s married (if she was not of course) versus those that I have to almost push myself to be interested. I really do have a pretty great life. If I was miserable or at least wanting someone enough I’d do something about it. Evidently I’m not so I don’t. In fact I told that to someone Sunday night.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
P
P
Bumping dons thread so bfly can have hers back

B
B
Originally Posted by pinn
Bumping dons thread so bfly can have hers back

smoochies and hugs pinn xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
D
DonH Offline OP
OP Offline
D
LMAO but, just like the Dk pics, I didn’t start it! smile

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
D
DonH Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Has anyone else been getting all sorts of errors here on the message boards over the past several days? Anything from database errors to an odd message saying the forum will not be available for awhile or something similar? Hope it’s just maintenance and not the beginning of the end. Makes me wonder if it’s not time for someone to create a private Facebook group before it’s too late and we can no longer connect. Just a thought.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
T
T
Hi Don, they upgraded the website software yesterday/today, and I’m guessing that triggered those unexpected blips. That said, I’d be down for a private group. wink

B
B
me too even tho thats against the rules

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver