Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
W
W
That made me chuckle!

K
Kyh Offline
K
I had to stop by your thread after my laugh tonight. Xw told me her tree was still up and she was going to the store for different ornaments Lol.

H
HaWho Offline OP
OP Offline
H
KYH - fascinating! Is there some store out there which services time warped MLCers so they can buy Christmas ornaments in mid-February? Maybe Easter ornaments in July, Halloween decorations in December, etc.?

Me 41, H 47, M 15 yrs, S11, S13
BD 1: 11/4/14 we work on it; really I pretzel myself
BD 2: 3/31/15 H goes down to "dorm room"
8/15: H back to MBR
10/15: H back in dorm room
1/18: H files, now divorced
B
B
Originally Posted by Kyh
I had to stop by your thread after my laugh tonight. Xw told me her tree was still up and she was going to the store for different ornaments Lol.

Wow.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
K
Kyh Offline
K
Originally Posted by HaWho
KYH - fascinating! Is there some store out there which services time warped MLCers so they can buy Christmas ornaments in mid-February?

Lol there actually was one where I live but it closed. I used to wonder who went there outside of November and December haha.

Last edited by Kyh; 02/15/20 02:59 AM.
K
kml Offline
K
I read about some new trend of people keeping their artificial trees up and decorating them for Valentines Day.

H
HaWho Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Strange times these are. We are 1 week into lockdown here in California. I know it is the calm before the storm. We are probably just behind NYC, I think.

My sister is an operating room nurse and has been for 30 years! She told me she had saved a few masks at the onset of this, in her locker. Today she said a coworker had a mask break, rubber band snapped. They are not changing masks between patients. She said that is the first time ever she has seen this. She says there is so much breaking of rules. Anyway, this nurse told her boss she was uncomfortable as her mask broke and there were no other ones available. My sister said had she known she would have given her a mask she had saved. The nurse without a mask was sent home. Things never before seen in the 30 years my sister has nursed. No fresh masks in elective surgery. If you have something elective scheduled; cancel!

She said anesthesiologists have it the worst. They are incubating patients reusing the same masks. This is in a non CoVid unit. These are elective surgeries. Surgeons decide if the surgeries go on.

As for lockdown, S14 is happy as a clam. S16 is ever antsy. He is über social and hard to tire out. Reading about hospitals in NYC and following Ginger, I have had him read about hospitals there to understand the bigger picture.

Today I walked my dog to the grocery store. He was tied up outside and as I was paying, I looked outside to check on him and who do I see, but ex sitting and petting him. I saw him before he saw me. Then I saw him see me. But the windows were tinted so he didn’t know I saw him see me. I paid and took my time bagging, stalling. I think he was waiting to see if the boys were there.

I had zero interest in talking to him. No nervousness but no interest either. He is just a person I used to know. It is hard to believe we once stood at an altar and pledged ourselves to each other. I stalled more as he still was sitting there. Ugh! Move on, would you! I felt nothing and the only thing I would want to say to him is, why did you have to make your mistress the step mom to my kids? So many women, why repeat the pattern of your dad?

I checked my phone and stalled even more. As I walked out of the store he walked in; relief. Two ships passing.

Total and utter indifference outside of him making his mistress my kids’ stepmom.

Me 41, H 47, M 15 yrs, S11, S13
BD 1: 11/4/14 we work on it; really I pretzel myself
BD 2: 3/31/15 H goes down to "dorm room"
8/15: H back to MBR
10/15: H back in dorm room
1/18: H files, now divorced
B
B
hugs
xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
job Offline
Sending warm hugs to you and your family. Keeping all of the medical staff in my thoughts and prayers.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
O
O
It's always such a treat to see that you have been on. I hope things are going well with the new relationship.

I'm quite thrilled that mine lives almost an hour away. Very few sightings and less stalking than if he lived nearby. Did you feel the need to give the dog a bath? I considered that when mine was petting the cat for two hours (but the cat really hates baths).

These are hard times for sure. Lots of memories to the fore. Lots of worries for ourselves and those in our lives and communities. But I am trying to find the good (time with my kids being the biggest), take care of those I love, and help out as much as I can. This too shall pass. We don't know when, but we know it will.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard