Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
kml #2851859 06/05/19 08:20 PM
job Offline
Congratulations to your son on his graduation! I'm sure he's glad he's out of school and can move on to doing actual social work. If he is anything like his mom, he will be a success in his field.

I think you might be on to something with CMM. He does tend to obsess more than most who are OCD.

Have they thought that he may be passing blood or bleeding internally and losing the iron that way? I hope that they can figure things out for him so that he'll feel better.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
kml #2851861 06/05/19 08:34 PM
E
E
Kml,
I am blown away with one of your sons.

D18 is studying Social work. A couple of weeks ago, she shared a story of a 26 year old who is in her class.
She tells me how interesting and heartbroken his pass is.
Heroin addiction, bad anger and boost of depression. Been clean for quite awhile and battles life head on.
She said everytime he shares his story, we cry and so does he. He is an inspiration to all of us.

Shortly after, i come on here and see your post on Andrew' s thread.
Today, you write about your son graduating in Social Work.

If D18' s classmate is not your son, someone here is living his life parrallel to him.

Congratulation to him!!!! And to you!!! smile
Great update! You must be soooo proud!! smile

kml #2851863 06/05/19 08:46 PM
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Actually it's my middle son who graduated, not the younger with addiction history. However my middle son has had many obstacles to overcome also (he's trans) and I'm so very proud of him. He is a natural at therapy and super brilliant, managed a straight A average throughout.

kml #2852741 06/12/19 08:45 PM
S
S
Hey Ellie!

Long time no chat! Just got my MacBook fixed and DB was on it and figured out my Sign In and POOF - here I am!

What a difference the years make, eh? Remember those early days. I couldn't go 5 minutes without posting!

I made so many friends here, lots of I have met and a number I still talk to every single day. So glad you and I met in Cali with Karen. I also see that Gineen is still around. Spent some wonderful days with her and little G in Disney.

This board saved my life and my sanity. It was so great to always have someone to talk to day or night - someone who really "got it".

My UPDATE: I've been retired for 10 years and happy for it. Moved up north to a lakehouse with Josh (we have been together HAPPILY for 15 years!!!!). Ryan (disabled son) lives with us. Also bought a condo in Florida and spend winter there. Josh is still working so he looks after Ryan on Weekend nights while I'm away and daughter Ashley looks after her brother on weeknights. Speaking of Ashley - she moved up north a couple of years after me. Got a great job that she loves and recently bought a lovely house with a handicapped suite for her brother to sleepover and we made a 2 bedroom apt downstairs which she rents out to pay the mortgage. Neat how these things work out.

Happy Happy Joy Joy.

As for my ex - we have a texting relationship app 4 times a year as he asks to see Ryan and his worker drives him an hour away to visit with him for a couple of hours. I rarely think about him and his maggot. I don't know if they're happy and I don't care. He rarely sees any of the kids and they prefer it that way.

And that's it. I will try to read more on whats going on when I get the chance.

Barb

kml #2852761 06/12/19 11:09 PM
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hey girl! So glad things are still going well with you and Josh. Sounds like you've also got the nursing worked out for Ryan at the moment? I remember you were having crazy problems with that for a while.

My middle one graduated with his Masters in Social work recently and we had lunch after with my ex and his wife. It was fine, but when he reached out to give me a hug at the end I felt like Sigourney Weaver in Alien! Hahaha.

Don't know how far back you've read. Met a new guy in June last year, in September he was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer. I figure I must have been put in his life for that reason but boy was that a hard left turn.

kml #2853050 06/15/19 12:22 PM
B
B
congrats to son on his graduation and to you for as well xoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
kml #2853672 06/19/19 02:53 PM
S
S
WOW! That IS a lot to deal with! Take care of yourself first Ellie. Always!
Congrats to your son - that is a really big deal. you can be very proud!
There is ALWAYS a problem with Ryan's care and it does cause much stress. I think we've got it together for a while but no extra help for vacations or illnesses.
Well, after 18 years - Ashley met maggot! I did not know it was going to happen. She told me after - he invited her out for lunch for Father's Day and told her he was bringing her. As she doesn't see him very often she told him ok. She also wanted him to meet her new boyfriend. She told me later that evening. I did not react. only care a little bit.
Strangely - the next day she had a Panic Attack at work. So severe she had to have someone drive her home where she went right to bed. I called her (I was in Florida) and mentioned she had had a very emotional weekend (she and boyfriend just became an item, meeting maggot, having an impending guest arrival) and she didn't really see the connection.
Had a great weekend in Florida other than a 4 am hotel evacuation when the fire alarm went off. Not fun! But a great fashion pj parade!
My stress has been high lately but I'm working on it.
Cottage rentals going ok but people are so d@mn flakey. They say YES then won't send in agreement or $. This has happened more often than not lately and I am SO done with it.
Anyway, thanks for listening. I should pop in more often. Just never have much to say anymore.

Barb

Last edited by job; 06/19/19 04:55 PM. Reason: edited a word
kml #2853677 06/19/19 03:49 PM
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
As for her panic attack - make sure that's all it was. Young women can have a type of benign arrythmia called SVT (supraventriular tachycardia) where the heart suddenly starts racing. It's not particularly dangerous but very uncomfortable and sometimes mistaken for a panic attack when it happens in young, otherwise healthy people. The heartrate will usually jump from 70 or 80 to 160 - 180. You can usually stop it by plunging your face in a large bowl of ice water and holding your breath.

18 years huh? Boy it's been a long time! Who cares about the maggot at this point? She ended up with your leftovers and you got Josh - I'd say you made out in the deal.

kml #2853804 06/20/19 03:19 PM
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Well CMM's newest PET scan is in. Shows some slight growth in the tumor, and now the radiologist is insisting that the fractured rib on the other side (from our accident in October) is a metastatic lesion. We'll see what the oncologist has to say about it on Friday. But his cough has been worse the past month too. Clearly there will be no miraculous tumor shrinkage with his current drug so we will need to start discussing what the next step might be.

Meanwhile a favorite patient of mine - a young man whose mother worked in the grocery store with my oldest son when he was a teen and was very kind to my son, I was able to return the favor 12 years ago and help her son - was diagnosed this week with an aggressive lymphoma. F-ing cancer, I've had enough!

kml #2853811 06/20/19 03:47 PM
T
T
I am sorry to hear, that is tough stuff. My good friend who is roughly 68 lost her daughter to an aggressive form of lymphoma and she didn't live but 3 months with it from when she was diagnosed. After losing her daughter she has never been the same. Her daughter passed at the age of 23.

Sometimes this world makes no sense.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard