S

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
HER DIVORCE IS FINAL...8/18/17
Dropping the rope to SURVIVE & THRIVE!!!
S
SBJ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
JOURNALING:

Today is the 2 year anniversary of my ex leaving. It is funny how our perspectives change over time. I have immersed myself in building myself back up from the inside out. I have come to realize that I like myself and that maybe she didn't like the person I had morphed into while bending over backward to try and take care of her. I became the yes man that everybody always makes fun of in politics. Anything she wanted I made happen. There was no me left.

God sometimes pushes us into uncomfortable situations so that we can become the people that he intended us to be. I feel that that is what happened in our case. I am not discounting the fact that she is in MLC, but I am saying that she needed to work on herself and I definitely needed to work on myself.

I have and will continue to pray for her and especially our children. I still cannot believe that 2 years has flown by. I am going to take a extra long weekend and spend time with my 2 brothers and several close friends out in nature. I pray that God blesses us with beautiful weather and plentiful game to hunt.

I am not posting on my own sitch much anymore, but I am most definitely following along with several of you that I feel like are my own siblings. I pray that you all find the peace that we are all seeking.

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
G
G
Glad to see you here, SBJ. I think of you so often and always wonder how you are, and I always remember you and your W in my prayers. Your faith is always a light to me in the dark dark night!

I believe I will see the bounty of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord with courage.
Be stouthearted, and wait for the Lord.
S
SBJ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Gerda, I appreciate the prayers and the kind words. I keep up with your sitch as well, but have decided to pray for you and your husband instead of add my $.02 with my words. Besides, it seems that you are getting some good advice from Gordie and DnJ.

I am looking forward to having a long weekend away from the craziness of our lives. Time spent in the woods is time spent with God in my mind. I wish everyone of us here had the opportunity to get away in that way. It truly calms the soul and the mind.

Whitetail hunting and fly fishing are on my agenda for the next 4/5 days. That and time spent with my brothers and a group of men that are like my brothers. Faith, family, friends, food and fun...make for a great time.

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
G
G
This sounds perfect. I do sometimes get to go to our rentalcabin or to other out-of-city places, and I agree that you can feel God in a way that is very immediate when in His creation. I feel him often in my church, which was built in the 19th century and is very very beautiful; but in God's own creation it is something else for sure. Will you do me a favor? When you are in the deep woods or looking out over the water in dusk or some other gorgeous time, will you say the prayer of Saint Patrick for me? And tell me about it after?

Do you know it? It's the one that starts, "Christ, be with me. Christ above me, Christ below me..."

I believe I will see the bounty of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord with courage.
Be stouthearted, and wait for the Lord.
S
SBJ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Will do Gerda...I have the extended version. I will that and many others when I am alone with Him in His creation. Have a great weekend!!!

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
G
G
SBJ

I am glad you are well

I miss your posts but understand

And I appreciate your prayers

I feel you were praying for me

When I could not pray for myself

Gordie 40s W 40s M20+ kids
2016 BD W fantasy affair w OM1 I do everything wrong
2017 I start to DB W says TLTL files for D PA w OM2
2018 I do LRT W drops filing and OM2 situation slowly improving
L
L
To SBJ and also to Gordie- I don't know if you remember me~ I'm a ghost from the past! I haven't been on the forum for some time now. I just felt I needed a break. Recently several things have come up that have brought me back here to this wonderful safe place! I can't seem to locate my old thread, but I have looked through several trying to recognize familiar names. I'm going to read back through both your updates and see what's happened to you, but from the little I've read, it seems you are both doing well.
In His time.....

M-60 H-51
M-14 years
BD 12/26/16
S 1/1/17

"First the pain, then the rising."
Glennon Doyle Melton

B
B
leahsue,

just click your username, click show posts and the click topics created

M:46 WXW:40
T:20 M:13
D3,D8,D10
BD:11/12/16
D:12/14/16
OM confirmed 01/20/17
S
SBJ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Journaling...I have been absent in writing, but have been following several of my marathon buddies here.

Christmas was interesting for sure. I was invited, yet again, by her parents (divorced) to each of their Christmas parties as well as to dinner at her sisters house on Christmas Eve. All of the parties were enjoyable and I was even able to visit with the W for a little bit. My oldest and I went to her house Christmas morning to open gifts and have breakfast before driving to Houston to one of my brothers homes for my families Christmas party. Whether it is proper DB or not, I did invite her to join us, but it was refused due to her already having plans. I knew that she would turn that down, but I had to ask. I know that it is a year away, but I don't know if I can continue to do joint Christmas things with her again. While it is great to have that time together, it is also emotionally draining.

The holidays are great for so many reasons, but they truly stink for others. I think that I am blessed that I have so many friends, family and extended family that want to spend time with us during the holidays, but the loneliness weighs heaviest for me from Halloween thru New Years. I guess it is because that last quarter is usually the most family oriented time of the year.

I am so grateful that we have this safe place to let go of some things that are weighing us down at times. You guys are great cheer leaders, as well as welcome 2x4 swingers when needed.

I received a text from the w asking if I could watch my youngest two during her week because she is going out of town...I guess I have picked the rope back up a bit, because I now have the wonders. The who, what, where kind of wonders. I will continue to try and drop the rope again and might have to post a bit more often for some much needed 2x4's. I welcome them from most of you guys.

I pray that you all had a good Christmas and that many miracles flowed your ways.

I'm sure I will have more to come, but until then...Happy New Year!!!

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard