or CALL 303-444-7004 to get started right away!

A Divorce Busting® Coach can help you save your marriage, even when your spouse wants out.

Save your marriage singlehandedly!
Divorce Busting Telephone Coaching DISCOUNT
SAVE$30 -- 3-SESSIONS for ONLY $360
- valid until September 30

CALL 303-444-7004
or to order online at the Divorce Busting Store
use code SAVE$30

A Message from Michele
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2874937
12/06/19 01:30 PM
12/06/19 01:30 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
DING DING DING! We have a winner in the best lame excuse of the week. Student doesn't show up for class yesterday afternoon at 3:30. Student appears to be fairly conscientious, comes to class, does the work, participates, has missed a couple of classes, but has always reached out when they missed to inquire about make-ups immediately after missing, not weeks or months later...seems responsible. Anyway, misses class at 3:30. At 10:00 last night, sends me an e-mail that says that they "forgot what day it was" and went to tutoring instead of coming to class. Huh? Seriously? I'm supposed to buy that crap?

SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad it is Friday and the last day of classes. I'm holing up in my office today and grading final projects and entering grades in the system. Finals begin Monday and students will be wanting to make stuff up and they will not be able to so whatever grade they see Monday when they log in is what they have. Too bad, so sad...should've done the work on time.

Looking forward to a quiet weekend at home. We really need to try and finish getting unpacked/organized this weekend so that we can finally have our house together. I'm ready! I also need to find my wedding planning notebook so we can see what is left to be done besides cake, food and flowers. I can't believe it is less than a month out. I'm excited and scared sh!tless at the same time.

Me 50, H51
3 adult daughters from XH's first marriage (plus 4 grandkids)
Divorce final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
2 adult daughters from current H's previous relationships
Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2874941
12/06/19 01:54 PM
12/06/19 01:54 PM
D
doodler Offline
doodler  Offline
D
Originally Posted by Dawn70
I'm excited and scared sh!tless at the same time.

If you don't show up for the wedding you can tell Sparky you forgot what day it was.

Re: Turn the Page [Re: doodler] #2874998
12/06/19 06:27 PM
12/06/19 06:27 PM
K
kml Online
kml  Online
K
If you don't show up for the wedding you can tell Sparky you forgot what day it was.

True story:
I was married during my third year of medical school, while I was working 100-120 hours a week in the wards. (That's 12 hour shifts 6 days a week and overnight every third or fourth night - yes, it's stupid. Nowadays we have laws limiting it to 80 hours a week but I think even those are flaunted). Your brain can get pretty addled from that kind of sleep deprivation.

My ex was still in the classroom part of med school so his hours were much less.

Anyway, we were getting married in his home town on the opposite coast and he flew out a couple weeks before the wedding to finalize all the preparations. I was flying out a few days before the wedding.

The night before my departure, I was carefully packing my bags, including my paper ticket for my flight in the morning (yes, kids this was in the Dark Ages when you got an actual paper ticket). Then I notice the date on the ticket - I was supposed to have flown out THAT morning, not the next day! Thankfully the airline cooperated and let me fly on the same flight the next day.

I've often wondered since if that wasn't my subconscious trying to stop me from marrying him lol.

Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2875006
12/06/19 06:59 PM
12/06/19 06:59 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
I have had a few things pop up in the past couple of months that I have stopped and wondered if they were trying to subliminally tell me NOT to marry Sparky. With the issues getting our gas leak fixed and getting propane and a few other things like that and a deluge of vehicle issues lately, I was just sure the universe was sending me a message. I'm calm now and don't think that was it at all. It just is what it is and stressful things happen at the most inopportune times. That's just the way life works, I guess. In the quiet moments, in the down time, when we are not stressing about things and we are able to just sit and relax and talk and watch a movie or go for a drive or whatever, it all feels better.

But, if I miss it, (or anything of importance from here on out for that matter), I'm SO totally using the "I forgot what day it was" excuse because that is the best.

Me 50, H51
Divorce final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2875008
12/06/19 07:12 PM
12/06/19 07:12 PM
Canada
A
AndrewP Online
AndrewP  Online
A
Canada
I have had a few things pop up in the past couple of months that I have stopped and wondered if they were trying to subliminally tell me NOT to marry Sparky.
Naw. It's just like before a race the drivers warm up their tires and check to make sure that all emergency systems are functional before they are needed.

Darned shame that doodler's invitation to the wedding got lost. You "did" send it to:

Doodler
The house with Venetian plaster and bare spots in the lawn
Somewhere In Florida
U S of the A

I'm sure that would have found him laugh

Sad that I won't be there but I do have prior plans to get smooched by a red-head that day.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2875024
12/06/19 08:12 PM
12/06/19 08:12 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
That is the exact address I sent doodler's to, so if it got lost, blame it on the good ole USPS. I'm sure he'll be there, though, because I promised him telepathically recently that he could be the flower girl and he doesn't even have to shave his legs, unless he just really wants to. As far as your not being there, my sister is a redhead but I doubt if she would smooch you, because she is pretty shy with strangers, but you do what you gotta do. We'll muddle through without you and we won't have to serve poutine to accommodate our north of the Yankee border friends.

Me 50, H51
Divorce final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2875294
12/09/19 12:37 PM
12/09/19 12:37 PM
D
doodler Offline
doodler  Offline
D
That is the exact address I sent doodler's to, so if it got lost, blame it on the good ole USPS. I'm sure he'll be there, though, because I promised him telepathically recently that he could be the flower girl and he doesn't even have to shave his legs, unless he just really wants to.

Dawn,

I was about to telepathically confirm that I'd be your flower girl, but before I could send the confirmation, I received a telepathic message from Sparky saying, "Not gonna happen." I was so looking forward to being a flower girl. Darn!

Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2875296
12/09/19 12:46 PM
12/09/19 12:46 PM
D
doodler Offline
doodler  Offline
D

Sparky just telepathically told me that I should clarify what I'd said above. The wedding is going to happen, but Sparky doesn't want a hairy legged doodler to be the flower girl.

Sparky can have a commanding presence when he wants to tighten the screws. I was going to ask him if he'd feel differently if I shaved my legs, but I kind-of get the idea that wouldn't really change anything.

Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2875545
12/10/19 09:35 PM
12/10/19 09:35 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
He's a pretty laid back guy, doodler, so I suspect that rather than communicating telepathically, he was communicating in his sleep. He tends to be a sleep talker and he uses the "f" word a lot in his sleep. For example, last night, in the middle of the night, I sneezed. I was awake at the time, so I was fully aware and he kind of grunted and mumbled "f@#$@# off". LOL I don't think he would care if you shaved your legs or not, but since he's basically left me in charge of all things wedding related, come on. Maybe we can work it where you can swing through Texas and take care of J9's wedding at the same time. LOL

This semester is quickly winding down and the end is sight. I'm so ready for a much-needed break, as I'm sure all my co-workers are as well. It has been one heck of a crazy semester. Yikes....

Speaking of co-workers, mine surprised me today with a luncheon wedding shower. I knew we were having lunch but didn't know it was in my honor. They bought me a cake and gave me cash (always the best gift!) and we had delicious tacos on Tuesday. (I don't think they were Turkish, though, so don't worry trying to figure out their name, doodler.) I was very pleasantly surprised, though I had a slight inkling something was up because in the entire time I have been here, we have never once had a Christmas get together of any kind. So, when someone suggested it, under the guise of "Christmas" and "it's been a weird, rough semester" it came across as attempting to bond, which is nice, but kind of out of character for this group, since everyone kind of does their own thing. It was very kind and I am very appreciative. Many of them said very nice things about how much I do for all of them and how I am always very thoughtful and it made me feel good. Who doesn't like a pat on the back occasionally?????

I just have to make it through the rest of this week and next, then I'm out of here for 2 full weeks. Oh how I am looking forward to that down time....and the rush that will be final wedding prep. smile

Me 50, H51
Divorce final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2875624
12/11/19 12:30 PM
12/11/19 12:30 PM
D
doodler Offline
doodler  Offline
D
He's a pretty laid back guy, doodler, so I suspect that rather than communicating telepathically, he was communicating in his sleep. He tends to be a sleep talker and he uses the "f" word a lot in his sleep. For example, last night, in the middle of the night, I sneezed.

Ah! That explains everything. At first it was foggy and surreal. Then I began wondering if I'd died or if my XW had returned. It's a relief to know that it was just Sparky's dream.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, job, Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004