Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Coddiwomple is "to travel in a purposeful manner towards a vague destination".

On a snowy day I'm looking out my window and being thoughtful. I know where I am. I have some ideas on where I want to be but only know the vague shape of it. And I don't know how to get there but sitting still doesn't get me there. It only keeps me where I am.

Old thread
https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2876543&page=1

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
job Offline
Andrew,

I am so sorry about your colleague.

That is a very interesting word...coddiwomple. But, I like the definition. You will know your destination soon enough. The vague shapes will become more solid in the next few months and you just might be surprised at what they reveal.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
D
Originally Posted by job
The vague shapes will become more solid in the next few months and you just might be surprised at what they reveal.

Twins?

D
D
Great word! Between you and my daily email word of the day, I'm going to be super smart in no time. wink Totally going to have to use that in a sentence with Sparky sometime this week and see if he's heard it.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by English as she is spoke, by José da Fonseca and Pedro Carolino
Of the hand to mouth, one lose often the soup.
Just a grumble at myself for not being a good person.

I've noticed B sticking her head above the parapet again. She unblocked me recently on Facebook and I saw her profile in the "active users" thingy. Same status as always as far as I can tell. Separated and living in the same town as S. No indication that she has returned back "up north" to her H. I shouldn't be looking. I shouldn't be caring. I certainly shouldn't be considering "what if". But it has crossed my mind.

She unblocked me in October for a couple of days I think, after my trip to Spain presumably to see my pictures and then re-blocked me again. I still think it odd that her H and youngest son have also blocked me and kept me blocked - kind of makes me wonder what conversations were had.

I sort of dread her hitting the "how are you" button and worry about doing that myself. The temptation is certainly there. The reality that that relationship wasn't working hasn't escaped me either. I suppose it's perfectly natural to look back at past relationships with a bit of nostalgia, even if they were short ones. Heck, I even sometimes think back to the two girls I knew back in my university days in the early 80s and also CL who being "family" is still in my circle.

I do have no intention of reaching out to her in any way. If she does contact me then I will of course be friendly but also make it apparent from the outset that I am currently dating someone and decline any invitations to get together for coffee etc. And of course to let S know that I have heard from her and am not getting together with her. This is all of course highly speculative and undoubtedly incorrect.

It is certainly true that I do worry about her. Less certainly these days than at the beginning. It's not for me to do any rescuing. This navigating relationships stuff is hard.

And now back to our regular programming.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
T
T
A - I think it is pretty normal to be blocked by the ex partners and/or family members of your former girlfriend. I have only met the Dr's XH one time I am blocked on his profile. I think everyone is curious in those situations and one can't help but go looking to find out more about your partner's life or former life. I am not a big Facebook user however I am guilty of using FB to look at those individuals. Even when I was dating, trying to find out more information about a potential date. I don't think it says anything about you it's more about them.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
D
D
I think J9 is right, A. I think it is natural to have some level of curiosity. I would think that you would feel that way for sure, because you have a natural curiosity along with a vivid imagination. (That is a good thing!)

When my XH and I first split, I didn't remove or block him from my facebook, but I did unfollow him so that the only way I see anything he posts is if he tags someone else that we are mutual friends with like the girls or a handful of friends. I did it that way because I'm a nice person. Too nice really, but I knew he was moving out of state with his skank and I knew I would be here getting to see grandkids and he wouldn't so I wanted him to still be able to see pics. Even now, every once in a great while, I will get curious and look at his page, but it is usually a quick browse followed by "ugh" then moving on. His new skank doesn't have me blocked and I don't have her blocked, but I don't ever look at hers because I just don't care. She's trash to me and not worth my time. Facebook is the only social media site that I have XH on though. I got Instagram after we split and despite him trying to connect with me there several times, I have not done so. Facebook is enough.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
D
George Gray

I have studied many times
The marble which was chiseled for me—
A boat with a furled sail at rest in a harbor.
In truth it pictures not my destination
But my life.
For love was offered me and I shrank from its disillusionment;
Sorrow knocked at my door, but I was afraid;
Ambition called to me, but I dreaded the chances.
Yet all the while I hungered for meaning in my life.
And now I know that we must lift the sail
And catch the winds of destiny
Wherever they drive the boat.
To put meaning in one’s life may end in madness,
But life without meaning is the torture
Of restlessness and vague desire—
It is a boat longing for the sea and yet afraid.

- Edgar Lee Masters

A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
doodler - from time to time I wonder why we are friends crazy but then you post something like this.

Wow. Just wow. I've never read that before nor any other of Edgar Lee Masters' works. That is amazingly powerful and really describes where I feel that I am in my own voyage so much better than I have ever been able to enunciate myself.

Thank you. I'm going to check my local public library to see if they have a copy of his Spoon River Anthology.

As an aside, I have reclaimed part of my world again. On the pretext that I need a very small bottle of Scotch for a sauce I want to make for Robbie Burns Day I actually went in to the liquor store that my ex-wife manages. The first time in years. Certainly at a time that I knew that she wouldn't be working and I didn't recognize the clerk who served me. They didn't have what I looked for and S25 later told me that he can contribute the 2 shots worth that I need for my sauce. But I have at least partially reclaimed that.

Thanks again doodler and have a fabulous weekend.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D
DnJ Offline
D
Good Morning Andrew

Congratulations on the reclaiming. Walking the isles of that liquor store. Well done.

It’s those little things. Almost funny in a way. S23 left the eggs his Mom and the OM egg man gave him at Christmas. That along with a mixed up grocery list where both D17 and I bought eggs, ended up with three 18 packs in my fridge. 48 eggs!

Wait a minute. 3 x 18 = 54. 54 eggs! What the?!? Just how many eggs can one guy eat.

Ok. Ok. So 54 eggs. And 18 of them farm fresh brown variety. Ah, what the heck. Eggs are eggs. So I used them. Actually pretty tasty truth be told. smile

No highjack intended my friend. Just reclaimed a little of my life as well, and wanted to share with someone who obviously gets it.

Hope today find you well and happy.

DnJ

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard