Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
T
T
I think I would let her talk but would not show her my cards at this point. See what she has to say and then tell her you need some time to think about things. You do not want to commit to anything when you are feeling emotional.

I would probably line up a few free consultations with attorneys in the meantime.

I know this isn't what you want man, but look at your history with W. This is who she is. It took me a long time to get to the point where I was seeing my W objectively and the more time and space I have from her, the more I realize that she's not a good partner. She's a runner and so is your W, that's not a good recipe for a long and successful relationship.

I was able to get my W back after the 3rd bomb but I wish I would have let her go at that point. One year later and we are in the same exact scenario.

Think long and hard if you truly want your W back after another BD. The best predictor of future behavior, is past behavior.

OP Offline
You are right, T. But even I wanted to file myself today, I am in a bad position. I'm less than a year from finishing my degree. If I go back to work, that is all delayed. I either truly have to go live with my grandmother, take out a loan, or W [censored] it up and we do fair trade as roommates until I graduate. The first two options, to put it bluntly, SUCK. At least here, I can have some independence and motivation to GAL. Continue seeing my IC and the parts of my life that are not burning. Moving back to my home state to live with family will be emotionally devastating. Am I just making excuses? I really don't know. I just am so frustrated with how W has handled all this, I don't want to do anything to make it easier for her, especially something that puts me out.

I told her I was not comfortable going to live with family and she replied "something needs to happen." I have not responded...

job Offline
Please start a new thread and link your threads together.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
OP Offline

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard