CALL 303-444-7004 to get started right away!

A Divorce Busting® Coach can help you save your marriage, even when your spouse wants out.

A Divorce Busting Telephone Coach
can help you save your marriage singlehandedly!
CALL 303-444-7004
or see Coaching Packages online at the Divorce Busting Store

A Message from Michele
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2863222
08/28/19 04:54 PM
08/28/19 04:54 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Survived week 1 of classes relatively unscathed and the class I teach actually started yesterday, so I'm officially off and running for the fall semester now. I teach 4 classes this semester and have already done 2, one yesterday and one earlier today. I still have one more today, then one tomorrow and then I can cruise until next Tuesday. I finally spent a good bit of time actually getting my office cleaned and organized and I'm very pleased with how it all looks. Even took a little time last Friday, after everyone left early, to put "fresh" pictures on my digital frame in my office. This Friday, I'm gong to spend a little time working on organizing my storage room, that doubles as the prep room for my labs. It is also a catch-all room for other classes, so there is a lot of random stuff in there. I spent weeks last summer actually cleaning, organizing and throwing out stuff that was older than me, but it needs a good going over again.

Nothing new to report on the personal/relationship side. We are currently in week 2 of combined finances and we are communicating very well about bills, as we navigate getting all our accounts consolidated. We have also discussed a plan/timeline to get me moved into Sparky's house and we are shooting for that being complete by the end of September or 1st weekend in October. Lots of changes heading my way in the next 6 months or so and while it is daunting, it is also exciting. I will move in with Sparky and give up my house in roughly a month from now. In December, we will say our I do's among all of our family celebrations. In the spring, we will welcome grand baby #5 to the fold and I'm thrilled about that one. Sparky is excited as well. I'm excited, nervous, happy, scared, looking forward to, dreading.....all those things. I told Sparky one big fear I have is in giving up my own space in favor of his. I did that once for a man and when the whole deal went south, I had to start over from scratch. It does scare me that if we were to not make it for some reason, I would have to start over yet again. But, at the same time, we both know that, at least for now, it has to be this way to accommodate taking care of his mother to the best of our ability without actually living in the same house with her. We've been very open and honest about our feelings and our fears in our discussions about combining our households and our entire lives.

Life continues to be good, if not fairly tiring, at the moment, but we are clicking right along, getting stuff done and getting ready to settle in together and move forward in the near future. I told Sparky last weekend that I'm going to wait to put out all my fall decorations until I get moved to his house and this will help it seem more like home to me because I have a ton of seasonal decorations for each season. It will kind of be like the changing of the guard, so to speak. LOL

Me 50, H51
3 adult daughters from XH's first marriage (plus 4 grandkids)
Divorce final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
1 adult daughter and bonus daughter-in-law from current H's first marriage
Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2863227
08/28/19 05:01 PM
08/28/19 05:01 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline
Ginger1  Offline
G
I don’t have anything to really add except I love reading your updates, they bring a smile to my face

Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2863340
08/29/19 08:56 AM
08/29/19 08:56 AM
Massachusetts
B
bttrfly Offline
bttrfly  Offline
B
Massachusetts
I'm happy for you. There is an ease about your relationship with Sparky which is nice to see. Tells me that it's a good fit for you both.

xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
BD 4/6/15
D Final 12/23/16

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Re: Turn the Page [Re: bttrfly] #2863523
08/30/19 03:34 PM
08/30/19 03:34 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Originally Posted by bttrfly
I'm happy for you. There is an ease about your relationship with Sparky which is nice to see. Tells me that it's a good fit for you both.

xoxoxo

Thank you! I take that as a compliment. We really do have an ease about our whole relationship that is a refreshing change for me. I know there is a lot of advice from a wide variety of sources bandied about on these boards and one thing that I see a lot is people saying don't spend too much time texting and talking on the phone at first, but for Sparky and I, that is what worked best for us, due to his dad's illness and subsequent passing. So, I feel like we really took the time to get to know each other in that way first before we ever met in person. Then, when we did meet for our first date, it was like we'd known each other forever and we just settled right in.

Sparky and I had a long discussion the other night because, while we have many similarities, we also have some vast differences. The main one is that I'm more analytical, more hard facts, more "put the numbers to it" kind of person, where he is more go with the flow, fly by the seat of his pants, etc. We were talking about specifics related to merging our finances and accounts and about how September is going to be a bit of a challenge, just because we are trying to get everything on a new schedule and consolidated and all that, but October, especially when I give up my house and all the bills specifically associated with it (rent, utilities), we will actually end up coming out ahead and be able to establish a better savings plan than either of us currently have individually. The discussion was interesting from the standpoint of how we approached the specific numbers we were discussing. It was a good discussion and after he left, I found myself thinking about how with XH, we could have never had that discussion because we both would've just ended up p!ssed at the other one and yelling. Sparky and I didn't have that issue at all. We each made our points, some similar and some different, then listened to what the other thought. It was a really good talk. While it is not the first good talk we have had on such serious matters, it did kind of cement for me that we have made a good choice in each other and that we are a good fit together.

Looking forward to a 3-day weekend. Tomorrow afternoon is the first Hog football game of the season and I cannot wait. I'm already planning snacks for us while we cheer/yell at the tv. LOL Sunday, we are headed to Little Rock for a little early birthday present for Sparky to see Weird Al Yankovic. We are also going to Dave and Buster's for supper and some fun arcade style games beforehand because I scored a Groupon that got us a bunch of game cards for a super cheap price. Yeah, I'm one of those people. LOL Monday, we are staying home, chilling, may go out to the lake late in the afternoon after all the weekend travelers have left to head back to their homes. Should be a great weekend.

Happy weekend to all of you, too!

Me 50, H51
Divorce final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2863544
08/30/19 05:04 PM
08/30/19 05:04 PM
D
doodler Offline
doodler  Offline
D
Originally Posted by Dawn70
Tomorrow afternoon is the first Hog football game of the season and I cannot wait. I'm already planning snacks for us while we cheer/yell at the tv.

Go Hogs!

I used to look forward to football season, but the 'Noles have been awful the past few seasons. Our first game is tomorrow. Because of the hurricane, the game was moved from Jacksonville to Tallahassee. My coworkers have said that some of the grocery store shelves have already been picked clean. I don't know what's going to happen with an influx of people. It's going to be an interesting weekend.

Re: Turn the Page [Re: doodler] #2863547
08/30/19 05:10 PM
08/30/19 05:10 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Originally Posted by doodler
Originally Posted by Dawn70
Tomorrow afternoon is the first Hog football game of the season and I cannot wait. I'm already planning snacks for us while we cheer/yell at the tv.

Go Hogs!

I used to look forward to football season, but the 'Noles have been awful the past few seasons. Our first game is tomorrow. Because of the hurricane, the game was moved from Jacksonville to Tallahassee. My coworkers have said that some of the grocery store shelves have already been picked clean. I don't know what's going to happen with an influx of people. It's going to be an interesting weekend.

My beloved Hogs have been absolutely beleaguered by a few terrible seasons and now are beginning their 2nd year with a new head coach, so we shall see. Tomorrow SHOULD be a W for us, since they are playing some no-name junior college and or maybe it is a junior high team, but they had several of these should be W games last year that they got absolutely hammered in, so I'll just have to wait, but regardless, I will ALWAYS root Hog. I'm not a fair-weather fan.

Me 50, H51
Divorce final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2863554
08/30/19 05:23 PM
08/30/19 05:23 PM
D
doodler Offline
doodler  Offline
D

We're playing the football powerhouse Boise State. Unfortunately, the Broncos may actually win.

Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2863586
08/30/19 09:09 PM
08/30/19 09:09 PM
Massachusetts
B
bttrfly Offline
bttrfly  Offline
B
Massachusetts
it's absolutely a compliment! xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
BD 4/6/15
D Final 12/23/16

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Re: Turn the Page [Re: Dawn70] #2863861
09/03/19 01:55 PM
09/03/19 01:55 PM
D
doodler Offline
doodler  Offline
D
Dawn,

Congrats on the Hogs' win; that's the way to start the season. Unfortunately, the Noles didn't fare so well. I suspect our coach will be gone before the end of the season.

Re: Turn the Page [Re: doodler] #2864057
09/04/19 05:24 PM
09/04/19 05:24 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Originally Posted by doodler
Dawn,

Congrats on the Hogs' win; that's the way to start the season. Unfortunately, the Noles didn't fare so well. I suspect our coach will be gone before the end of the season.

Thanks, Doodler! It wasn't pretty, but a W is a W, so I'll take it. I'm not now, nor have I ever been, a fair weather fan, so I will love and support my Hogs regardless, but ole Coach needs to get it in gear or I foresee him being gone at the end of this year. We got Bielema, who talked a really good game, but just could NOT cut it in the SEC and dragged us down after 3 years. Now Morris, also NOT an SEC veteran, is rolling into year 2 and what I saw Saturday did NOT look promising, so we shall see. Like I said, I will root Hog or die, though, so it is all good.

This week has been LONG already and it was a "short" week since Monday was a holiday. I don't know what it is about these holiday weeks but they just seem to drag. This one in particular, Mary Chapin Carpenter's song "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug" has been resonating loudly in my head. I did NOT come in Monday to prep this week's lab, though I knew it would take a while to do. I came in extra early yesterday and still was running behind, but since I teach the first lab, I just gave my students something to work on while I finished setting up. Sparky's car officially bit the dust late last week and after talking it over this weekend, we have decided to begin the process of finding something different for him, but in the meantime, we borrowed a vehicle from my dad to get us through. Sparky's mom, who is not being overly cooperative about anything lately, was not too keen on his using her car because she doesn't like to be "home alone" without a car (she never goes anywhere, by the way, so not sure why it matters, but whatever). Then, yesterday, after a long, crappy day, she was supposed to bring Sparky to town so he and I could run over to my dad's and pick up the extra vehicle (my dad has 5 or 6 extra vehicles....long story), but then she fell and busted her lip and broke a tooth. Sparky had to leave work early to go get her and take her to the doctor's office, only to find out she broke her knee cap in the fall. Wow...…………….I felt bad for her as I'm sure that hurt really badly. She's having to use a walker and now has to go see an orthopedic surgeon. I don't know what will happen moving forward but I feel bad for her. We did finally get the vehicle swapping finished after Sparky tended to her and got her back home and situated from the doctor's office.

This morning I got lab set up on time (though I again teach the first one, so I could've had a little extra time if I needed it) only to have the copier jam when I was trying to print out my lab packets for my class. Seriously? Ugh! I have been getting e-mails from students left and right about missing class and I TOLD them attendance is mandatory, but that is fine. Go ahead and miss and when your grade suffers, refer to the syllabus where I made you read it and underline it so you would know. We are in our 3rd week of classes (2nd week for my lab classes) and I had a girl come to my office today trying to get into my class. I signed off on it for her, with the understanding that she's already missed 2 labs and she will have to do extra work on the back end to catch those up. I also tried to explain that while I'm willing to let her in, she has to get in to a lecture class as well and I don't know that any of the lecture instructors will let her in. She should've gotten her crap together 2 weeks ago.

On the plus side, I'm over half-way finished with today, have one more class this afternoon, then just 2 more days (with 1 class left for the week tomorrow afternoon) and then the weekend will be upon us yet again. We are beginning to move my stuff to Sparky's house this week and I'm excited about that. We're also going to go through all the stuff he has and decide what of his we want to keep and what of mine we want to keep so we can start selling off what we don't want. It's going to be a good, good thing. I'm just ready to get moved in and settled and get into what will be our normal, regular routine. We had kinda settled into one not living together, but as we gear up to get into one actually living together, I'm feeling super restless.

Anyway, back to educating and molding young minds. It's almost Friday...it's almost Friday...it's almost Friday!

Me 50, H51
Divorce final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, job, Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004