or CALL 303-444-7004 to get started right away!

A Divorce Busting® Coach can help you save your marriage, even when your spouse wants out.

Save your marriage singlehandedly!
Divorce Busting Telephone Coaching DISCOUNT
SAVE$30 -- 3-SESSIONS for ONLY $360
- valid until September 30

CALL 303-444-7004
or to order online at the Divorce Busting Store
use code SAVE$30

A Message from Michele
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Life Ain't Always Beautiful #2841624
03/13/19 08:51 PM
03/13/19 08:51 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Well, that thread went quickly....more quickly than my threads usually go, but this one's title is a nod to one of my favorite (and totally under-rated) country singers, Gary Allan. His song "Life Ain't Always Beautiful" was written (by him) when his wife committed suicide. It is a beautiful and somewhat haunting song when you know the story behind its beginning. The chorus is "life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride". So, so true.

For those of you following along in the home game version, my previous thread is linked below:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2834142#Post2834142

I have been super busy today trying to get a bunch of paperwork done. Tomorrow I have to sub most of the day, then Friday should be an easy day and I would imagine many of the faculty will make themselves scarce as early in the day as absolutely possible. I talked to my boss this morning about taking some time off during spring break and he told me to feel free to take whatever I'd like. So, woo hoo for that! I think I will use that time to go get a massage and try to get my spare room organized. Though I don't care for this phrase much, it is a freaking hot mess right now.

Life is just clicking right along pretty well as of late. Looking forward to time with Sparky this weekend and family time with a family dinner Sunday. I'm hoping to get some fun time in with my niece and nephews next week since everyone will be on spring break. We'll see how that goes.

It ain't always beautiful, but it is absolutely a beautiful ride!

Me 50, H51
3 adult daughters from XH's first marriage (plus 4 grandkids)
Divorce final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
2 adult daughters from current H's previous relationships
Re: Life Ain't Always Beautiful [Re: Dawn70] #2841628
03/13/19 08:56 PM
03/13/19 08:56 PM
K
kml Online
kml  Online
K
Amen!

Re: Life Ain't Always Beautiful [Re: Dawn70] #2841699
03/14/19 11:43 AM
03/14/19 11:43 AM
D
doodler Offline
doodler  Offline
D

Dawn,

Speaking of sad country songs, I watched "A Star is Born" recently. I occasionally watch a chick-flick, <spoiler alert> but that movie has a harsh ending. Ouch!

Re: Life Ain't Always Beautiful [Re: doodler] #2841725
03/14/19 02:10 PM
03/14/19 02:10 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Originally Posted by doodler

Dawn,

Speaking of sad country songs, I watched "A Star is Born" recently. I occasionally watch a chick-flick, <spoiler alert> but that movie has a harsh ending. Ouch!

Honestly, I'm not a real chick flick kinda girl all the time, so I haven't seen "A Star is Born"...at least not in this iteration, but then again, I'm not really a Lady Gaga fan. I'm not gaga over Gaga. I've seen the 70's Streisand/Kristofferson version and while I think Bradley Cooper is attractive, 70s Kristofferson was H.O.T!!!!!!!! Ouch is right on the ending, though. LOL

Me 50, H51
Divorce final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Re: Life Ain't Always Beautiful [Re: Dawn70] #2841766
03/14/19 05:14 PM
03/14/19 05:14 PM
D
doodler Offline
doodler  Offline
D
Originally Posted by Dawn70
Ouch is right on the ending, though.

Based on what I've read, the latest rendition has even more ouchie that the older versions of "A Star is Born." It's kind of related to the origins of the title of your current thread (hint hint). I prefer happy endings.

Re: Life Ain't Always Beautiful [Re: Dawn70] #2841767
03/14/19 05:15 PM
03/14/19 05:15 PM
D
doodler Offline
doodler  Offline
D

That's supposed to be "...more ouchie than the older versions..."

Re: Life Ain't Always Beautiful [Re: doodler] #2842010
03/15/19 08:13 PM
03/15/19 08:13 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Originally Posted by doodler

That's supposed to be "...more ouchie than the older versions..."

Yeah, I got it and I don't know, having only seen the '70's version. I probably won't watch this one, unless I'm really bored because it just isn't my kind of movie. I prefer lighter endings.

TGIF and even more so TGIF before spring break. Whew......I survived the first half of the semester. When we get back, we have a month of class then finals and we are done for the semester. I really do love my job, but I also really do need a break. I'm having some sort of mechanical issue with my truck, so I have to get that addressed next week. And, I swear, I am going to evict myself if I do not get in the spare room and get it cleaned up and reorganized. It is so bad I had to just close the door and walk away. LOL In fact, I plan on doing a good deep cleaning of my whole house while I'm off next week which will give me exercise and a clean house and keep me occupied so I don't think about the fact that I don't have a vehicle because my truck is in the shop and I won't want to go somewhere because if I go somewhere I will just spend money. It is all a vicious cycle. LOL

Sparky and I are going to have a low-key, quiet weekend at home and just hang out, which I'm SO looking forward to going into my week off. Next weekend, we have tickets to go with my sister and her husband to see Alabama and the Charlie Daniels Band. I'm super stoked about that because Alabama was the very first concert I ever saw.

While I was all over being in wedding planning mode right after the first of the year, that has come to a stop for now. I was in a rush mainly because I wanted to get a venue chosen, but now that we know the venue we want is not going to be snapped up for a New Year's Eve party (it is a church), the urgency isn't there. And, honestly, most of the other details are already lined out, so there really isn't much left to do besides get a dress (I have one picked, just not ordered yet) and get his ring. I'll get back on it this summer when I have more time.

Life continues to be good and I'm happy with where I am. I'm in a good place and I'm just so thrilled to be here.

Me 50, H51
Divorce final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Re: Life Ain't Always Beautiful [Re: Dawn70] #2842535
03/19/19 01:38 PM
03/19/19 01:38 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Spring break is HERE! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I worked yesterday and am working today to get some stuff done while the faculty are off campus and I'm not interrupted a gazillion times a day to take care of others' needs, but then I'm off the rest of the week. Sadly, I have to put my truck in the shop so that is going to cost me money I wasn't looking to spend this week, at least on non-fun stuff, but oh well. It has to be done. I had just planned on staying home and getting some housework and organizing done anyway, so being without a vehicle is not that serious.

Sparky and I had a nice weekend. Pretty low-key. We did end up going to see a movie because he had to get his eyeglasses repaired, so we caught a movie while we waited for them to fix his glasses. We saw "Captain Marvel" and we both really liked it. Good movie, nice date. Sunday, we enjoyed a family lunch with my family and we had a great time.

Warmer, sunnier days are here this week and it is so nice after the weird, cold rainy days we were having before. First day of spring is near and it finally seems like spring. Of course, I will be griping about it already being hot in no time, but that is Arkansas weather for you. LOL

Me 50, H51
Divorce final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Re: Life Ain't Always Beautiful [Re: Dawn70] #2843419
03/26/19 03:38 PM
03/26/19 03:38 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Spring break is over and we are back to the real world this week. It was a bit of a delayed start, though, as when I came in yesterday, a transformer had blown on campus and there was no power in my building. About 11:00, the university finally cancelled all the classes for the day in our building, so my boss told me to go home because I couldn't really do anything sitting in the dark anyway. So, after being off most of last week, I got to go home early yesterday too. I'm here today for a full day, but it is an easy day so I'm easing back into it.

I had to put my truck in the shop last week and Sparky helped me get it there Tuesday. They didn't finish with it until Friday, so my 3 days off were spent at home. My dad told me I could borrow a truck from him, but it would've been a bit of a hassle to go get one and return it and all, so I just hung out at home for those days with my dog, getting some housework done, enjoying the spring temps outside with her, and reading and just generally being lazy. I did have to go somewhere one day, so I just waited til Sparky got off work and I borrowed his car for a little bit to run my errands. The truck repairs ended up costing more than I had hoped, so it was kind of a blessing in disguise to have to stay home those days because it kept me from spending money on stuff I didn't need to. LOL

We went on a double date with my sister and brother-in-law Saturday night to see Alabama in concert on their 50th anniversary tour. Such a great show! Charlie Daniels opened for them and I LOVE CDB, so that was great too. We had a really good time. The show was fantastic, the company was great and we ate at Red Robin, so the food was outstanding. All in all, a great weekend experience.

I was kind of having a down day yesterday and I'm not really sure where it came from. It kind of snuck up on me, actually, because I enjoyed my time off last week and I enjoyed my weekend with Sparky. Maybe it was just the sadness of coming back to work after having such a good time off......don't know.

The countdown to summer break is on and it will come fast and furious now. I don't know what it is about the weeks after spring break, but they do seem to move faster, as a whole, than the rest of the year. Graduation is 6 weeks out and that time will pass in the blink of an eye. The only big plans we have in April is our engagement and family picture shoot that we have been planning and have had to postpone a couple of times. I can't wait. I'm so excited about that. May will bring our trip to NWA to stay in the train car cabin. Can't wait for that! 2 nights, 3 days in a cabin in the woods with a private hot tub and no wifi. WOO HOO! That is calling my name VERY loudly right now.

At some point, I have to get back on track with wedding planning and get some things done and I also need to get back on planning my oldest daughter's 30th birthday party. We are talking about doing a spa get-away for her. I need to work on that because it will be here before we know it.

Life is good, love is good, I'm happy (other than those weird occasional down days that still crop up occasionally).

Me 50, H51
Divorce final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Re: Life Ain't Always Beautiful [Re: Dawn70] #2843735
03/28/19 06:28 PM
03/28/19 06:28 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Despite the shortened week, thanks to Monday's unexpected day off due to power outage, I'm glad it is almost Friday. It has been a good week, but I'm ready for the weekend. Sparky and I are planning another quiet, low-key weekend at home and it will be nice to just hang out and chill. I'm really kind of a homebody. Though I have a job that forces me to be extroverted, I'm actually a bit of an introvert, so dealing with people all week leaves me ready for time away from peopling when the weekend rolls around. Fortunately, Sparky is good with that and we find plenty of ways to entertain ourselves.

I may have found my wedding dress online last night. I found one I liked a month or so ago and though I was looking, I kept coming back to that one. I looked again last night, because I had a different idea and found one that I think I like even better. They were both super inexpensive and my sister suggested checking the return policy on both and if I could return them to just go ahead and order both and put them on to see which I preferred. Neither is a traditional wedding dress. The first one is actually a mother of the bride dress, champagne color, fairly plain but with some lovely lace detail. I'm not super girly, so it suits my style in that it is pretty without being super flashy/girly/sparkly. The one I found last night is a bridesmaid dress and it is pink. My wedding colors are navy and blush pink with gold and mint green accents, so I like the pink. I told my sister she could wear whatever she wanted and she's been leaning toward something navy so if I wore the pink that would look great. Then, I had the thought last night that rather than carrying pink roses, which was my original intent, I could carry white ones and let her carry pink. I'm leaning heavily that direction.....we'll see. I wore a traditional white gown with a veil for the first one, but while I still want a long dress (wedding is in winter so I think long dress is appropriate), I don't need a big fancy extravagant wedding dress. Also, since it is my 2nd marriage, I think we can break with tradition a tad and go without a veil. I figure it is my wedding, so I can do what I want. LOL

Anyway, I'm rambling, so I guess I should go do something productive. I have to sub a class tomorrow, so I need to go over my notes because I'm teaching something different than what I taught in my own class earlier in the week. Big fun! WOO HOO!

Me 50, H51
Divorce final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, job, Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004