CALL 303-444-7004 to get started right away!

A Divorce Busting® Coach can help you save your marriage, even when your spouse wants out.

A Divorce Busting Telephone Coach
can help you save your marriage singlehandedly!
CALL 303-444-7004
or see Coaching Packages online at the Divorce Busting Store

A Message from Michele
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2871901
11/12/19 06:44 PM
11/12/19 06:44 PM
Canada
A
AndrewP Offline
AndrewP  Offline
A
Canada
Originally Posted by Dawn70
We live out in the woods. We don't have internet access at our house yet so I get NO cell phone signal at all inside the house.
I looked in to this for one of our plants where we had poor signal because it is a metal building that acted like a big Faraday cage. It turns out that boosters are decently priced but you have to get one that matches the signal you are looking to boost. A booster that works with one carrier might not work with another. Some of our staff also put boosters in their attics if they lived in a valley with poor signal.

There are also maps of where cell towers are located - perhaps a different carrier would work fine there (?).
Originally Posted by Dawn70
sat in the middle of the bed with our now cold dinners and ate ravenously
Yum! Cold poutine laugh

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2871981
11/13/19 09:41 AM
11/13/19 09:41 AM
Massachusetts
B
bttrfly Offline
bttrfly  Offline
B
Massachusetts
Dawn, I'm glad the end of your day was so much better than the rest. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, and that you weren't able to find out about it at home, so you had more privacy to grieve. so hard for me to do that at work.

I'm just amazed that there is a guy who is unpacking side by side along with you. To me, that makes Sparky a keeper every bit as much as the other things you noted. I'm always amazed at the guys here and the guys in real life that I meet who are helping and not giving orders (work faster, your rate of speed is an issue, do more, there aren't enough empty boxes), but that's conditioning from my exh, which is happily slowly fading from my psyche.

Honey I hope the rest of your week calms down. xoxoxo {{{{{{{Dawn}}}}}}}

M 20+ T25+
BD 4/6/15
D Final 12/23/16

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2872302
11/15/19 08:43 PM
11/15/19 08:43 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Whew...…….what a week, but I have made it to the end and am supremely grateful for that. Between friend's death and truck issues and work issues for Sparky and his being sicker than a dog this week, it has just not been an overly pleasant week around here, but it is what it is. I did manage to be pretty productive today and during my lunch break, I even got our wedding invitations and some pretty thank you cards ordered so I can work on those over Thanksgiving break.

This move has been stressful but it is ultimately a good thing. I know I'll feel a gazillion times better when we get all the boxes unpacked and all the stuff put away and all the pictures and knick knacks out, but it is already shaping up nicely and we have some great plans so it is all good.

Happy weekend, DB land!

Me 50, H51
3 adult daughters from XH's first marriage (plus 4 grandkids)
Divorce final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
1 adult daughter and bonus daughter-in-law from current H's first marriage
Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2872477
11/18/19 03:50 PM
11/18/19 03:50 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Back to the grind and thankfully, Sparky was able to go back to it today too, though he didn't feel great. He is going to power through and we are all going to be just fine. I'm strongly considering taking off all next week to get some work done at home and I think I need it. I just need to get this whole unpacking/cleaning/organizing process finished so I can move forward and feel like the move is actually complete.

I just feel like good things are coming my way. I feel like it is going to be a good week. Next week is Thanksgiving break, so at minimum, I will be off 3 days and can get some stuff done around the house. I get to pick up the wedding invitations next Monday, so I'm excited about that. If I can get my house in some semblance of order in the next couple of weeks, I can actually decorate for Christmas and start wrapping some Christmas gifts and really tackle the rest of my wedding planning. We shall see how that all goes...…………………………………….

Me 50, H51
Divorce final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2872492
11/18/19 05:14 PM
11/18/19 05:14 PM
K
kml Offline
kml  Offline
K
Yeah, about the cell phone signal boosters - crazy exBF had to have one for his apartment, the cell phone carrier rented it to him, (actually I think just a refundable deposit was involved), it worked great. You should check with your carrier.

Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2872527
11/18/19 07:16 PM
11/18/19 07:16 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Yes, we plan to check on that. Just hasn’t been super high on the priority list.

Me 50, H51
Divorce final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2873318
11/25/19 08:21 PM
11/25/19 08:21 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Just 2 short hours stand between me and Thanksgiving break and I have never needed down time more than I do right about now. I just need to shut off my mind and destress for a few days and I am so looking forward to it. Wedding plans are in high gear now. Sparky and I went and looked at the church Friday after work and booked it for our wedding. It is a beautiful old church that was built in the 30's. Simple, country, so us. He liked it as much as I did so I was pleased. Saturday, we took an impromptu road trip to a Dallas suburb to drop his mom off for her to spend the week with her sister and sister's family. It is a good time for her to go because I know she gets lonely and likely even more so now that Sparky doesn't see her every day like he did before. We are right next door, but still he doesn't go by there every day. We are supposed to go back and get her Saturday and I told Sparky, I may let his daughter go with him in my place as a surprise for his mom. I think she'd like that.

Late last week, I ordered my granddaughter's flower girl dress and shirts for my grandsons who will be ring bearers. I also ordered plates and napkins. I had originally planned on having JD wear khakis and a navy sport coat, but then I realized he doesn't have a sport coat that fits him right now because he hasn't worn one in years and it would be ridiculous to go buy one because the odds of him wearing one anytime soon for anything other than our wedding is nil, so I nixed that idea and talked to him about how he felt about just wearing jeans and button up shirt. This wedding is casual because we are casual so I'm good with buying him new blue jeans (that he WILL wear again) and a nice button down (that he WILL wear again) and calling it good. In that vein, I ordered him a pretty plaid button down in white, pink and navy (mostly white and navy) this morning to match our wedding colors.

I get to go pick up invitations today and I printed out little papers with directions to the church on them to stuff in the envelopes so I plan to get those out by next Monday. Then, basically, all that will be left will be food and flowers.

Looking forward to Thanksgiving with family. I didn't think I would get to see my girls, but I will actually get to see 2 of the 3 as they are coming to my sister's for our family meal. So excited to see all of them. I feel so very blessed to have such a wonderful family and the holidays are especially joyous times to be with them.

While I enjoy my family, I enjoy my down time as well. Sparky is off work Thursday and Friday, so we are just going to hang out at home, hang some pictures, get some work done around the house and chill. I ordered him a new gaming system for Christmas that was on a pre-Black Friday sale, so it is supposed to arrive Friday and I'm going to let him have it now so he can chill and game some this weekend. He can work on that while I work on getting nutcrackers out and in place. laugh

Life is good, busy, hectic, but that is usually how this time of year is. When we come back from break, we will have one week of class left then final exams, then this semester is officially in the books. Whew.....what a ride it has been! We are on the downhill side now and I'm running fast and furious toward Dec. 31 so I can celebrate my wedding day and just relax and get back to the humdrum reality of life.

Me 50, H51
Divorce final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2873345
11/26/19 01:01 AM
11/26/19 01:01 AM
K
kml Offline
kml  Offline
K
Everything sounds good!

Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2874224
12/02/19 07:00 PM
12/02/19 07:00 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Why does the first day back to work after a break always leave me shaking my head? Seriously...….. This is totally one of those "I love my job, I love my job, I love my job...……." days. I'm so over giving easy assignments and still being blown off, but I guess when they get C's and D's on their final project because they didn't follow simple directions...well, they still won't care, but I'll have done what I said I was going to do. Ugh. Honestly, if I blew off instructions and deadlines the way these students do, I wouldn't still be employed.

Anyway, my break was great and I was so glad to have the down time. We celebrated Thanksgiving with my family Wednesday evening. Thursday we got up and went to town for breakfast and to pick up a few things and then back home to just hang out, chill, relax, watch movies. Friday was spent unpacking boxes, breaking down empty boxes, addressing wedding invitations. Saturday, I worked on organizing while Sparky traveled to Texas to pick up his mom from her week with her sister. Sunday, more hanging out at home relaxing and getting some work done too. It was a nice, quiet time.

This week, the rush is back on with lots to do, but it is the last week of class so at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm already for December to be over so we can get this wedding knocked out. LOL Hopefully at some point, our lives will settle into a pattern of normalcy. I'm not sure who the crazy fool was who thought getting married during the holiday season was a good idea, but I should whip her!

Back to the grind, my friends...no rest for the weary.

Me 50, H51
Divorce final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2874808
12/05/19 06:45 PM
12/05/19 06:45 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Lord love a duck....WHY is this the craziest week of the semester EVERY stinking semester? Somebody needs to come get their children before I am forced to whip every last one of them with a belt. I just can't anymore...……...I like my job. In fact, despite the over the top, can't make this sh!t up craziness that happened in my building this semester that literally made world-wide news thanks to a couple of life imitating art scientists, I love my job still. Is it trying, frustrating, challenging, stressful at times? Of course it is! If there is a job that isn't, please point me in that direction. My class is a requirement for every student who steps on this campus, so our courseloads are heavy and our classrooms are full every semester. I have 4 classes this time and all 4 are maxed at 24. It would be higher but I teach a lab class and 24 is really all a lab class can handle. I work very hard to make science fun and interesting since the majority of the students don't necessarily want to be there, but have to be there. In that vein, nearly 90% of the grade comes from hands-on work done in lab. Even their final, rather than being an exam, is a project that we start in class then they finish and present. Their projects were due to me by Monday so I could look over them before they presented today. Class begins at 3:30. I just got 3 e-mailed to me within the last 10 minutes. Seriously? Students who have skipped half the classes this semester are now suddenly wanting to make a bunch of work up and I'm just not allowing it. I have posted about this before, but I swear, it is a regular occurrence. I don't know why students think they can attend 10 or less of my classes (which meets 15 times total all semester) and then make everything up the last week and still pass. That isn't fair to the majority who show up every week whether they really want to or not. My favorite this week so far: kid has shown up to 8 classes all semester, so half. Emailed me at the beginning of Nov. asking if they could make up what they had missed to that point. Knowing they wouldn't do it, I said sure and sent them the list of all the missing stuff (4 assignments). The week before Thanksgiving, this student brings me 4 completed assignments, 3 of which I didn't take up for a grade. Then Monday, same kid had the audacity to tell me they had submitted their 4 completed assignments and their grade still wasn't updated so I needed to get on that. Well, you little sh!t, first of all, you turned in ONE of the FOUR completed assignments that I sent you. Yes, you turned in 4 total assignments, but 3 of them were not what I asked for and the rest of your class didn't get grades on those so you aren't either. And, no I will not substitute those for something else. Second, like you, I got to be away from campus for Thanksgiving break, so you are right that the grade hasn't updated because I didn't work over holiday break. Third, if you'll look closely, you will see that your grade DID, in fact, "update" because I entered the one valid assignment. It just didn't raise your grade because you are still missing 3 others, plus an additional 3 from other classes you skipped after you sent me the first e-mail asking for make up work to begin with. It is things like this that sadden me for the next generation. I hear all these millennials making jokes about "ok boomer" and that kind of crap (I'm not a boomer, for the record, but Gen X), but I think, I'd rather be a boomer than a millennial because oh my. No drive, no attention to detail, no common sense, no follow-through. I shouldn't have to spoon feed people who are, at least legally, adults. So very frustrating. I'm SOOOOOOOO glad tomorrow is Friday and next week is finals. I need a freaking break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me 50, H51
Divorce final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, job, Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004