Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
K
kml Offline
K
Yeah he's a grownup making grownup decisions about his life - including dumping you. If that means he doesn't have a supportive companion for this period in his life, HE CHOSE THAT. He'll deal with this as an adult on his own which is HIS CHOICE.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I hate being an empath. A 5 year old little boy is going to come home and find out he has no home with his dad and his beloved dog died and all his stuff is gone.

Thank god he wasn’t there.

He did chose this. And he doesn’t want me around, and I won’t be around. I just feel for them all and it’s hard to see on the news from my couch.

I’m over here and they are over there. Nothing I can do. They have each other, they will be fine

B
B
yes there is something you can do, if you believe in it. say a prayer for them.
xoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks for being there for all my craziness. There is nothing I can do but say prayer and go down the good agh I was going on . I liked it there

K
kml Offline
K
Just read a story in the news about a NJ woman who got a booty call at 3 a.m., showed up at the giy's place. He'd fallen asleep and didn't answer the door or the phone. So she went and got some gasoline and set his place on fire! Sorry for the dark humor but couldn't help thinking if M for a minute.

T
T
G......if this would have happened while you were still together would you have moved them in your place? Would you have done considering the status of your R?

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
KML, I read that too! b!tches me crazy here in NJ!

J- if we didn’t break up would I have moved them in? Well, if I had bigger than a 2 bed 1 bath, I wouldn’t even hesitate. They have somewhere else to stay where everyone can fit very comfortably. But my door would be open. My basement would be open for any storage. I would have ran out of my job to be with them.... I was seriously invested in this even though I wasn’t happy in the relationship. I seriously loved him and his family.

I also know that if we were together still, our R wouldn’t have survived this. He would have shut down completely, told me he had to break up with me then. It’s weird how things happen. He wasn’t even going to tell me until this week when he could see me in person.

I didn’t sleep much last night. My friend and cousin think it’s funny, call it karma and make jokes about the police coming to question the jilted lover. I don’t think it’s so funny. A dog that was a family member died. A boy who needs stability is coming home from vacation to find his dog dread, all of his stuff at his dads gone along with his toys. His bike he loved. Big things to little kids. I know his mom is going to mess with custody now and take this as a golden opportunity. He starts kindergarten and won’t even have his other home. His mom is out on workers comp doesn’t have a husband, and that was her house. Her memories were in there. And she really loved that dog. I imagine if she had 2 good wrists she would have picked her up and carried her out but she couldn’t.

And M. I don’t know how this fire happened. But I do think something was left burning giving the time it happened and the place. I pray not. But to live with the guilt of all this and the coming downfall from his ex, to lose his beloved dog.....maybe this is an eye opener, who knows. But I can feel what he must be feeling. I can’t help but feel for him.

He never answered and I suspect he will never respond. And that’s fine, I didn’t expect anything.

I just wish I didn’t have the ability to take on others pain. Really, being an empath [censored] .

I browsed around POF last night, curious what’s out there. Oh man. Couldn’t find one single guy I would be interested in. I have a feeling I’ll be single for a while.

T
T
I think it would have made things worse. I don’t wish what happened to him and his family on anyone so I do understand your concerns. He is a big boy though and it as cruel as it may sound it is their situation to deal with.

On a side note I would try the paid dating sites.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
M
M
Originally Posted by Ginger1
Well, if I had bigger than a 2 bed 1 bath, I wouldn’t even hesitate. They have somewhere else to stay where everyone can fit very comfortably. But my door would be open. My basement would be open for any storage. I would have ran out of my job to be with them.... I was seriously invested in this even though I wasn’t happy in the relationship. I seriously loved him and his family.

The problem is not what you would have done...

The problem is that he wasn't willing to do the same for you...

Stop second guessing yourself on this.....

I also know that if we were together still, our R wouldn’t have survived this. He would have shut down completely, told me he had to break up with me then. It’s weird how things happen. He wasn’t even going to tell me until this week when he could see me in person.

You don't know that.

IF you were still together, that would mean that he could have provided YOU with all the above.

He couldn't , wouldn't, and can't..

My basement would be open for any storage

I had a solution for you, and you said no : )

D
D
Goodness, G, I'm so sorry. You are right that you just can't make some stuff up. I'm not sure I, personally, would say it is karma, but it is an awful situation for M, his mom and his son. I'm sure it is a great loss for all of them.

I think you did right in reaching out, even if he never acknowledges it, because in reaching out, you were being true to who YOU are. I agree with everyone else who said it was probably a good thing. But honestly, (and I'm so sorry this is going to sound b!tchy on my part, but I don't know how else to say it), even if every single person who responded had so oh no, wait, G, don't reach out, it isn't a good idea, would you have ignored us all and reached out anyway? I suspect you would have because you felt it was the right thing to do to reach out and you know what, if you felt that, then it was the right thing to do, regardless of what anyone else thinks.

M chose a path and when he chose it, he invited you to no longer be a part of it for whatever his reasons were and now he's left to deal with everything that happens to him without the strength and support of a good woman who would have most assuredly stood by him and helped him through the devastation. That is all now his to deal with because as someone else pointed out, he fired you from that "job". You reached out, now carry on with the getting over him and looking to your future.

Some of what you fear for him is pure speculation. It is bad that his dog died, that his son will be devastated, that his mom lost her memories tied to the house and belongings, that they all are out of a place to live, but you don't know that his XW will use that as leverage where his son is concerned. She may well do that, but my thing is, in light of all the drug usage you have pointed to recently, if she wanted to nail him, it would seem that she would have a LOT more to get him on than an accidental housefire. Does that make sense? Maybe she doesn't know about the drug usage, but if she doesn't, that is particularly telling to me as well.

Go ahead and grieve your loss of what might have been and even grieve for his and his family's loss due to this house fire, but as I keep saying, do NOT unpack and live there. He made a choice to exclude you from worrying about him, so don't. (Yes, easier said than done....totally get that, as a worrier myself.)

As far as OLD, don't be in such a rush. I get J9's point about trying paid sites as you might have better luck, but honey, if OLD up north is anything like it is down here, it is a crap shoot, at best. Take your time, grieve, lick your wounds and work on yourself. You got this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you ever decide you want to move South, let me know and I'll hook you up with my best friend. He's a great guy and he would give you all the love and attention you desire.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard