Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
L
L
RVM

I’m really sorry you are here my friend.

Is a PA a dealbreaker for you?

Is the suspected OM married?

Have you spoken to a lawyer?

What are the sleeping arrangements?

R
RVM Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by LH19
RVM

I’m really sorry you are here my friend.

Is a PA a dealbreaker for you?

Is the suspected OM married?

Have you spoken to a lawyer?

What are the sleeping arrangements?

1) Undecided right now. I'm trying to slow things down. I do still love her.

2) Yes. But, I still don't have the conclusive proof it is him.

3) Yes. I live in a no fault state.

4) Both currently sleeping in MBR. There is no physical contact. There were a few nights where I was so pissed off and anxious that I slept in another room.

In our earlier talks, I told her that I would not accept infidelity and lying. I also told her I am not interested in just being married for the kids. But, I had nothing to back it up or made any real boundaries. I know I am being treated like a doormat right now. I have made a ton of NGS mistakes.

Last edited by RVM; 01/10/20 08:50 PM.

M: 40s
W: 40s
2 Ds
PA suspected Summer 2019 / assumed still ongoing
BD: Fall 2019
L
L
Have you thought about asking her to sleep elsewhere?

Yes lay of the boundaries/ultimatums until you are able to back them up with consequences.

If OM is married this could go on for awhile.

Things are going to get way worse before they get better.

Every move you make should be out of strength. Fear will be your biggest enemy. Respect is the key right now.

R
RVM Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by LH19
Have you thought about asking her to sleep elsewhere?

I have thought about that a lot this week. I'm really torn since I don't have the concrete proof of an A. But, only a fool would believe she's not in one.

The other thing I'm toying with regarding the nightly GALing. Do I just tell her I'm going to start coming and going as I please after the kids go to bed? i.e. I'm not going to text her or tell her (if she's not nearby) where or when I'll be back.

2 Ds
L
L
If you want to confirm an A there are ways to find out.

I would set up a schedule for who is watching the kids on what days and just go out on your days off.

R
RVM Offline OP
OP Offline
R
So, I've stepped up my GAL'ing, detaching, 180, and validating game over the past week and I've definitely seen some improvement in my self-esteem. Those first 3 months after the BD, I think I was suffering from something akin to Stockholm Syndrome. It was sheer emotional abuse.

It didn't help that I was previously in full pursuer mode without realizing it. The random texting temp check-ins and then getting deflated with her lack of or her dismissive replies; looking at her to see her facial expressions to attain any good/bad feedback for our R; wanting to always sit near her when we're out somewhere, etc, etc.

This forum has helped so much explain what is going on in my W's head. The tornado of emotions. It really has helped me take the emotions out of her spewing. I loved the recommendation of pretending she has a horn growing out of her forehead for when she starts making some whacko insult.

Just my changes alone, have made her actually start to become the pursuer again and she's toned down the attitude. Just slowing everything down to a crawl again. She actually slightly reminds me of the woman I knew 2 years ago. I don't trust a d@mn thing out of her mouth or her feigned good deeds. But, I do feel more in control of my life again. Baby steps.

Last edited by job; 01/14/20 07:26 PM. Reason: edited language

2 Ds
R
RVM Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Also, is there a thread where people list the ridiculous comments their S spew out?

I know this is all extremely serious stuff we are dealing with, but some of these comments the S say need to be read. At least something we can chuckle over or relate as LBSs.

Last edited by RVM; 01/14/20 06:12 PM.

2 Ds
S
S
Originally Posted by RVM
So, I've stepped up my GAL'ing, detaching, 180, and validating game over the past week and I've definitely seen some improvement in my self-esteem. Those first 3 months after the BD, I think I was suffering from something akin to Stockholm Syndrome. It was sheer emotional abuse.

It didn't help that I was previously in full pursuer mode without realizing it. The random texting temp check-ins and then getting deflated with her lack of or her dismissive replies; looking at her to see her facial expressions to attain any good/bad feedback for our R; wanting to always sit near her when we're out somewhere, etc, etc.

This forum has helped so much explain what is going on in my W's head. The tornado of emotions. It really has helped me take the emotions out of her spewing. I loved the recommendation of pretending she has a horn growing out of her forehead for when she starts making some whacko insult.

Just my changes alone, have made her actually start to become the pursuer again and she's toned down the attitude. Just slowing everything down to a crawl again. She actually slightly reminds me of the woman I knew 2 years ago. I don't trust a d@mn thing out of her mouth or her feigned good deeds. But, I do feel more in control of my life again. Baby steps.

Remember, DB for you....not her. Not to save the marriage. As you commented on in Scott's thread, and you are now aware of, you were watching a caged animal. That's how she felt. She will never step toward you if she feels that way. Now removing all pressure and pursuit, she may still not step toward you, but it is a heck of a lot more likely than if she is feeling like a caged animal.

Keep up the good work!

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
S
S
Originally Posted by RVM
Also, is there a thread where people list the ridiculous comments their S spew out?

I know this is all extremely serious stuff we are dealing with, but some of these comments the S say need to be read. At least something we can chuckle over or relate as LBSs.

Start here, what are some doosies you've heard?

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
R
RVM Offline OP
OP Offline
R
What's the opinion on AOS? Wife texted asking me to put something in the oven for dinner for the family. I get you don't want to be a jerk (and not doing this would be IMO), but is there a thread about how to handle AOS?

2 Ds
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard