T-10 M-5
I moved out b/c he wanted space- June 15
D filed by H: September 16
P
Pax_luv Offline OP
OP Offline
P
OneArt,
Thanks for the reply on my last thread. This is the second time he’s been sanctioned and yep the judge has gotten wise to the antics. Thank goodness.

So, just a personal reflection...
I’ve spent the last close to 4 years becoming a woman only a fool would leave. I think I’ve done a pretty good job thus far but know I will always be a work in progress.

One of the things I’m not skilled at is keeping a balanced life. I find it hard to have work, gym, friends, extracurriculars etc all balanced. So, I’m someone who focuses on certain buckets for weeks at a time. But I end up stressing myself out since I can’t keep all slices of the pie the same. For example, I’ll spend time focusing on the gym and then get stressed out because I’m not focusing on my social life, so then I redirect attention and then the gym goes by the wayside. I know there’s things I could do better to balance it out. 100% I know it’s me, but it’s something I’m working on.

With that I have been wanting to go back to school for a while now. I just can’t decide if I want a PhD or a masters in a different field. I like school and I wouldn’t mind going back... I can’t afford it right now, I would have to get a loan.... but I’m wasting my time. Notice the direct contradiction of what I stated above!!!

Anyway, i know if I go to school, other parts of my life will go by the wayside. And...... another big thing that I have not prioritized is dating. I want a baby daddy eventually because I’m not getting younger and my eggs are drying up by the second, but I haven’t made it a priority to go out and meet anyone.

So what does this mean? I need to be better at balancing and I need to put myself out there. I think even if I’m interested in someone, I still owe it to myself to date multiple people just to understand what’s really out there. I don’t dislike dating, I just haven’t prioritized it.

Ok, so that’s a bunch of ramblings that make no sense. I guess at the end of the day, this is all a blessing to have too many good things to keep integrated into a balanced life.

So with that... what do you think is the best dating app for a busy professional, who is old fashioned, and wants to avoid creepers?

Me- 30's H- 40's
T-10 M-5
K
kml Offline
K
You're young so whatever apps the young people are using would be beneficial - doubt eHarmony would be good for someone your age for instance.

I've used OkCupid with halfway decent results (I say halfway because I've dated several guys who I really enjoyed but all have been flawed - still, that may be a function of my age, lol, being in my 60's now).

As for life balance - is there a sporting activity you enjoy that is also social and involves men? That might kill 3 birds with one stone, no? I'm thinking a bicycling group, or salsa dancing, or rock climbing (or hey, if you live in/near a snowy climate, cross-country skiing - the men are buff and non-pretentious and when I tried it years ago, the ratio of men to women was super high!) Check out meetup.com for ideas?

As for grad school - be very clear on your reasons for wanting to go back. Will it significantly enhance your job satisfaction? Will it pay off in terms of dollars and cents?

P
Pax_luv Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hey KML, thanks for the suggestions.
I still haven’t pulled the trigger on the OLD. For some reason, I’ve become very untrusting of the sites and people on them. . I know it’s me and I should just do it. I used match a couple years ago (1yr post split and had good interactions). Sadly I just can’t afford it right now! I think my hesitation is just some more residual stuff from my sitch, but trust I’m ready to push through.

So it’s another riveting night at the house o’ Pax. It was an absolutely gorgeous day today and I was able to spend some time outdoors. It was nice.

I decided to spend the rest of the afternoon cleaning up my closet and putting the winter stuff away. I have wayyyyy too much crap/ clothes. I need to get rid of at least 50% of my belongings and even then, I know I’d still have a ton of clothes. I have a medium size apartment that has a walk in closet. It’s not huge by any means but it is filled to the brim with stuff. In addition to clothes and shoes, it has my various size backpacks, purses, luggage, sleeping bags, etc. And that does not bring me joy! I’m all about the kon Mari and I know that clutter blocks my good energy! I need to pull the trigger there as well to overhaul the wardrobe. The thing is, I actually do wear a lot of clothes. For work, I mostly wear suiting, which is just a lot of pieces. I have a lot of blazers and they are heavy and take up a lot of room. Then, I have my workout clothes. I have a lot of work out clothes!! It’s needed when you do 2-a-days. Then I have my lounge clothes for when I’m vegging at home. Then I have my weekend clothes which is also lounge clothes that I don’t mind wearing in public, jeans, or sundresses, etc and the occasional “going out” attire and cocktail dresses for my after hour events. Bleh. It’s too much.

I’ve toyed with the idea of getting rid of all my pants and blouses so I could just get by wearing dresses and blazers. It doesn’t get too cold in the winter here and I usually can make do with knee high boots and trench coats to keep warm. But as I look at some of my outfits, I realize that i do like them and I want to keep them. Bla bla bla.

Anyway...if your eyes aren’t bleeding yet from reading that nonsense.... it’s just all part of the journey of recreating a life that brings us lbs’s true joy and peace and meaning in the long run.

In addition to the very important apparel musings... I’ve also been sorting out some upcoming trips. I’m super excited to be invited back on a medical mission in the fall. I’m very much looking forward to that. Also my bestie just invited me to join her on her trip to Maui in the summer. She has a time share and will have a room going completely unused so she offered it up to me. I would just have to fork up the air faire. I would love to make it happen. I have 13 weeks of vacation on the books that I should definitely use! Just hoping my financials are in a better place by summer.

Me- 30's H- 40's
T-10 M-5
P
Pax_luv Offline OP
OP Offline
P
My Monday is starting off with a great chuckle courtesy of ex.

Many years ago when this all started, I went to a psychic (ok multiple psychics- don’t judge), because I would do ANYTHING to get a better grasp on my situation. I was spinning and going crazy because I hadn’t learned about this “stuff” nor have I ever dealed with such severe gaslighting. I’m recalling one night where I was just so distraut over everything that was happening and my ex is telling me that i broke his heart. (uhhhhh come again? I broke your heart... what exactly did I do again?? He was the one who was chasing his happiness and throwing out ultimatums left and right).

I digress.

Anyway, i met with one psychic and she knew nothing about me or why I was there. Right off the bat, she said she could tell that one person was bringing me a lot of sadness. I said yes. She said, he’s older than me but I’m the more mature one. She said he was emotionally very immature and he was going to be this way for a long time. After we discussed what actually was going on, she said he would grow up eventually but it wouldn’t be for a really really long time. Years and years.

Back to today- I was doing my normal dog swap and there were two ladies (possibly a mother daughter pair, but both grown women) were leaving the property at the same time. Whether they were leaving from my house or the rental flat, I don’t know nor care.

Normally I leave my dog off leash and he goes up to the door to go inside. But since these two ladies were out, i put on his leash to keep him close by should he choose to run up to the ladies.

So, the dog walks up to the door and I’m bending down to get him unhooked but he just runs inside. I was like, dog let me unhook you, but too late. The dog ran inside and ex shut the door on me. Well, it’s a retractable leash. So I can hear the dog pulling away from the other side of the door while the leash handle is still in my hand.

I’m thinking like, really ex, you can’t just open the door and take the leash???? Whatever!! So I put the leash down and walk away thinking what a child!!!

So, I get to my car, and I hear the door open with the leash quickly retracting back to the handle. It hits the tile with a loud crash. I turn around and see ex quickly door shuts and the leash is just sitting there now on the stoop.

He really is a juvenile. What great lengths he must go to in order to avoid me. Whatever. Reminds me of the time we ended up at the vets office at the same time and he wouldn’t take off his sunglasses indoors so he didn’t have to make eye contact. He also stood as far away from me as humanly possible. That sure must take some effort.

Oh well. I keep picturing it like a cartoon scenario! It was really funny and rediculous from my vantage point. #manchild

Me- 30's H- 40's
T-10 M-5
O
O
I swear Pax, I know mine is a real gem, but yours really takes the cake. How can there still be so much hostility? I suppose it likely relates to his unsuccessful court efforts but still. I constantly remind myself that the opposite of love is indifference, and when they still have so much hate, they are the ones that are having problems letting go.

J
J
Sounds like he’s instigating and trying to get a reaction out of you. Your shows of indifference bother him cause he thrives on conflict. So keep up the good work! It’s about him not about you. I started reading a very quick book called the Four Agreements that’s from the Barnes and Noble spiritual section and one of the agreements is “don’t take anything personally” cause it’s not about you. Sorry you are going through this.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
H
H
Hi Pax - eye roll on that leash story. So silly.

Sounds like you are doing well. Keep going!

Me 41, H 47, M 15 yrs, S11, S13
BD 1: 11/4/14 we work on it; really I pretzel myself
BD 2: 3/31/15 H goes down to "dorm room"
8/15: H back to MBR
10/15: H back in dorm room
1/18: H files, now divorced
P
Pax_luv Offline OP
OP Offline
P
One, juju, and hawho. Thanks for the replies. Good to hear from you.

Sadly... The man is so far out of orbit, there just aren’t any words.

It’s a little late over here and I can’t sleep. I have a little bit of excitement I think. We’re finalizing up the details of the next medical mission and I’m just really looking forward to the volunteer experience.

I was thinking about where my heart and mind were during the last time I went on this mission trip (2 years ago) and it blows my mind how much people can and do change over time. I say it on here all the time, but once you’ve been hanging out here for a few years while doing the work, it is nice to take a look in the rear view mirror and see how far you’ve come.

While I was reflecting, I had a slight panic because I thought I missed my divorce anniversary and just didn’t remember it at all. Haha. That was awesome! It’s actually a few more weeks away. Yep... I’m at the 1 year mark, and yet I still don’t have the judgement because their side never submitted it (its since been ordered by the court) and i still don’t have a settlement. It’s almost comical the s-show this has become. At least I’m at a place (right now) where I can sit back with some popcorn while watching this crazy story continue to unfold.

Been a quiet week legal-wise. The last week had a lot of stuff going about. The accountants have dug deep enough and are now uncovering a ton of info. It leads to more questions than answers, and definitely puts ex in the hot seat. He has some explaining to do.

Me- 30's H- 40's
T-10 M-5
J
J
It’s so crazy what gets uncovered. The worst projectors are the ones with the biggest secrets. I went through 5 years of cc statements and 3 years of bank withdrawals and discovered alcoholism and a most likely very expensive drug habit he was keeping secret. I stopped seeking, when my lawyer bills got too expensive and I assumed he had nothing to warrant the legal cost of it was being spent on drugs, but a part of me worried “what if he was hiding money from me for 3 years and not spending it on drugs?

Anyway, it sounds like his amo was a strong offense cause he has so much to be defensive over. I hope things work out as well as they can for you.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard