Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
It was careful attention to laundry instructions - Dave the Barbarian - Lederhosen of Doom episode.

Prior thread - Adventures while on a coddiwomple
https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2882372&page=1

So.

Yes.

Ahem.

I'm engaged.

To S.

We were talking on Saturday and S was pressing me on how hard I've been pushing myself trying to keep up with things at home, helping her with her stuff and making time for her. She was very concerned that I was overdoing things to the detriment of my health. She wasn't wrong.

We had talked in vague and general terms for the last while about getting married and what would be entailed. I had already been researching rings and other things (my Facebook ads are all very romantic right now). My original intent was to wait until late summer when her daughter's wedding was out of the way but - as I will - I suddenly decided that there really was no actual reason to keep waiting, got down off the couch on to one knee and asked. She said yes.

S and her S12 stayed over on Tuesday night through in to Wednesday. S12 was wired and waaay over the moon about this. As is S herself. I am a combination of terrified and excited.

On Wednesday over an extended lunch break we went to a local jeweler, went through all the various rings available and S picked a lovely one that matches both my vision, her tastes and yes - my/our budget. I did joke that the bigger rings could be looked at while she mused "it would have been nice to have a honeymoon instead".

After we went to a local park and there by the hot-spring fed pond with the ducks swimming around, under the trees covered in snow. S sat on a bench (getting a cold and wet butt from the snow) and I proposed again. She said yes again.

Those friends and family we've told have been very happy for us. S25 was somewhat surprised but also said that he's very happy too. My D27 still isn't really talking to me and didn't respond when I sent her the news - that's a story that will hopefully play out over time.

S's two boys at home are very pleased and are looking forward to eventually moving to my village. Her oldest daughter is very happy for us and is teasing her own fiancee about the fact that he has yet to get on bended knee and provide a ring despite them having a wedding planned for mid-June. S's middle daughter's reaction was to ask if she could move in to my house and out of her step-dad's place and was told no by her mother (a decision I support). S's oldest son is on Australia and she hasn't been able to connect to him as of yet despite days of trying.

We're keeping things quiet on social media until she's been able to talk to her son. We have pictures.

So - end of mystery.

No dates have been set. Sometime this fall is the current plan. S and I both agree that we don't want to shadow her own daughter's wedding. There is a complication on S's Australian son attending. There are 1001 or more various details and complications to deal with. It will all work out. And yes, her divorce paperwork is already underway. S's STBX is unlikely to be an obstacle to anything as he mentioned to her recently about some of his dating disasters in recent time when they met to sort out various things.

-------------------------------

In other news, S25 is doing well in his new job and is pretty happy about it. Independently of issues at home, he has begun to look for an apartment for himself and his cats closer to work. He's planning on moving probably in April. I've assured him that there is no rush and that he's not being pushed out.

This Sunday we need his help for S's Superbowl party which was already planned as he's the only one who knows how to reliably stream the game (we don't have cable).

---------------------------------

Very concerned about 20-Something. I let her know that I was engaged on Wednesday morning with a "gentle" nudge about her stuff. She congratulated me and then called a bit later. Something rather out of character. She sounded very "off" and had to leave suddenly. She called me a few hours later, still sounding very off and let me know that she's leaving her BF (again) with the help of some good friends. I was to not message her about anything related to that as he's now started regularly going through her phone. She assured me she is safe although I do have my doubts. She will now need furniture she says. Writing that makes me even more worried about her. She has asked me to not tell anyone so I hope that this place counts as not telling anyone as I am sure that nobody here or randomly watching know her.

--------------------------

Before everyone jumps in and lambastes me for moving too fast, picking an inappropriate partner etc, I have indeed taken all opinions on board and considered them carefully. I've also examined my heart carefully too. There are risks in any relationship. No relationship is perfect. What I am confident in though is that both S and I are willing to put in the effort necessary to be a team that faces the future together.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
D
D
Originally Posted by AndrewP

So.

Yes.

Ahem.

I'm engaged.

To S.

Took.

A d*mp.

In my.

Pants.

Ahem.

Congratulations!!!

L
L
Andy P congrats man. No comments from me I will leave that to Don.

I want an invite since I’m local and sleeping with one of your country women.

If need be I can bring Mila Kunis Ginger as my date lol.

D
D
Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit! I would love to say I'm truly shocked, but I'm just kinda shocked. If she were already divorced I wouldn't even be at all shocked, but whatever. I'm not going to lambaste. I'll just say congratulations and I expect a wedding invite. You don't have to factor me into the poutine budget for the reception though. I'll just stop by Tim Horton's and grab me a French vanilla and some Tim bits and call it good. Can Sparky be my +1? We can make it a honeymoon. He does like poutine if that helps you in your decision making.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
D
Originally Posted by Dawn70
I would love to say I'm truly shocked, but I'm just kinda shocked.

Dawn,

I wish you'd warned me that there was the slightest probability that Andrew would pop the question. I wouldn't have had to suffer through the humiliation of torquing a steamer whilst at the workplace.

D
D
If I had known, I most certainly would've fired a warning shot, doodler. I was clueless, but still not overly surprised. Andrew seems to act with reckless abandon something akin to a run-away train when he gets a bee in his bonnet about something. Clearly S has put a bee in his bonnet. Should we wear bonnets to the wedding, Andrew? Well, should I, is a better question, because Sparky would just look silly in one.

Wait...………..I get it now...……….Andrew and S are clearly trying to cash in on the fact that Prince Harry and Meghan are now in residence in the great white north. It all makes sense. The timing of the proposal vs. the timing of the royal kerfuffle/flight to Canada.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
L
L
Just curious if polygamy is legal in Canada?

D
D
Wait...………..I get it now...……….Andrew and S are clearly trying to cash in on the fact that Prince Harry and Meghan are now in residence in the great white north. It all makes sense. The timing of the proposal vs. the timing of the royal kerfuffle/flight to Canada.

Dawn,

You're probably right, but we certainly don't want to call him Prince Andrew.

I was wondering if maybe I'd driven him to marriage. I'd been giving him so much sh!t lately that I thought maybe he'd decided to get married so he could get off of this forum. (We're not here voluntarily are we?)

A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by LH19
Just curious if polygamy is legal in Canada?
You're not my type LH laugh

Originally Posted by doodler

Dawn,

You're probably right, but we certainly don't want to call him Prince Andrew.

I was wondering if maybe I'd driven him to marriage. I'd been giving him so much sh!t lately that I thought maybe he'd decided to get married so he could get off of this forum. (We're not here voluntarily are we?)
Yeah - I was actually named after Prince Andrew - it was a long time ago though. Perhaps this would open up S's apartment for the formerly Royal couple. It's across from a bar and a convenience store and located above a small engine repair shop. Ideal location for anything a new immigrant family might need. We have talked about the possibility of sub-letting it ....

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
D
D
Wow...just...wow. Congratulations Andrew. I hope it all works out for you. Not sure what else to say. Kinda shocked... Best of luck!!! (((HUGS)))

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard