Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
L
L
JR,

Every person here has heard it in one form or another. Mine was " I can't help it that my feelings changed".

The quickest way back to her is to go in the opposite direction. Start to build an awesome life for you and the kids and maybe some day she will want to join you.

Time and space are the only thing that turns these situations around long term.

J
OP Offline
J
And did they come back?

Thanks

Me. 46
Her 37

Years together 10
Married 7.5

Kids 4 and 6
L
L
We don’t have the data because most move on and don’t update us. From the research I have done it typically takes the WAS two years to realize they made a mistake. At that point the LBS has moved on and is no longer interested in recon.

Of course there are outliers.

J
OP Offline
J
So do I file and show her I mean business or let it lay and let all matters stay in her hands and timeline?
I don't want a divorce. I want to keep the family together.

Me. 46
Her 37

Years together 10
Married 7.5

Kids 4 and 6
I
I
I tried to initiate D last week. Don't do it unless you are absolutely 100% sure from a place of strength and non emotion and not fear and emotion that you are 100% done with this person in your life. Trust issues and all. Otherwise it will backfire. Get your papers ready for that day. They may change their minds or feelings again. You are dealing with a deluded thinking emotional creature. Do you understand what detachment and boundaries does? It shows you are willing to walk away from this non sense. These power plays. It gives you value and self respect, it protects you, and your family. They may not care, or they may eventually care and snap out of it. Its a matter of self respect, value, battle of wills, what is right to you and for you. You cannot convince them, so let them go, and let them walk. There are no tricks or shortcuts.

L
L
JR,

You answered your own question. You will not get the response you’re looking for. The person who cares the least about the relationship is the one in control. She’s in control right now but that will change if you choose for it to happen.

In all likelihood your W is having an affair. Is that a dealbreaker for you?

A
A
Originally Posted by JimmyRig
So do I file and show her I mean business or let it lay and let all matters stay in her hands and timeline?

IH and LH said it. You don't file to "get a reaction" out of her, because she wants D anyway so all you are doing is giving her exactly what she wants. Plus you are doing the work for her so that's a bonus. AND the cherry on the cake is she gets to tell everyone "well I wasn't sure what I wanted but HE was the one that pushed the divorce through so I had no say in the matter." So she gets to blame you too! It's a win-win for her!

If you don't want a D then do NOTHING. Don't talk to her about it, don't send her texts/ emails/ article links, just pull back and give her time and space. Often when the LBS removes all pressure then the WAS no longer feels the need to push for D.

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
J
OP Offline
J
Thanks all

LH19, what do you mean if I choose it to happen?

I will stand down and continue DB'ing.

Jimmy

Me. 46
Her 37

Years together 10
Married 7.5

Kids 4 and 6
J
OP Offline
J
If i'm invited to her parents for Easter dinner should I go?
I have to go there to drop the boys off from a easter egg hunt thing.

Thanks

Me. 46
Her 37

Years together 10
Married 7.5

Kids 4 and 6
R
R
Originally Posted by JimmyRig
99.9% of the poster have said the same thing.

The reality is that if your spouse wants the D, it is out of your control and your family will change.

You do have control on how your interact with your spouse. How you behave when you are around your spouse. How much you interact with your spouse.

Dbing is about controlling these things. Work on being attractive. Work on showing your spouse a "better" you. THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN OVER NIGHT.

One small, positive, permanent change a day adds up to a great you over time. Your spouse will notice.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard