Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
B
B
Originally Posted by DejaVu6
I think too many people get complacent and take things for granted when they get married and just rely on the vows we took to carry us through the day-to-day grind that life can be. I know that I often thought of things that I would like to do but would always put them off for a time that was more convenient, or when we had more money or when I was thinner or when... you get the picture. Tomorrow rarely, if ever, comes when you live your life like that. If there is anything I have learned from this experience, it is to never put off what you can do today as you may not get a tomorrow. Tough lesson to learn but so valuable. I won't forget it if I ever am lucky enough to be in love again. smile

I absolutely agree with DV.

I’m pretty sure I got complacent to an extent, and just relied on the vows.

Since the ILYBINILWY BD initially back around last February, one of my personal mantras has been to go ahead and take the chance and not put things off—you may only get one chance.

I often tell my students that if you have the chance to tell someone you love them, take it—because no one is promised a tomorrow. This is why I often affirm my students when I have a chance—I tell them in person or email their parents to tell them how I really feel about them.

2 of my favorite quotes, and they are related: “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” (Wayne Gretzky); and “You get 100% of what you don’t ask for” (for some reason, that expression never made sense to my W)

M: 36
W: 30
T: 9
M: 7

S6 (OS)
S7mo (YS)

ILYBINILWY BD: Feb. ‘18

W Wants S / D BD: 1/4/19

H / W still in-house

D papers from W: 3/14/19
A
A
Originally Posted by DejaVu6
I think that is a good advertisement for not getting married...lol.

Well yeah there is that. We lived together briefly when she tried to renew a lease at the last minute and found out she couldn't, she was living at my house maybe a month and wow did things deteriorate. We get along much better just dating and living apart. I have a friend who actually lives separately from her husband. They have a daughter together. They separated, then once they separated they started seeing each other and got along much better, so they decided they would stay married but live apart!

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
B
BluWave Offline OP
OP Offline
B

Last edited by BluWave; 03/22/19 09:05 PM.

“Forgiveness liberates the soul. It removes fear. That is why it is such a powerful weapon.” – Nelson Mandela
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard