Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
D
D
Andrew,

I'm sorry I've screwed-up your thread again. You posted just before my last poutine post. No harm, no foul?

Originally Posted by AndrewP
I'm working through feelings about seeing the presence of B again.

All B ever wanted was your house your money and your nut dust.

I'll have a more comprehensive post responding to your most recent post sometime in the next 24 hours or so. It takes me all day to read your posts. It's not so much that I'm a slow reader, it's my comprehension that's lacking. No worries though, we'll get through this thread in no time.

D
D
OMG....doodler, you LITERALLY made me laugh out loud with your "Oh McNo!" line. I mean, if my office door were open, students would be walking past wondering what I was guffawing about. As it is the door is closed because the heat is out in our building and it is slightly akin to a Canadian winter in the hallway. No sign of a poutine stand, though. Whew! As for blowing through Andrew's thread, thanks for helping him out.

Andrew, Andrew, my dear Andrew...………...so so many comments from your recent post. Some I'll keep to myself because while I think they are funny, they may not translate across written media and may just come across as snarky and since you are one of my most favorite people here, I do not want to be snarky.

I totally get what you are saying about the fog we experience where X's are concerned. When I think back on my previously married life, there are many things that seem a blur. Sure, I can remember bits and pieces of good times, but I can also remember the times my XH was selfish, self-absorbed and a downright a$$hat. To be fair, though, I can remember times when I was a selfish b!tch, so there is that. It wasn't all wine and roses but it wasn't all vinegar and thorns either. I kind of like the fog. It allows me to have good memories without having to give too much thought to a person who destroyed my life.

As far as B, I actually kind of agree with doodler, though I might have been a little less crass in my description. While I think B was a lovely lady and had a fondness for you, I think it was more about a fondness for the comfort you could offer her that she was unused to. While I understand the fog surrounding your XW, I am not as understanding of you still feeling a pull toward B. Not saying you aren't allowed to feel that way, certainly, but just that I don't really get it, but I don't have that warm fuzzy feeling for any exes, so that is probably why I don't see your vision on this one. I get that B hasn't blocked you but that doesn't mean that you can't block her if it is getting up in your feelings. You really don't have to remain friends with an x who you are over and done with.

As far as your being "single", I totally almost called you out on that on facebook the other day, but didn't. I get that S doesn't like to put her personal life out there, but you are most definitely NOT single and if I was in S's shoes, I wouldn't like it either, so I get why she has taken you to task for it. Stop calling yourself single. I get that she is still technically married so it makes it awkward to call her your girlfriend, but you are totally not a footloose and fancy free single dude at this point.

About the stored stuff of your young friend. Dude, you are a very kind and generous soul. You already have the stuff, so why would you offer her $50 for it? Particularly if you are going to give it to someone else? Let S25 make his own furniture decisions if and when he is ready to move out and if HE wants to offer her $50 for it, then let him. If S wants it for her place, then let her offer the girl money, but YOU should not offer her money after you have basically saved her paying storage fees for, what...over a year now? I get you are wanting/trying to help this girl and that is very noble, but at some point, she has to help herself and she clearly is going to leave her stuff as long as you don't push her to move it. You mentioned talking about a storage place with her. Come on now, Andrew....that isn't going to happen and you know it. You'll suggest it, she'll say she can't afford it, then you'll say oh well, it isn't in my way...I have plenty of space. And down the road everyone will go. She clearly doesn't need or want the stuff if it has been in your possession all this time, so go ahead and put it out with free signs. Yeah, you can tell her you're doing that just so she can come get stuff if she wants it, but I bet she won't bother. It will be a much more freeing thing than you think if you will just set her stuff free and reclaim those parts of your house. I guarantee you, if you don't do it now, S will take care of it when she moves in. You are a good egg, Andrew, but you bed WAY too far over backwards for people and they take advantage of it. I would bet good money that if you just gave away or put out with free signs all of her stuff and just never mentioned it again, neither would she. Leaving you with her burden relieved her of it in her mind.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
DnJ Online
D
Good Morning Andrew

I agree with Dawn. You are not single. Best be changing your mindset to boyfriend.

Originally Posted by AndrewP
My daughter also remarked that since she left Canada that it's been pretty much impossible to find good fries. Since she's still not (quite) talking to me I've not heard if she has had any luck in San Diego.

That’s unfortunate. Daughter not talking to you, not the fries. Although fries are awesome, especially good fries.

I do recall the particulars you shared regarding this. It’s been a while. I do hope things get ironed out between you two before those wrinkles set in.

I hope your new downtown office has a nice view.

Have a great day.

DnJ

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
D
D
Andrew,

I couldn't decide if I should post this on your thread or my thread; I don't know what would be best.

Anyway, you probably know about my poutine obsession. I've never actually eaten authentic poutine, but it's something I can't stop thinking about. I should probably get professional help. Regardless, I went down to the cafeteria during lunch and I asked the guy if they had poutine. He said they do indeed have poutime as long as I didn't mind having it without gravy and cheese curds. I told him that would be fine. And, I have to say, the poutine was better than I would've expected. You should try poutine without gravy and cheese curds sometime, it's really good.

K
kml Offline
K
Lolol

A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by doodler
I couldn't decide if I should post this on your thread or my thread; I don't know what would be best.

Anyway, you probably know about my poutine obsession. I've never actually eaten authentic poutine, but it's something I can't stop thinking about. I should probably get professional help. Regardless, I went down to the cafeteria during lunch and I asked the guy if they had poutine. He said they do indeed have poutime as long as I didn't mind having it without gravy and cheese curds. I told him that would be fine. And, I have to say, the poutine was better than I would've expected. You should try poutine without gravy and cheese curds sometime, it's really good.
I took a look and your current thread has been active for 170 days and counting. The prior one for 275 days. It seems like a shame to sully such well aged threads with the mundane.

I am unsurprised that your poutine experience has been satisfying to you - to paraphrase Colonel Nathan R. Jessup "You can't handle the curds!". I do truly hope that you didn't make use of "Sauce Americano" - aka ketchup.

I'm (sort of) moved in to my downtown office. I left home at around 6:15 and got in here at 9:30. Lighter than usual traffic. There's a transient spot that will probably become "mine" - at least according to the controller who told me to use it. It used to be her desk before her second last promotion. 13th floor cubicle with a window. One of the walls is padded and one is at least 100' above a busy street. The view is nice at least. I can see right in to some of the apartments around - so glad that I don't live in such a place - although as I joked to S the other day - I'm the reason my neighbours have curtains. The plan is for me to be here 2 days / week. Admin staff is pleased that we can save courier costs by sending stuff back and forth with me between here and the acid plant I also spend time at.

Bored bored bored. So many things are on hold right now with a variety of changes happening plus the usual nonsense around a year-end. Given the industry that I'm in, quiet is generally a good thing though. I need to look a bit harder and perhaps expand my role some more. I'm confident still on my job security though but know that I need to be seen to be adding value.

I just saw a thing on Facebook that the young lad who is staying with my next door neighbour just built a 5' high snow penis on her front deck facing the street. Ah - youth. B's step-daughter is part of the "crowd" around my neighbour's daughter and had a laugh at it. I never met this young woman though and she wasn't close to her step-mom. Small world indeed though.

I haven't heard from S all day - a message I sent her earlier in the day is unread. Unusual, but not alarming. The local school board is on strike and she's undoubtedly busy with the boys. And I suspect that she's doing a bunch of organizing of stuff she wants me to do for / with her for the weekend. I did hear back from the township and there is no additional licensing / paperwork necessary to operate a home based business like S's out of the house. She does tarot and aura readings and also runs workshops on vision boards etc as part of that side hustle. Having a space that she has more control over vs her prior space will undoubtedly be helpful. My friend who I had dinner with on Tuesday assured me that my relationship with S was undoubtedly "in the cards". I forwarded the email to S so that we have it on file that the township has no issues. I did try to find any relevant bylaws on signage but couldn't see any at that government level. S will undoubtedly be well informed.

Ah well - back to the grind.

TL;DR - I'm bored and haven't had any poutine all day.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
So I figured out how to blow this thread right out of the water.

She said yes.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
G
G
Yes to what?

D
D
Well, since it was her idea to move in, I don’t think that’s it. So, yes to what????

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
W
W
Don’t tell us you’ve popped the question?

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard