Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
job Offline
Irish,

I smiled when I read your recent posting. You have been and continue to be a terrific dad and your girls know it. They are growing up fast and are acknowledging all that you have done to keep them safe and happy. What a wonderful homecoming!

Wishing you and your girls all of the best in the years to come and definitely enjoy Ireland...so much to see and do and the people are so gifted in the arts and I can't say enough about their being so friendly and helpful to strangers.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
M
M
Irish,

One parent can make all the difference.

Love your and your daughter's journeys. Awesome.

Mirage

M
M
Irish,

You're amazing dad,

This is so hard for us LBS, but when there is
young kids involved is so much harder.

And as you said Only with time
We all heal.

Your girls are lucky and so are you to have them. smile

At BD
Lesbian marriage
Me39,W36
S9,D9,S8 adopted all three
Together almost 10yrs
Bomb Drop - April 2017
W movedout - May,2017
OW June,2017
Currently 2018
Me40, W38
S10,D10,S9
I
Irish M Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hope you are all doing well in this journey we all share.

a little update from XW. Well it was me who had to reach out to her. Where I live we are having our property assessments done. The original property lines are outdated and they will be measuring properties with advanced equipment. I figure they are just looking to increase land calculations per property so they can turn it into tax revenue.

So they requested the original property plan that was used when I purchased the house. I need to have it or I need to pay a surveyor to redo it and get it stamped by the notaty at the bank. a few hundred dollars.

I looked all over and couldn't find it. Then it hit me. My XW when she left took a lot of paper work out of the files. Most of it was old files that should of been shredded any way. But this folder was a keeper. So i messaged her

the response i got was a no surprise.

I texted a simple question. Hi, would you happen to have the property plans we had done when we purchased the house?

she replied right away.

I don't need to hear from you. If the girls want to message me the door is open. It's not the case for YOU!!!

that's nice, but its not what I was asking about. The property plans we had when we went to the notary, do you have them?

Listen. I won't help you. I won't message the girls. You all have to understand I have a new life. YOU are not part of it.

XW, this isn't about the girls, you know they are teens and they won't make the first move. You are the adult. If you chose not to its a Dead end. Concerning me, i am not asking to be part of your life. I need only the plans for the property.
Sorry to have bothered you. I see anger is still prominent. Have a great day

Well YOU are not in my life!!! The girls know how to reach me.

So that didn't go as planned. lol . so i'm out 900$

I sense anger will be part of her path. It's sad really.

on a happier note. Girls are doing great in school. D18 she is top of her class this semester , a big change from last year. D16 is also hitting the honor roll. They have both stepped up in school and I am so proud.

As for myself. Planning our summer weekends and most of all our trip to Ireland after my 50th birthday. We are so excited.
I lucked out on the flights. I almost booked WOW airlines 2 weeks ago for the trip. Good thing I didn't , they just closed shop today. No refunds.

take care everyone.

M51
XW43 (38 at bd)
BD1 MAY 30 2015
BD2 JUNE 25 2015 by text
moved out Aug 2 2015
left both Daughters 13 and 15 (now 18-20)
Her divorce Final July 26 2016
Last time she saw her kids Aug 2 2015
K
kml Offline
K
Phew! So glad you dodged the Wow bullet! You're a great dad and you'll have a fantastic trip with your girls.

job Offline
Irish,

Some of them remain angry and bitter to the very end of time. I know that my xh is like that. I'm sorry she wasn't helpful and all she could have said was yes or no and nothing more. She just wanted to bait and vent at you. I'm glad you shut her down in a very polite manner. Your lawyer will be getting a letter shortly about the contact.

Gosh, I'm so glad you didn't book w/WOW. I saw the story on the news last night.

Congratulations to your D18 on being at the top of her class this semester and D16 is hitting the honor roll. It just goes to show just has great a father that you are.

I know that you will enjoy Ireland. It's a beautiful and magical place. The people are very friendly and very gifted in the arts. Lots to see and do.

Have a great weekend!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
C
C
Hey Irish!!

Your XW never fails to deliver a "wow...just wow" for me. In a realy strange way I feel sorry for her, if she ever wakes up, all that time lost with the girls she can never get back yanno?

You handled it better than I would have with 900 chicken tenders on the line, but what can you do.... ugh.

Good to see you still posting an update here, hope life treats you kindly my friend!!

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

H
H
Irish - despite her usual antics, glad to read you and your girls are doing well.

You are a tank!

Me 41, H 47, M 15 yrs, S11, S13
BD 1: 11/4/14 we work on it; really I pretzel myself
BD 2: 3/31/15 H goes down to "dorm room"
8/15: H back to MBR
10/15: H back in dorm room
1/18: H files, now divorced
B
B
Hi Irish,
sounds like all is the same in eew's world, "me me me and myself and I"

you and the girls are so far from where she left you all, and that's because you've done the hard work, set a shining example for your daughters and us reading along here.

so proud of your girls!!! what a great feeling of accomplishment they must have as must you as well.

50!!! getting up there, old bean! Welcome to my decade! May it bring you all good things! xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
N
N
Just keep the lighthouse shining for your girls. Be proud of who you are man.

My best wishes!

WW H(me): 53
W: 48
T: 27 M: 22
S: 18
Piecing since 03/2016
Saw the light in the storm
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard