CALL 303-444-7004 to get started right away!

A Divorce Busting® Coach can help you save your marriage, even when your spouse wants out.

A Divorce Busting Telephone Coach
can help you save your marriage singlehandedly!
CALL 303-444-7004
or see Coaching Packages online at the Divorce Busting Store

A Message from Michele
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Re: A Great Life #3 [Re: DnJ] #2870451
11/02/19 03:52 AM
11/02/19 03:52 AM
D
DnJ Offline OP
DnJ  Offline OP
D
A few days ago, whilst I was sitting in the living room, D17 came rushing into the room. I stopped what I was doing and focused on her. It was obvious she had something on her mind.

She told me she had just talked to Mom.

A week or so ago XW was texting D17 quite a bit about going grad dress shopping. I asked about Momís texts, and was informed that she stopped those a few days ago. So I confirmed, you mean a phone call. Yep, an actual call. And I clarified that it was Mom who called not the other way around. Also to note, D17 and Mom havenít visited in 4 months.

D17 told me the conversation was short, 1 or 2 minutes.

Coming up in two weeks in the first graduation meeting for the parents. XW and I have been through 3 of these already, and D17ís will be our last.

XW had some small talk and then asked D17 if she thought the three of us should get together to discuss graduation before this upcoming meeting.

D17, being caught off guard, told her she didnít think we needed too. There may have been something about checking with Dad/DnJ. A little unsure if D17 suggested she would talk with me or if XW suggested D17 should check with me.

At any rate, D17 stood there and asked what I thought. I asked her what she thought about a possible meeting. She figures that Mom hasnít been involved at all, and she sees no need for a meeting with her. Mom has no say in what we are going to do. I did agree, and also stated it is interesting that Mom wants to discuss graduation - discussion that includes me. She hasnít spoken to me for 18 months. I did ask and confirm that D17 still does not want Mom involved in her dress shopping or sitting with us at graduation. I told her that is fine, itís your day. And that graduation is a still months away and things can change.

I did say that I thought Mom had already volunteered for a bunch of the safe grad jobs. D17 confirmed that yes Mom did go into the school and picked a bunch of the tasks that she wanted to do. This upcoming meeting is when the parents are supposed to sort that out. Last yearís parents and students didnít really care one way or the other about grad or school; it was a weird class. However, D17ís class and parents do care, so I figure there is going to be something happening regarding taking various choice tasks.

Another thing I found out from D17. Last year XW totally took over the decorating and demanded it be done a different way. No one challenged her and she got her way. Again, this year... who knows. Last year was OMís sonís grad, for her own kid she may just fade away again - like she did for S18ís.

- - - -

Iíve told you all how I was tested with my surprise face to face meetings with OM at the post office. Well fate it seems does like to test me. By the way - I passed.

The very next day, after the phone call from XW to D17. I was on my way home from work and stopped in at the grocery store to get some ice cream and see if D17 wanted to join Grandma and me for supper - Grandma offered to take us out to the restaurant.

It was 5 minutes to closing time and I came in to the greetings of the staff and D17ís coworkers. My daughter was not at the front, so I went down the aisle and towards the freezer sections to get my ice cream. The only other shopper in the store was XW. She was looking in the milk section and looked right at me as I walked by to the ice cream area.

I found the ice cream, opened the door of the freezer, and was getting it out. XW came right over beside me. Right next to me! Like two feet away! She was just standing there, looking in the freezer and then at me. So I took a good look at her.

She had on tight skinny jeans, and cut off jacket; a rather teenager look about her. She is still crazy skinny. She had no glasses on, so perhaps she was wearing contacts, although that was a luxury she wasnít going to partake in according to her BD prognostications. And OMG her face looked so old. Dark black/grey bags under her eyes, and wrinkles. My goodness two years has really taken itís toll on her.

Anyhow, she was looking at me and didnít say anything. I wasnít mad or sad or anything really. Just kind of pity I suppose, a sorrow for someoneís troubled life.

I went to the check out and D17 was there to bag the groceries. The clerk, a well known friendly person, ask how I was doing. And I answered truthful - awesome. She asked what I was up to and so on. I told her I was here to see if D17 wanted to join me and Grandma for supper. D17 said yeah, that would be great. More conversation and a few jokes.

Thatís when I realized XW was right there beside me in line. She placed her one item, which had nothing to do with the milk or ice cream areas of the store, in with my items. Huh? Yep, right beside my groceries. There wasnít even room to put that little triangular stick they provide to separate customers groceries. smile

Putting the strangeness of this on hold, I listened as the clerk asked my customer number, something XW and I shared for 25 years, and I got in the settlement. Everyone in the store knows it, and this clerk has worked there for a long time, but she asked. So I told her - 1234 (thatís not the actual number btw, you know anonymous and all).

That is when XW did a double take and realized it was me - my voice and the customer number. She looked and said - oh my itís you. I didnít recognized you with glasses.

I told her that yes glasses do change my appearance a bit. Inside shaking my head, for I was still in uniform. Blaze orange jacket, company logo emblazoned upon it, reflective jeans, work boots, etc... I am the only person in the town that works for this employer. But hey, glasses converted Superman into Clark Kent. Lol.

D17, clerk, and I continued our conversation of the upcoming, and minutes away spontaneous supper arrangement. D17 was zipping home, changing, hoping in my car, we would pick up Grandma, have a meal out, and then all going back home for a movie night. D17 was excited and XW look a bit sad.

Considering that 22 hours before XW was asking about the three of us sitting down together and talking, this was a strange coincidence, in a line of strange coincidences.

When leaving I picked up my groceries and said goodbye to XW.

Grandma, D17, and I did have a great supper and movie. I actually talked Grandma into a horror movie for Halloween. Well sort of a horror movie - The Nun. However, Grandma is not in a hurry for another scary movie.

Hmmmm. Fate. Testing. Coincidence. Hmmmm.

No expectations. Iíll see what the grad meeting brings.

DnJ

Oct 8/17 - BD
Me49 W46 S20 S19 S16 D15
M26 T29
w/OM, Left Kids
Dec 9/17 - Legal Separation
Oct 3/18 - W Files
Apr 6/19 - Divorced
Current
Me52 XW48 S22 S21 S19 D17

I may give up, but not today.
Re: A Great Life #3 [Re: DnJ] #2870471
11/02/19 01:17 PM
11/02/19 01:17 PM
Canada
A
AndrewP Offline
AndrewP  Offline
A
Canada
Originally Posted by DnJ
But hey, glasses converted Superman into Clark Kent. Lol.
Also the fact that Superman wears his underwear outside his trousers could perhaps be confusing. I expect that your appearance has changed in the past two years given the weight loss and the finding of yourself that you have done.

I originally had a thought of "well - after a few years of not finding the grass greener they can remember that they had children". That may be part of it. You though, I think have one of the few cases here DnJ where there may well be some actual mental illness at play. No glasses, no contacts, living inside her own head, it's not too much of a shock that she didn't notice you. We could speculate that she placed her item on the belt next to your's because subconsciously that was indeed the way that things worked before. People are creatures of habit.

It's pretty clear that life hasn't been kind to J. Sadly there is really nothing you can do about that other than to continue to be there for the kids you share.

I am glad that you had that experience. It's affirmed to you that you could be in the same room with her and do your own thing. I honestly don't know if I could do that with my ex-wife and certainly not with that same level of poise.

It reminds me of this old old story
Originally Posted by unknown author
I Sent You a Rowboat
A very religious man was once caught in rising floodwaters. He climbed onto the roof of his house and trusted God to rescue him. A neighbour came by in a canoe and said, ďThe waters will soon be above your house. Hop in and weíll paddle to safety.Ē

ďNo thanksĒ replied the religious man. ďIíve prayed to God and Iím sure he will save meĒ

A short time later the police came by in a boat. ďThe waters will soon be above your house. Hop in and weíll take you to safety.Ē

ďNo thanksĒ replied the religious man. ďIíve prayed to God and Iím sure he will save meĒ

A little time later a rescue services helicopter hovered overhead, let down a rope ladder and said. ďThe waters will soon be above your house. Climb the ladder and weíll fly you to safety.Ē

All this time the floodwaters continued to rise, until soon they reached above the roof and the religious man drowned. When he arrived at heaven he demanded an audience with God. Ushered into Godís throne room he said, ďLord, why am I here in heaven? I prayed for you to save me, I trusted you to save me from that flood.Ē

ďYes you did my childĒ replied the Lord. ďAnd I sent you a canoe, a boat and a helicopter. But you never got in.Ē

((DnJ))

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
Re: A Great Life #3 [Re: DnJ] #2870480
11/02/19 03:22 PM
11/02/19 03:22 PM
D
DnJ Offline OP
DnJ  Offline OP
D
Good Morning Andrew

It is at times obvious that J is living in her past. Shuffling about, not in the here and now.

And I only needed glasses recently. Sheís never known me to have to wear them. Not that glasses are a big deal. I think itís like you said, DnJ v2.0 is similar and yet different.

I do like that story. I prayed to God for my salvation. I begged Him for strength, wisdom, help, etc...

I eventually humbled myself enough to realize what I wanted may not be what God wants. He does answer all prayers, and sometimes the answer is no.

Further along I realized God, or fate if you want, did answer and provided. A person could be someone elseís row boat or rope ladder from their flood and drowning. The helpful answer to your prayers. I listen to the wise advice here, got in the row boat, and left my house behind.

One needs to see the answer to their prayer for salvation and strength; and it most likely wonít be what theyíre expecting it to look like. Letting go and climbing in - itís in that where oneís strength and faith is found.

For what itís worth for those reading along. The flood waters do recede.

Youíve saved yourself, and once the flood has passed you can repair and rebuild that house you stood upon. Itís funny, the foundation, my foundation is solid and strong; and there is far less damage than I imagined there would be when everything was underwater.

The flood waters do recede. Choose to get in a passing row boat.

This is all pretty counterintuitive, I know.

Have faith.

Thanks for the story my friend.

DnJ

Last edited by DnJ; 11/02/19 03:22 PM.

Oct 8/17 - BD
Me49 W46 S20 S19 S16 D15
M26 T29
w/OM, Left Kids
Oct 3/18 - W Files
Apr 6/19 - Divorced
Current

Re: A Great Life #3 [Re: DnJ] #2871969
11/13/19 03:30 AM
11/13/19 03:30 AM
D
DnJ Offline OP
DnJ  Offline OP
D
Hello Friends

Had a very good weekend.

Went to a town a couple hours away to visit relative (we all call her Grandma) at her assisted living complex. She is 96 years old.

All my kids and the two GFs came along. This was number two piano concert for us. This time around the kids were even more excited, practiced, and prepared.

So seven of us descended upon my uncle and his Mom, and about 30 more residents / friends of herís. We played music for two hours. S21ís GF has a music degree from University and can she ever sing. S21 accompanied her for three songs which were amazing.

My kids and I belted out a variety of songs, to much enjoyment. The ladies had prepared a bunch of snacks and treats, which everyone enjoyed.

It was such a good time. I made arrangements for a Christmas concert to held there in about a month. Also a concert at Dadís care home, and my house. The kids are all eager for that; itís been a while since we had our house full of guests and music. Iíve had people asking if we are putting on a concert this year; seems our little recitals are garnering much attention.

The DnJ Christmas concerts are a lot of fun. Hours of music and singing, snacks and friendship. Previous years have had around 40 guests, and this year looks to be the same number.

After the concert for Uncle and ďGrandmaĒ, S22 and GF went to her parents, and the other kids came home. Monday we all went to Remembrance Day services, also picked up Grandma, where D17ís school choir was singing. After D17 and GF talked about graduation dresses, Christmas gift, etc... while S21 and I put the snow blower on to the tractor. Man oh man, it was cold outside.

Friday night, the start of my weekend, D17 and I went to the local hockey game. A 12 year old daughter from a gal from work was playing in my town. We watched her game and the family came back for a visit. The gal is my clerk, and her husband and three kids (D16,D12, S6) came over.

They loved the house and the kids had a blast on the zip line. Was quite the talk today around the coffee table. She and her family are invited for Christmas concert.

Tomorrow is D17ís parent graduation meeting. It will be interesting to see what XW does. I am figuring she will attend. She was a real busybody with OMís Sonís grad last year, and was barely involved in sonís the year before, weíll see what she is like this year.

Over the weekend I found out that the boys havenít heard from Mom for quite some time; no contact for over a month. S18ís birthday is in two weeks, and no word from Mom. My birthday is this Sunday, one week before S18. Grandma is having a super and a party, and all the kids and GFs are attending - thatís quite something with all the busy schedules.

Well thatís about all thatís going on here.

Hope you all are having a great day.

DnJ

Oct 8/17 - BD
Me49 W46 S20 S19 S16 D15
M26 T29
w/OM, Left Kids
Oct 3/18 - W Files
Apr 6/19 - Divorced
Current

Re: A Great Life #3 [Re: DnJ] #2872107
11/14/19 12:09 AM
11/14/19 12:09 AM
G
Gerda Offline
Gerda  Offline
G
This evening sounds too good to be true, DnJ. I am coming to the next one, it sounds like an evening that could heal any hurting heart. I love how you give so much nurturing to all the older ladies! That is one of your most beautiful traits. The music thing is just so amazingly wonderful for every single soul involved. The fact that W would leave all this behind, especially for the Evil Egg Man in the Weird Living Room Jungle, is just such clear evidence that she is completely and totally lost. Sometimes I remember your story when I am feeling low and it is such a strong reminder that this is not about us. Who could imagine anyone who could possibly want to leave the life you have created for your family?! It's about them, and there is nothing we can do except let them go and seek light, love and joy in the rest of our lives. You have built your house on rock and look how this foundation is holding all of you up through the storm!

Gerda still likes her dark descents at times but she loves to read about your light.

Gerda refers to herself in the third person much like Bob Dole.

Last edited by Gerda; 11/14/19 12:12 AM.

I believe I will see the bounty of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord with courage.
Be stouthearted, and wait for the Lord.
Re: A Great Life #3 [Re: DnJ] #2872121
11/14/19 02:36 AM
11/14/19 02:36 AM
D
DnJ Offline OP
DnJ  Offline OP
D
DnJ likes Gerdaís third person accounting of Gerdaís feelings, thoughts, beliefs, and life.

DnJ laughed at the Evil Egg Man and the Weird Living Room Jungle comments.

DnJ sounds like Tarzan. Lol.

Thanks Gerda, the folks do like our time and music. I know itís appreciated, and I appreciate them. And the snacks. Lol.

Iím really getting back to me. Iím a pretty outgoing guy and master of ceremonies/ facilitator comes easily - again. It is actual better than before. Getting back up after being knocked down, one gets stronger and more confident, and the whole letting go of fear helps a lot.

I do agree my situation, XWís behaviours, sure highlight how this MLC stuff is all about them. Us LBS are barely a blip on their mixed up radar.

Anyhow, D17 and I just got back from the parent grad meeting at the school.

I took off an hour early from work to ensure I got home in time and would not be late. And as fate would have it - D17ís grad ring showed up in the mail and I was in town so I could sign for it and pick it up. D17 was very happy and excited. She wore the ring to the meeting and was showing her friends.

D17 was working until 6:00pm, so she found out about the ring when she got home. The meeting started at 6:30pm, so she had some quick super and told me Mom wasnít coming to the meeting. D17 said Mom emailed her (or texted canít remember which) and said she got a last minute appointment in city for that time. Of course I asked ďAn appointment for what?Ē.

D17 said she doesnít know Mom didnít include any information. She also reminded me that Mom has had last minute appointments for the last two piano recitals, which were in the city, and missed a few other things as well. Yep, XW hasnít been to anything to do with her daughter for quite some time.

D17 figures Mom is basically lying, there is no appointment, and she just doesnít want to show up for whatever reason(s). It kind of follows with XWís weirdly out of character offer for a meeting between the three of us. Had that happened she would not have needed to show up tonight. Since we three didnít have that meeting, XW has to possibly fabricate something.

Oh well, it doesnít matter. D17 was fine and is fine with it. She is not too concerned with her Momís lack of effort, actually she not concerned at all.

We did find out that Mom had already volunteered for one task, decorating the hall. This was included in the email to D17. When asking for other volunteers for that task, the organizer didnít say XWís name - just that one Mom already volunteered. Two more people signed up and have no idea whom they are about to be working with. smile

D17 and I had a laugh at me saying I should volunteer for that, we both figure the organizer (school teacher) would have declined my offer. Lol.

D17 and I also had a discussion about humour. Especially darker humour. D17 choked on her quick supper burrito as we were getting out the door when I said ďsince Mom canít make it maybe she sent OM in her placeĒ. Hahaha. She laughed and laughed. I said if she did Iím sitting right next to him and give him a big hug.

Apparently her classmates and her also make funny comments about various aspects of this situation. I said yeah when one lives this and though this, it becomes kind of funny what happens and what people do, like Mom and OM.

We got home around 8:00pm and it was dark. I am wondering what would be open at this hour that she had to have a last minute appointment for. Oh gosh, Iíve being trying to get a booking forever and they had a cancelation - yeah... not!

So childlike. Holding her hands over her eyes thinking we canít see her. I guess itís worked before, so she continues to use the same old scheme. There is no point in calling her on it; we know this routine and this way we donít need to learn a new one.

Iím glad you are still reading along, and enjoy it - enjoying the light as you say.

Thank you again dear Gerda.

DnJ

Oct 8/17 - BD
Me49 W46 S20 S19 S16 D15
M26 T29
w/OM, Left Kids
Oct 3/18 - W Files
Apr 6/19 - Divorced
Current

Re: A Great Life #3 [Re: DnJ] #2872482
11/18/19 04:22 PM
11/18/19 04:22 PM
D
DnJ Offline OP
DnJ  Offline OP
D
Good Morning

I was starting to respond to a few posters and realized I was getting a bit far from their specific questions. I decided to continue my thoughts and post them here. Probably something to do with my 52nd birthday yesterday and being surrounded by my parents and kids. Lots of love and happiness in my life.

- - - -

I have four kids. Three sons ages 22, 21, & 18 and a daughter who is 17. The few years before bomb drop were strange for them and me. None of us realized what Mom was up to, or going through. Looking back we can all see signs of her confusion and unhappiness.

Confusion is one of the hallmarks of a midlife crisis. It is prevalent and often overlook or missed during the lead up years to bomb drop, that moment when they rip their life apart, their moment of truth (in their eyes).

To the LBS our spouseís MLC appears to have started at BD. However, it started much earlier, years earlier. A traumatic experience from someone in a position of authority from when the MLCer was a child is the seed. This young person does not have the coping skills to accept nor understand what happened. This is exacerbated further due to the childís egocentric nature and they end up blaming themselves, deepened their pain and shame. They end up in a state of denial, unable to face or reconcile what happened. The event, the shame, the emotions, the pain, are all pushed deep inside and forgotten. Buried alive emotions and pain will surface later; it does not remain silent.

Years later a trigger event happens, something drastic or life altering. The brith of child, a death of a family member, kids growing up and moving out, etc... These events usually happen around 45-55, mid life. This is also when one is starting to look back upon their life and their accomplishments and regrets, as the reality of mortality and the sands of time starts to take on a significant and personal meaning.

This stirs up that old forgotten and never accepted trauma and pain for the MLCer. We all experience this normal life transition, however for them the past hurt is uncovered and everything starts to fall apart for them. Serious confusion sets in as they struggle to regain control. They will compartmentalize their lives, the current one of a middle aged adult, and the painful suffering of their younger self. This is the person in crisis - something we can thankfully barely imagine.

There is no quick way out of a crisis. The suffer has to go through it. They have to grow up from when they were emotional stunted from that long ago authority figure. Face their pain, and realize that they are not to blame for whatever happened.

To see and watch someone suffer through this. To see beneath their false happy veneer and mask. You realize you cannot fix them, for you did not break them. They have to fix themselves, and sadly some never do. This is serious stuff.

The left behind spouseís journey is serious as well. We are hurt, betrayed, shattered, stunned, and completely dumbfound by what has gone down. Most of us were happily going along, completely unaware of the approaching storm that was growing within our loving spouse.

When that storm hits, when our spouse drops the bomb, it signals a shift the MLCerís perceptions and reality. Theyíve already check out, having a few year head start on us. Marriage, kids, us, bills, mortgage, house, cars, pets, etc. could be cast aside in their running from their pain and onto their new fantasied wonderful life.

Remember the MLCer is emotionally living around the time their were stunted. As a young child, they were not married, didnít know you, and didnít have children. They are aware of you and their ďolderĒ life but not currently emotional invested into it.

Some MLCer swing back and forth between their perceptions - the boomerangs. Others vanish, latching onto their new lives and discarding their old and all it contained. And the clingers seem more attached, unable to let go and unable to grab on.

The LBS does not really affect the MLCer, this is about them - not you. Nothing you do will affect them, and everything you do will affect them. The LBS can choose better over bitter, can lovingly let go, give space and time to their suffering spouse, move forward, and live and love their own life.

This focus on you and your kids approach is very much for you, and gives the best chance for your spouse to work through their crisis and back to themselves and maybe, just maybe, back to you.

The MLCer is on their own path, and the LBS has unwillingly been force onto their own path. There is much growth that can happen along the path. It is an incredible opportunity to learn and grow, with huge benefits and blessings that can be gained, for both the LBS and the MLCer.

We, the LBS, are rational and stable. We do grown and learn. We do survive and will thrive. Do the inner work, listen to the hard earned wisdom of those who have gone before you.

This is a marathon and not a sprint. The gift of time has been bestowed upon you, use it wisely, use it well.

DnJ

Oct 8/17 - BD
Me49 W46 S20 S19 S16 D15
M26 T29
w/OM, Left Kids
Oct 3/18 - W Files
Apr 6/19 - Divorced
Current

Re: A Great Life #3 [Re: DnJ] #2872494
11/18/19 05:17 PM
11/18/19 05:17 PM
Canada
A
AndrewP Offline
AndrewP  Offline
A
Canada
Happy belated birthday young fella!

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
Re: A Great Life #3 [Re: DnJ] #2872532
11/18/19 07:38 PM
11/18/19 07:38 PM
G
Gerda Offline
Gerda  Offline
G
I can't believe I missed your birthday; had in my mind that it was today! I even tried to think of a way to send you a present IRL (I had one idea but need at least one more clue).

I haven't read your posts here yet but I did go to Staples today to print out your letters to give my kids -- your gift to them on YOUR birthday. But that is the kind of man you are. So glad you were born 52 years ago.

Here's a present of sorts.

Sleep Cycle
BY DEAN YOUNG
We cannot push ourselves away
from this quiet, even in our sprees
of inattention, the departing passengers
stubbing out their smokes, arrivees in tears,
lots of cellophane, the rumpus over parking.

Wind scrapes leaves across the road,
first flashes of snow, it is dark then
itís really dark. Forgive me for not
writing for so long, Iíve been
right beside you, one of the vaguer
divinities blocking your way with its need
to confess all its botched attempts at love,
what started the whole mess. I love this place,
its absurd use of balustrade, the chairs
that dig into the spine, motorcyclists
propping their drunk girlfriends in the sun,
men playing timed chess with themselves,
the guarantees and warnings that entice us
to the brink of what they warn about.

But we can do no more than pass through
these rooms and their sudden chills
where once a plea was entered almost
unintentionally that seemed at last
to reveal ourselves to ourselves,
immaculate, bereft, deserving to be found.

I believe I will see the bounty of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord with courage.
Be stouthearted, and wait for the Lord.
Re: A Great Life #3 [Re: Gerda] #2872533
11/18/19 07:53 PM
11/18/19 07:53 PM
Southern Maryland
job Offline

job  Offline

Southern Maryland
Happy Belated Birthday!

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, job, Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004