Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
44tries2 #2866697 09/28/19 05:51 PM
R
R
Wow, do multi-state road trips and national parks cause BDs?

I was suppose to go on a 10 day trip to Hawaii and visit the Volcano National Park but got hit with the BD couple weeks before. Sometimes I wonder if it is planned.

JO77 my XW had already contacted a lawyer and was going to proceed with divorce so I decided not to go on the trip and use that time to get all my affairs in order and contact my own lawyer. Your situation seems different than mine though. I feel like if possible it would be a great time to spend with just you and your children and give H the space he needs.

Last edited by rooskers; 09/28/19 05:57 PM.

1st BD December 26, 2008
PA admitted to by XW December 29, 2008

2nd BD May 23, 2019
Daughter confirms EA
Divorce Finalized July 18, 2019
JO77 #2868740 10/18/19 01:31 PM
J
JO77 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I haven’t posted in a while. The vacation went as well as could be expected. We were with the kids 24/7 so no relationship/divorce talk until the last day when we were alone at breakfast. He brought it up, basically said everything he did the day he dropped the bomb. Isn’t happy, we would be better apart, the kids will be fine. I camly stated that is not what I wanted but he had to make his own choice how to move forward. It’s truly like he’s wanting me to tell him to leave so he has an out without the blame of leaving. I should mention on the trip he also brought up us moving back to his hometown in KY, wanted my opinion if I would move back and talked about us all going to his moms for Thanksgiving. Since that breakfast last Friday he has not brought up anything. He is short and clipped in his conversation with me. I’ve been staying busy not pursuing and not letting his grumpy behavior get to me. It’s as if he’s trying very hard to engage me in a fight through passive aggressive behavior. The more I don’t let his attitude effect me the more frustrated he gets.

My question is what do I do at this point? I don’t bring up relationship talks and trying to stay busy when he is home. Is it just a waiting game at this point?

Jo77

JO77 #2868749 10/18/19 01:53 PM
S
S
J077, we have a saying around here. The best thing to do in most cases is nothing. IT is difficult. Every fiber of our being screams to take action. Cadet likes to say (I think it is Cadet) that doing nothing IS doing something.

So yes it is waiting. game. Those that do best are those that can remain patient. Remember, he is going through his own stuff and is dealing with his own issues. So through your love for him be patient and let him work through and sort through all of that.

I know it is hard, as I've been there. Waiting is the hardest thing to do.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
JO77 #2868800 10/18/19 07:10 PM
R
R
Originally Posted by JO77
The more I don’t let his attitude effect me the more frustrated he gets.
Perfect. Keep this up. Let him be frustrated.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
JO77 #2868812 10/18/19 09:19 PM
J
JO77 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I know I’m not supposed to, but I just snooped through his computer😕 He has set up a PO Box that has his credit card bill and our rental property info going to. In his search history I found searches for divorces in Al, apartment listings, should I hide money in a divorce, and divorce before big bonus, etc. I know I’m not supposed to snoop, the open computer just got the best of me since he’s giving me the silent treatment. A little side about some of his shady searches as that is not the man I’ve known for 20 years. But not surprised as he has turned I to a jerk the last two months and rewritten our history.

There are moments when I think we can ride this out and work on rebuilding our marriage down the road. The next thought is he will walk out next week.

I hate all this uncertainty! 😞

Tori

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard