Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
D
D
Coconut,

I like what you wrote. It seems to come from the heart and it's not too sappy or over-the-top. I'm betting you'll hear (not here) from her.

K
kml Offline
K
You had me at "you, your and you're" lol

G
G
I’d totally go out with you if you wrote that to me

C
Coconut Offline OP
OP Offline
C

Originally Posted by doodler
Coconut,

I like what you wrote. It seems to come from the heart and it's not too sappy or over-the-top. I'm betting you'll hear (not here) from her.

It’s good to he’re that from you bud, hope you are doing well.. for what it’s worth, I think selling the house and moving on will do you well.

[/quote]
Originally Posted by kml
lol, glad I could enlighten your grammar requirements..

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
D
D
Originally Posted by Coconut

Originally Posted by doodler
Coconut,

It’s good to he’re that from you bud, hope you are doing well.. for what it’s worth, I think selling the house and moving on will do you well.

Originally Posted by kml
lol, glad I could enlighten your grammar requirements..
[/quote]

NEVER underestimate the power of correct grammar and good spelling. I thought maybe it was the teacher in me or the fact that I live in the South where people tend to write as they speak, which we all know is not technically correct, but from other posts on this very board, I'm learning that poor grammar and spelling tend to be a universal thing, regardless of location. I would skip over profiles with bad grammar and "your/you're" misused. I can deal with things like "reckon", "y'all", "fixin' to", but I just can't with "your cute". LOL For what it is worth, I liked what you wrote. It was descriptive without coming across arrogant, braggy, boastful.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
A
A
Hey there C'Nut - don't be too disappointed if you don't hear back. Just consider it batting practice.

There's so much noise out there in the OLD world that it's tough to be heard from what I understand.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
C
Coconut Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Ginger1
I’d totally go out with you if you wrote that to me

Aww shucks, thanks G

Originally Posted by Dawn70

NEVER underestimate the power of correct grammar and good spelling. I thought maybe it was the teacher in me or the fact that I live in the South where people tend to write as they speak, which we all know is not technically correct, but from other posts on this very board, I'm learning that poor grammar and spelling tend to be a universal thing, regardless of location. I would skip over profiles with bad grammar and "your/you're" misused. I can deal with things like "reckon", "y'all", "fixin' to", but I just can't with "your cute". LOL For what it is worth, I liked what you wrote. It was descriptive without coming across arrogant, braggy, boastful.

I agree, some of the Facebook posts I see sometimes takes me a few minutes to figure out what they are trying to say. I try to write well, although sometimes I’ll use some slang words.

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
D
D

I agree, some of the Facebook posts I see sometimes takes me a few minutes to figure out what they are trying to say. I try to write well, although sometimes I’ll use some slang words.

I use slang as well, especially in an informal setting like this or Facebook, but Lord have mercy, I'm with you. Sometimes I see Facebook posts and I really have to think about what they are trying to say. Along with those facebook peeps who want to "sale" me something or have something for "sell". Drives me CRAZY!

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
D

Coconut,

You're right, it finally sunk into my think skull; I need to move. I love the house and the memories. But, it's just too much house for me to maintain, particularly since it's just me every other week. It's time to move on.

B
B
If I weren’t married, I would go out with you too, Donnie. And I’m a Californian all the way. Lol. If she doesn’t take the bait, she’s a dummy!

Well played!
Blu

“Forgiveness liberates the soul. It removes fear. That is why it is such a powerful weapon.” – Nelson Mandela
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard