Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Okay...Brook just keeps getting better. Last night I was super tired and we were supposed to chat so I sent him a good night text saying that I was fading fast and needed to get some sleep. When I woke up this morning, I was surprised I didn’t have a response (would have been the norm for Jack). Went to the gym and when I got back, there was a text waiting for me apologizing for not saying good night. He had been talking to his daughter and when he looked at his phone and saw my text, he thought that I was probably sleeping so didn’t want to risk waking me with a text. OMG...he is almost too good to be true. The weekend cannot get here fast enough. Happy Monday everyone!!! (((HUGS)))

J
J
That is normal!!!! Jac was not and you deserved better.

My last boyfriend would just stop respond kid text and I would think we were still having a conversation via text. It drove me nuts. Like if your busy or something comes up, just say “gotta go” but it was just nothing. I’m just so glad to not have him around anymore.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
J
J
I meant mid text not kid text.

And also wanted to add... that I view jack saying he still wants to spend the night with you and just doesn’t want to know about another guy as disrespectful. Cause he’s saying your good enough to sleep with but not good enough for the rest. Men that love you Aren’t ok with sharing. He’s playing games and when you start seeing how brook treats you, I think it will stand out more.

Brook sounds amazing though!

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
D
D
So thrilled for you! I hope you have an awesome date. Totally agree with Juju....men who love and respect you don't expect you to not talk about other guys while still sleeping with them, but then hold you at arm's length for any real emotional connections. You deserve so much more.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
G
G
Will be looking forward to the recap of your date this weekend!

D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks everyone. I was interested in reading your take on my interaction with Jack. I actually didn’t read it that way. I thought he was saying that if I didn’t want him to come over and the reason was that I am seeing someone, then he didn’t want to know that was the reason. I just thought he was protecting himself. Regardless...whatever it is...I do deserve more that what he was able and/or willing to give and I am happy about the decision I made. I didn’t expect to have someone more suited fall into my lap the way that Brook did but maybe this is just how things were supposed to go. If I had added him as a FB friend nine months ago when I first started dating, I don’t think he was in a place at that time to go down that road and probably wouldn’t have contacted me. The timing is perfect. And if this turns out to be my forever love than I will be eternally grateful for all of it... even XH and all of his antics.

J, D & G... you guys are so awesome. Thanks for all of your support and for cheering me on. G... I have no idea why things have been so tough for you in the love department. Sometimes the reasons for things are never clear until we get where we are supposed to be. In my case, Brook was not even on the market a year ago so it had to be now. Maybe there is a Brook out there for you that just isn’t quite ready to find you yet. Please don’t give up.

As soon as my date is done, you can bet I will be giving you an update. I am so, so, so nervous and excited and borderline terrified...lol. This just feels different. I hope I am right.

(((HUGS)))

K
kml Offline
K
Cool your jets, DV. This is exciting and new but don’t be in any rush to fall into a “forever love”. Infatuation is nice and he sounds like a potentially good fit, but take the time to really figure out who he is today.

D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks KML. I know... you’re right...lol. I’m excited to reconnect with him but it didn’t work out the first time...lol. Maybe not the second either. Fifteen year-old me will settle down. Promise. laugh

D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Almost hiccup with Brook. On Monday, we had our normal off and on workday text interactions until about 2:30. Both of us were having a busy day so I didn’t text him again until after work to tell him that my last appointment was done and “Happy Monday”. I knew he had two hours to go so I expected he would text me sometime after work. I went to my pool league around the same time he was getting off work so thought that I would hear from him sometime during league. At 10:10, still nothing so I sent a short text saying I was heading home. Nothing. The next morning, I sent him my usual Good Morning and again, nothing. So by the time I get to my nail appointment, I am really confused because I know he is not the kind of person who would ghost me but it feels like I’ve been ghosted which makes no sense given the last ten days of daily texting.

Now if this was Jack, I would think nothing of it but it’s Brook so it feels like something is wrong. So my nail tech convinces me that I should risk another text and just ask him if anything is wrong. So I sent him a brief text when I got home basically saying that I knew he was at work and probably busy but that I hadn’t heard from him in awhile which was not the norm and then asked if everything was okay. Five minutes later, I get a text apologizing for not being in touch and that his uncle had had a stroke and he’s been dealing with his mom and family stuff and all of his breaks have been taken up by telephone calls to the hospital is uncle is at and then more calls to family members, etc... Then after work, he texted me some more and we had a really great conversation about love and loss and life until we both had to go. Whew... glad I am still a reasonable judge of character (XH aside). On the downside, he may need to go out of town to visit his uncle and he hasn’t said so but I’m assuming this may put our date this weekend in jeopardy. I hope not but I told him that family comes first and to do what he needs to do.

Anyway... I realized I was in way too much of a funk when I didn’t hear from him yesterday that I need to put things into perspective and manage my expectations. He’s been a wonderful, unexpected addition to my life but it is early days so I need to prepare myself that he may not be a permanent one. Thanks for pointing that out KML. Glad you guys always have my back. (((HUGS)))

D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Happy Friday all!! I am pleased to say that I made it to the gym at 5 a.m. three times this week WITHOUT the motivation of my sister being there. She is still out of the country but will be returning next week. Thank gawd!!! A month is a long time to go without seeing my twin.

Haven’t been texting as much with Brook this week. We’ve been in touch every day but no long conversations. He’s pretty caught up with his uncle’s health crisis and dealing with his parents. Today he is taking them to the mainland so they can visit. He texted that he’s not sure how long they will be there but there is a chance he will be returning tomorrow. He said he will stay in touch and hopefully we can still see each other but, if not, he will definitely take a rain check. Sigh... I was really, really looking forward to seeing him. Ah well...

Tomorrow is my day to volunteer at the homeless breakfast so I’m looking forward to that. Buddy also texted me to let me know that he his reffing some games at a nearby high school so I may just go to watch and chat with Buddy in between games. He is beyond busy as well so we haven’t had a chance to meet up since I saw him a couple weeks ago.

Anyway...off to get ready for work. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!! (((HUGS)))

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard