Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
R
R
Originally Posted by kbuenob
What would you consider protecting behavior?
Taking actions against threats.

For example, I am walking down the street with my lady after enjoying an evening at the night club. 6 drunk guys acting stupid are headed our way. I lead her across the street as soon as I see them. We take a little longer way to the car to make sure she is safe.

Walking through crowds, I guide her behind me and "make a path" for her to walk. My job is to make her FEEL safe.

Google this:
Why Do Women Want to Feel Protected By Their Man

When a woman interacts with a guy and rejects him because he is nervous, insecure and self-doubting around her, it represents a challenge to him to fix his emotional issues and become stronger, or face the prospect of being alone for longer.

a woman’s instinctive desire to feel protected by a man hasn’t gone away. It’s a hard-wired instinct and it is difficult to ignore for even the most independent of modern women.

She also said that she's been in "blur" for the last 5 years and she can see very clearly now and knows that she doesn't want to be with me anymore. She said we have nothing in common and that I'm not sweet/romantic enough (which is something she complained about in the past). She said we don't view the world the same.
This is the biggest red flag. You have a lot of work to do.

DBing is relationship triage. Your past behavior got you here. You have to completely reinvent yourself. This is the biggest test of your life. Pass the test.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
D
D
Originally Posted by Ready2Change
You have to completely reinvent yourself. This is the biggest test of your life. Pass the test.

Such an encouraging three sentences, R2C. Thank you for this. I'll repeat it in my head over and over.
One for the Quotes thread methinks...

Me - 36, W - 32
No kids
T - 8 yr, M - 3 yr
Discovery - 14 May 2019
S - 25 May 2019 & D bomb - 29 July 2019
D & House sale final - Feb 2020
R
R
Originally Posted by DaB35
Such an encouraging three sentences, R2C. Thank you for this. I'll repeat it in my head over and over.
One for the Quotes thread methinks...
I am sure it is in there someplace.

Dig around for "Sick twisted test of your manhood"...The rest of the quote is priceless.

Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
K
kbuenob Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by unchien
My point is, don't read too much into any single thing. Consistency is the only thing that carries weight.

thank you, unchien

K
kbuenob Offline OP
OP Offline
K
For example, I am walking down the street with my lady after enjoying an evening at the night club. 6 drunk guys acting stupid are headed our way. I lead her across the street as soon as I see them. We take a little longer way to the car to make sure she is safe.

I can definitely do this

You have to completely reinvent yourself. This is the biggest test of your life. Pass the test.

Truly is and has been so far. I am strong, I know I can do this for myself. I have to.

O
O
Kbuenob,

I just wanted to drop in and say that I spit out my drink in laughter the other day when I read the thread title. Definitely caught my attention!

I like your attitude, keep it up!

H 34
W 29
BD 3/12/18
Divorce Busted Spring 19

It is not things that bother us, but the stories we tell ourselves about things.
K
kbuenob Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by ovrrnbw
Kbuenob,

I just wanted to drop in and say that I spit out my drink in laughter the other day when I read the thread title. Definitely caught my attention!

I like your attitude, keep it up!

Wasn't sure if the title was too much, but then I said screw it and posted it anyway lol

K
kbuenob Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Yeah so I'm starting to think sex the other night for her was just a physical need. Nothing really changed much- it's been business as usual. that's what I was counting on though. I'm actually proud of myself for not pursuing any more affection from her.

BUT NOW I HAVE A QUESTION

Since she expressed her need for sex, can I not express the same?

If I wanted to be intimate with her, would it be wrong of me to make advances like she did to me? I know to play it cool if i get rejected, but would that be pursuing if i just wanted to have sex?

R
R
Wasn't sure if the title was too much, but then I said screw it and posted it anyway lol
Good job being decisive!

Amor Fati
R
R
BUT NOW I HAVE A QUESTION

Since she expressed her need for sex, can I not express the same?
Right now, I highly recommend against it. Resist your urge to go to the cat to pet it.

A better tactic is to turn her on. Be catnip.

I think it is important to determine what you are dealing with. This is a good read:
https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2653328#Post2653328

Amor Fati
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard