Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
V
V
Stay strong buddy. These are trying times...

job Offline
Please stay safe and healthy. I'm glad to see someone is taking this situation seriously. There are some people in the lower 50 aren't taking this seriously and it is only going to make things worse and prolong the process of the virus dying off.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
N
N
Keep shining there Irish. The lighthouse at the safe harbour. Glad to see what you are.

Stay strong and taking good care of your Ds, as usual.

WW H(me): 53
W: 48
T: 27 M: 22
S: 18
Piecing since 03/2016
Saw the light in the storm
B
B
Wishing to health and safety. Blessings

W (me): 50 H: 46
M: 21 T: 25
S:17 D:15
BD 11/2019

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You can not withstand the storm" And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm." ~Unknown
B
B
Originally Posted by Irish M

Today is the first day she didn't write. I won't reach out first. No point . This is her time not mine.

stay safe everyone. Protect your famillies. things will settle down in a 6-8 weeks and we will celebrate with the world.

I'm worried about her.. I hope she is well and safe..
Thank you for the update - just seeing this now. I know this must be a very busy time for you with work. Wishing you continued good health and wellbeing, as always xo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
I
Irish M Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Happy Mother’s day to all the amazing moms here who put your kids first and made sure they are all safe.

An amazing bunch of strong women here.

:-)

Irish

M51
XW43 (38 at bd)
BD1 MAY 30 2015
BD2 JUNE 25 2015 by text
moved out Aug 2 2015
left both Daughters 13 and 15 (now 18-20)
Her divorce Final July 26 2016
Last time she saw her kids Aug 2 2015
K
kml Offline
K
And to all the dads who have had to become moms too!

B
B
thx Irish. Happy mother's day to the guy who stepped up big time to do double duty. really proud of you and your girls. hope all is well. i'm sure you're swamped at work right now given current events. stay safe !
xo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
I
Irish M Offline OP
OP Offline
I
thanks Kml and Bttrfly, I usually say happy mothers day to a few dads who I know personnal who pull double duty. I don't want to take anything away from the moms. Besides fathers day is around the corner. Maybe there should merge the two and call it parents day.. or a parents week :-)

Just a quick update. I sold my house this week. The real estate market had shut down for a few weeks since this covid started. It only opened up last week. Had 3 visits and 3 offers. So i am very happy for the sell price. Move out date is june 24.

The challenge is, the house i intended to buy and move into. it's no longer available. The home owners lost their jobs and the purchase of their new home got derailled.

So this week i am visiting a few more houses , hopfully we find our dream home. I am in no panic even though the days are flying by. My cousin has an airBnB she can't rent so I can use that temporally. Pretty good deal. Inground pool and lake front.

As for the girls. Keeping teeenage girls sane and inside isn't easy. As i'm sure you are all experiencing tough times.

for the MLC XW. well she wrote me a few times. Talking about good times, mistakes she's made and regret. She oppened up on her poor choice of boyfriends. I listened and didn't add anything to stick her with the "I told you so" or "AH HA... i'm not the crazy one after all."

It was emails, texts and even a phone calls. She seemed as if a few more lights came on.

Sadly it didn't last and I am so happy i didn't feed into it and I didn't fall for it. Maybe just before our last email exchange something happened in her life that made her slip back into the whole.

Last weekend I get a message. Telling me I am no good, ruined her life. ruining the girls lives and that they need her.
I reminded her " Yes, they did need you. In the past when we seperated , the girls deffinitely needed a mom for love and support during the hardest time of their lives. You chose not too."

Irish, that's not what I said. They need me know. It's mothers day, don't you think the girls need a mother.

I guess another mothers day explaining to people in her entourage why she dosnt see her girls is hard.

XW, you can ask them what they need. You might not get an answer but if you do nothing then expect nothing

Irish, when we split up, you should of forced them to see me.

XW, maybe you don't remember. When you split us up, your life plan was no kids and no responsibilities. You gave them up like an old pair of shoes. You ran and they had no place in your life. Now we can't go back in the past, what's done is done. But, what you do with the next few days, weeks, months and years is all on you. I can't help you. If ever you remember and want to discuss it with me or them you have everyones emails. If you want to still lie and twist the facts , then I don't have time.

with that it went quiet.

On the job front. Its been 80 hour weeks. Business is great, I have a job still and to buy a new house I am not stressed out. I do wish the Covid was gone and life returned to normal. I miss social interaction.

Hope you are all practicing social distancing and protecting your families and your self.

take care

Irish

M51
XW43 (38 at bd)
BD1 MAY 30 2015
BD2 JUNE 25 2015 by text
moved out Aug 2 2015
left both Daughters 13 and 15 (now 18-20)
Her divorce Final July 26 2016
Last time she saw her kids Aug 2 2015
H
H
Seems she is continuing to pin ball from lucid moments to the blame game. Five years without seeing her kids must be quite an extraordinary thing to face.

It is interesting how she seems stuck in a time warp. She says they need a mother and yet she can’t act on it. Instead she just keeps looking to the lost time which can, as you say, can never be replaced.

And if she is recognizing her past boyfriends were bad choices and that’s where she opted to double down at the full expense of her girls, well, ouch.

Roll on you tank.

Me 41, H 47, M 15 yrs, S11, S13
BD 1: 11/4/14 we work on it; really I pretzel myself
BD 2: 3/31/15 H goes down to "dorm room"
8/15: H back to MBR
10/15: H back in dorm room
1/18: H files, now divorced
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard