Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
H
H
Well it is coming up on that time again. BD anniversary date. 12/23 will be two years since BD. It amazes me the amount of anxiety that date can still drum up.

What IS it about the 23rd of the month? I not one, not two, not three, but FOUR significant blow ups/shoot-downs/crises/setbacks concerning my sitch and my WW that happened on the 23rd of the month. Including the initial BD. All within the first 8 months, IIRC. And then the final blow-up after months of work when everything seemed to come crashing down (as I thought) for good? Also on the 23rd, though that was after several months of being lulled into complacency.

Down with the the 23rd!!!! mad

(Glad to hear you are doing well, man, and hope you and the W have a Merry Christmas and many Happy New Years to come!)

Last edited by hoosjim; 12/03/19 10:21 PM.

H53/W51, R-ing 4/'18

"Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires"-Sg.of Sg 2:7

"So oftentimes it happens,that we live our lives in chains, & we never even know we have the key"-Eagles III 1:3
M
M
Hey Steve,
Esther Perel talks a lot about the value of rituals to symbolize closing out a phase of life, like she had a couple rake dead leaves and burn the pile to symbolize getting rid of the dead pages of their R. Maybe a little cheesy but I wonder if you guys could plan something for that day-- even just planning to have a romantic evening together, dinner and a hotel or something else that you could look forward to that could turn the day from a negative into a positive? (Also, does she even remember that the 23rd was BD day?)
I really appreciate your postings both on your own situation and all you have given to others, including your insight on my sitch-- just want to say thank you and I'm thinking of you!

Me (46) H (42)
M:14 T:18, D9 & D11
4/19 - 12/19: series of escalating BDs
9/20 - present: R and piecing
D
DS9 Offline
D
Hey Steve

Glad to hear things are on the up, and hope the 23rd passes but this time filled with newer and better memories for you and your family.

Cheers, DS

Me: early 40's
XW: nearly 50
T: 15
M: 5
BD: Jan 19
S:10 SS: 22 SD: 24
S
SteveLW Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by neffer
It“s about living your life and being aware of that.

Keep walking your road dear brother.

Thanks buddy! Thanks for all you do.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
S
SteveLW Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by AnotherStander
Steve, wow I didn't remember that she BD'd you two days before Christmas, how thoughtful was that? Incredible! Hopefully the anxiety will pass but it's certainly understandable. My grandfather took his life right before Christmas when I was a kid and it was many, many years before I could make it through Christmas again without feeling terrible grief.

In her defense, I initiated BD. I had found her FB messenger messages to OM. I was too impulsive and confronted her. I wish I had just watched and monitored. But yes Christmas was terrible that year, and I am hoping my anxiety over the 23rd is less this year than last.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
S
SteveLW Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by hoosjim
Well it is coming up on that time again. BD anniversary date. 12/23 will be two years since BD. It amazes me the amount of anxiety that date can still drum up.

What IS it about the 23rd of the month? I not one, not two, not three, but FOUR significant blow ups/shoot-downs/crises/setbacks concerning my sitch and my WW that happened on the 23rd of the month. Including the initial BD. All within the first 8 months, IIRC. And then the final blow-up after months of work when everything seemed to come crashing down (as I thought) for good? Also on the 23rd, though that was after several months of being lulled into complacency.

Down with the the 23rd!!!! mad

(Glad to hear you are doing well, man, and hope you and the W have a Merry Christmas and many Happy New Years to come!)

LOL....well I am sure it is just a coincidence. Though your post did make me think of the Jim Carrey movie "The Number 23".

M(53), W(54),D(19)
S
SteveLW Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by may22
Hey Steve,
Esther Perel talks a lot about the value of rituals to symbolize closing out a phase of life, like she had a couple rake dead leaves and burn the pile to symbolize getting rid of the dead pages of their R. Maybe a little cheesy but I wonder if you guys could plan something for that day-- even just planning to have a romantic evening together, dinner and a hotel or something else that you could look forward to that could turn the day from a negative into a positive? (Also, does she even remember that the 23rd was BD day?)
I really appreciate your postings both on your own situation and all you have given to others, including your insight on my sitch-- just want to say thank you and I'm thinking of you!

Interesting idea. Though my W would have no idea that the 23rd is the anniversary of BD. At the time she would have seen it as "Liberation Day". And in her defense, I was a pretty crappy H on that day. My sitch was unique in that I caught the EA fairly early, and confronted, bringing about BD. I think had I not done that then she would have eventually BD'd me. and probably within weeks. In fact, in Dec. of 2016 (a year before BD) she said that she thought we should never have been married. I blew it off at the time, but I now look back and see how that was probably near the beginning of her becoming a WW and a WAW. The vets here and most other experts will tell you that the thought process started a long time prior, and sometimes up to 2 years before BD. I can certainly see the progression for her looking back. Maybe this year I should do something myself to "kill" the day moving forward. Thanks for the suggestion!

M(53), W(54),D(19)
S
SteveLW Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by DS9
Hey Steve

Glad to hear things are on the up, and hope the 23rd passes but this time filled with newer and better memories for you and your family.

Cheers, DS

Thanks Ds9! I love this forum and the support we provide one another!

M(53), W(54),D(19)
R
R
I was morally and ethically opposed to SM to the point where I wouldn't even create an account for that purpose
If you ever change your mind, look me up, I am a friend of MWD.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
N
N
Both you are so valuable. I understand the concept of giving back/paying forward and the two of you do most admirably. R2C I have bought and read several of the books you recommend re the "cat/squirrel" thing and that behavior is second nature to me. I am an expert flirter and seductress; too bad those qualities got lost in my M. I'm also a strong woman who doesn't need a man, but wants my particular one.

Steve: sorry for the threadjack. I agree with you re SM. Over 20 years ago I got caught up in an EA that started online. They are horribly addictive and seductive at the time; 20 years later it just seems stupid. Thankfully I got over it and didn't blow up my marriage although considered it at the time.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard