Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
L
L
G,

Why are you throwing in the towel on OLD already? What happen to the guy who was holding his own?

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
He found out we were on opposite kid weekends and said “ well, that isn’t going to work” and I never heard from him again.

L
L
Seriously?

I wouldn't give up just yet.

T
T
Dont give up, dont ever give up!!

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
D
D
Exactly what J9 says Ginger. You NEVER know what is around the corner for you. Your life can change in an instant. Look at me. I added a person on Facebook on a whim...a name I had seen 100 times before...and everything changed because of a momentary impulse. Time will tell if it is going to be lasting change but regardless, my point is that there is always hope and there are many, many people out there looking for the same thing you are looking for. Do not give up. The universe has a plan for you and it will be revealed when the timing is right. In my case, if I had added Brook as a FB friend at any other time in the last 20 years, he would have been married and we would not have started talking. It had to be now. Maybe there is a Brook out there for you who is in a relationship that is nearing its conclusion but isn’t quite over yet. It’s all about timing. So chin up... you are AWESOME. You deserve someone who is equally as awesome. He’s out there. I know he is. (((HUGS)))

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Well, I guess I didn’t give up. I haven’t been having any luck at all and I swiped a whole ton. Can’t get past the first message, everyone is in Manhattan, everyone still wants kids!

But I didn’t give up and I’ve been chatting with this guy who lives about 30 min away in a row my ex and I moved to when we got married. His profile said he has been single a few years to concentrate on raising his daughters and now that they are teens he is looking for the missing piece to his puzzle. The fact alone that he took the time to raise his daughters instead of jumping into a new R. And he doesn’t have a firm custody schedule as him and his ex are flexible and pretty much have their kids according to who can better accommodate the kids schedules. He said they are 14&16 and into their friends more than anything now. This is all a better ideal situation for me.

He was quick to make a date too. Next Friday. We will see if it actually goes through.

I have zero expectations. I just don’t care.

And dejavu, I hope something as awesome as what has happened to you happens to me. I love what’s going on now for you.

P
P
Originally Posted by Ginger1
Well, I guess I didn’t give up. I haven’t been having any luck at all and I swiped a whole ton. Can’t get past the first message, everyone is in Manhattan, everyone still wants kids!

But I didn’t give up and I’ve been chatting with this guy who lives about 30 min away in a row my ex and I moved to when we got married. His profile said he has been single a few years to concentrate on raising his daughters and now that they are teens he is looking for the missing piece to his puzzle. The fact alone that he took the time to raise his daughters instead of jumping into a new R. And he doesn’t have a firm custody schedule as him and his ex are flexible and pretty much have their kids according to who can better accommodate the kids schedules. He said they are 14&16 and into their friends more than anything now. This is all a better ideal situation for me.

He was quick to make a date too. Next Friday. We will see if it actually goes through.

I have zero expectations. I just don’t care.

And dejavu, I hope something as awesome as what has happened to you happens to me. I love what’s going on now for you.

Like the attitude!

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I tried, I really did! But the conversation is so vanilla and has become like pulling teeth. I ain’t feeling it.

Dear lord: please drop the perfect guy for me in my lap. I promise to listen to your sign and nurture it

Sincerely, the woman who has been through enough already.

D
D
Does this mean you aren’t going out with him on Friday?? Cause I think you should still go and just see what happens in person. And really...you deserve a night out. I will send out that prayer for you. I know it will be answered. Just don’t give up. (((HUGS)))

D
D
Throw the clutch in, G! You JUST started talking to this guy yesterday, right? I mean how far out from vanilla do you want to be after exchanging texts for a day? Maybe he’s trying to be a gentleman. Maybe he had something going on and couldn’t be as fully engaged as you were. Maybe he’s a bad texter/phone person.

I know that I’m by far the minority opinion on this board in saying this but this situation right here is why I DON’T see a problem texting back and forth for a few days, maybe even a week, before setting a date. I wouldn’t go any longer than that, but it seems like you went from throwing in the towel on OLD completely to picking it back up when you matched with this guy and then threw it down again, despite saying you have no expectations, after texting back and forth a bit. I get your sense of urgency, but at this rate, you’ll drive yourself nuts soon.

Like DejaVu, I’m praying for you!

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard