Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by "CanBird"
Good for him, trying to get in shape while away. I know keeping in shape has always been a struggle for him. When I met him, I fell in love with all of him. People would comment on his weight; I never cared. We both looked our best for our wedding. I'm now smaller than I was before I got married. He's let himself go over the last two years, just didn't care. I hope he figures out something that works for him.

Originally Posted by CWarrior
CanBird, good for you! I've struggled with weight my whole life, and it's amazing when a partner just accepts you. I've had partners suggest diets and workout routines.. and others get threatened when I toned up and try to sabotage me. "You lost a pound! I brought a dozen Krispy Kremes for you to celebrate." This sounds like something you're doing right that your partner hopefully appreciates

Taking care of the outside of your body does not mean anything if you feel crappie on the inside. But, targeting areas that need work does make me feel good. I've got to work on myself more mentally.

New messages on my mirror: Work on Yourself, Stay Self-Focucsed, Find Joy

(I write on my mirror with a dry-erase marker. Easier than post-it-notes)

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Mar returns stuck here C19 Lckdwn
Apr he leaves for work until Nov
Oct D FINAL 2020
Living MY Happiest Life Ever
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Amazing day at the beach Sundays.. Swam, built sandcastles.

Today art class, errands & dance. I inquired about a part-time job D3 & I can do together. One day a week, childcare, at a local gym. Not sure what the pay is, but I can bring my daughter and she gets to play & met new kids. Gym membership included. I know the mommy of 2 that does it. She's making more inquires for me.

I'm feeling good. Things are feeling promising. Putting the focus back on my self & exercising more, even just stretching at night for 10 mins, really helps me feel strong. Making a daily list and ticking things off. Setting goals & doing something each day that brings you closer to achieving them. No matter how big or small. Tackle the task at hand. Get out & do things. And I've been reading. Something I haven't done in awhile. Pick up a good book & escape. Still gardening. Still happy.

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
P
P
That job sounds like fun for both of you
Hope you get it!

married 14 years
H 42
bomb 2/07 IDLYA
D final 3 /09
M ow D ow
job Offline
I hope you get the job. It would be fun doing something that both you and your child can enjoy together. Glad to see that you are focusing on you and your family.

You are doing great.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Nothing too exciting, but all good, so that's good. Trying my hardest to think more about myself and my needs.

Funny how the universe works in your favor when you need it too. That's been my kind of week.

Nothing on the job front. I'll have to find out more on my own.

D3 is well, we're doing our thing.

Next week traveling to see H family. Yikes! I love them all dearly; blessed to have multiple in-laws that are awesome people. Unsure how I'll handle questions about H. The usual questions are regarding him being away at work. (Have you heard from him/ Where is he?) I just give the standard answers: "Oh not too sure where' he's at (he's at sea so really, I don't know unless he tells me his location) he's at work, always busy." Part of me wonders if he's confided in family and they will bring it up (I'm not about to). It's hard not to think about your spouse, especially at night.

Any way. Hurricanes are heading our way (Pacific Ocean). Batten down the hatches! We're all good for supplies & I haven't unpacked our important documents from the last natural disaster fire scare we had. All in all, life is good.

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Still on hurricane watch (Erick & Flossie). This afternoon a huge brush fire, not in my area, consumed 2,500 aches. Uncontained as of sunset. Effects felt; air quality here horrible. Hope no lives are hurt.

Despite all these uncontrollable situations, there are always moments in your day where you smile, or laugh, or even cry because you're happy in that moment. Today was emotional for me. Anxiety? I don't know, I guess? I don’t do well with natural disasters, alone. But, I choose to ride it out alone, with D3. And that is something I have control over. How I prepare. Gives me anxiety planning. Constantly planning. It stresses me out, but I need to plan to survive.

One Day At A Time
Just Breath

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Still alive.(storms & fires) Feeling less anxious once the rain started. Air quality is still harsh, like breathing in wet ash. It's uncomfortable for me, but at least my heart isn't pounding out of my chest. Now I'm just restless.

I finished reading a book! (It's been awhile). Love a good book. Looking forward to the next.

Been scanning jobs. Nothing right now.

Nothing else. Guess no news is good news?

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Wondering: Flashing mail but no mail? Is this a ploy to keep you online longer?

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
job Offline
Ignore the flashing mail. A few people get this from time to time.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
It rained! A heavy downpour. D3 & I were outside and we relished in the moment. Both drenched. It felt amazing in so many ways. Beside the dark cloud that I fall under sometimes, and the natural disasters we've been dealing with, it's been a difficult few weeks. But all that rain was like a cleansing of sorts.

I've got a few things planned for myself. One event I'm really excited about that happens next month; purchased tickets today. D3 will have an overnight with a qualified friend & mommy gets a real night out! Looking forward to live music & dancing.

Days away from our mini trip with in-laws x 4. This will be interesting. What do I say when asked if I've heard from H? Dreading any conversation about him. His mom & step mom certainly suspect something is different about him. Not sure how his Dad or step dad feel. My 2 sister in laws and a niece will be there too. Thank goodness D3 will be there for me ❤

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis