Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
H
H
I agree you should still meet. Some people are not great phone conversationalists. One of my best girlfriends hates the phone but is great in person. Or, maybe he is a bit nervous and even rusty.

Me 41, H 47, M 15 yrs, S11, S13
BD 1: 11/4/14 we work on it; really I pretzel myself
BD 2: 3/31/15 H goes down to "dorm room"
8/15: H back to MBR
10/15: H back in dorm room
1/18: H files, now divorced
P
P
Ahhh G.... as a fellow guy who is bad on the phone... give the dude a chance! Ya never know!

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I’m going to hold on to the date if we can drag it that far, lol. He will be away on business for a few days, so we don’t have to do a whole bunch of chatting.

I’ve got nothing to do next Friday night anyways. Maybe he has more personality in person.

I like to joke, I have sarcasm, and he seems to not be flowing with that vibe.

Me and the last guy had such a good vibe. And we were attracted to each other. It’s a shame he isn’t ready to find balance yet.

There are no guys in my past who haven’t hurt me that are going to come out the woodwork, unfortunately.

I’m just sitting here at a trampoline park while my daughter and her friend jump, scoping out the dads. Who all seem to be married

L
L
G,

Trust your gut and pull the plug if it doesn’t feel right.

I was just talking to a fellow OLDing friend and we laughed about how there is no worse feeling then the drive home after a bad OLD first date.

D
D
Ah yes... but didn’t you just discover that the second date can be much better than the first LH??? laugh

L
L
Touché

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
This dude has zero personality. I probably have too much.

Oh well.

D
D
No such thing as too much! You be you and he will be him. If you aren't feeling it, then don't go, but as I said before, it may be that he just isn't a text/phone guy. If I judged Sparky solely on his text/phone personality, it would've been a big fat no for me from the get, but he has a HUGE personality in person with all the jokes and sarcasm I could possibly want. It just doesn't translate well, particularly through text and it is even worse if he's distracted while he's texting.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Eh, that conversation has died. Haven’t heard from him and I was tired of pulling teeth.

My day began so badly at work today. But I’m going to focus on the highlights of my day.

My coworker told me how great I am at my job, how I’m always positive ( yeah, me!) and I’m just a great person. She also doesn’t understand why I am still single, lol.

Then my male coworker, who is my perfect guy, except he is married, was coming out of a room today as I was going towards it and said “woah, you are looking good! You are losing weight!” And gave me “eyes” and that hand outline of the hour glass figure thing guys do. Now, he knew I was doing keto back when, because we exchanged recipes so he could comment on my weight. And we have that kind of relationship. It felt really good that a person actually noticed, and it is a guy . And one I happen to like. Don’t worry folks, I’m not chasing after men. But he is an excellent example of what I should be looking for.

Ive been committed to the gym. And today was the hardest workout I’ve endured yet. Half of the class was a partner workout which I dreaded. But I got myself a partner and we actually came in second place after the guy team, now she is very tall, so I’ll give her about 60% of the credit. My weakness is the treadmill, but I kill it on the rower and strength exercises. I wanted to vomit, but I can’t believe how good I did amongst these very fit people. I think I’m getting my mojo back in the gym. My feet aren’t even killing me today which is great.

I also hit a new time low, however. I joined tinder. I swore I never would. Lots of guys admittedly looking for an affair partner on there! Some seem half decent. I got over 100 likes in less than 24 hours. Weird. I know what I want in life but right now, I’d probably settle for an activity partner. There is just all this stuff I want to do, and it’s no fun without someone else.

I’m alive. Some days I feel like my soul died. But I know it’s not. It does need a little CPR though.

I’m reading the stories on here about everyone is finding what was meant to find them. These people who are coming into your lives and well, giving you this new part of your life again. Giving you hope for love. And I love reading other successes. Givens me an ounce of hope

K
kml Offline
K
Tinder? Why not try OkCupid or POF instead?
I dunno - ask the younger guys here what ones they're on. Maybe all the young guys just go on tinder now, but when I think of tinder I think of hookups.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard