Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
V
V
Originally Posted by Irish M
hi OLW
2019 will also be a year of adventure. So many trips planned. Ireland this summer will be our big one as well as all the kayak camping, Boston and New York. I will be 50 this summer and Ireland was always on my list to do at 50. That and Iceland. I might mix them both as Iceland is a HUB when lying to Europe.

You better not be lying to Europe. We take stuff like that very seriously. laugh

Ireland is awesome, in fact I am just flying to Dublin next Wednesday.

P
P
Ireland is pretty great. Def check out the cliffs of Moher if you can... unbelievable. Stay in the town of Doolin and hike along the cliffs. It was amazing!

job Offline
I totally agree...Ireland is awesome! Such beautiful landscapes, lots to see and the Irish are such friendly and talented people. You will enjoy yourself for sure.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
R
R
Hi Irish , i was in iceland in Nov, awesome place , be sure to go to the blue lagoon and if your heading to ireland , i would love to meet you for a Guinness!!!!

D
DnJ Offline
D
Hello Irish

Nice to see the girls getting their grades back up. Good for them!

Ah, the joys of house hunting. You might get lucky and find something suitable and what you are looking for. However, there is a certain appeal to building new. You get the layout and look you want, with modern insulation etc....

Still, being the owner of a 150+ year old house, I can see appeal for the authentic character an old home brings.

Well now, that didn’t promote much of anything. smile

It sounds like you have a busy summer shaping up. Should be a great time.

DnJ

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
J
J
Check out WOW air. They seem to have discounts from europe to the states with stopovers in Iceland. Boston trips were super cheap. I have been thinking of doing something similar.

Thats a great resolution. Much more then i am ready for. Glad your daughters are doing well.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
I
Irish M Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hi everyone.
Job, RD, Pinn, Vapo, JujuB, DnJ
you are all so right. Ireland will be our trip of all trips.
Me hitting 50 and spending it with my girls. I couldn't ask for anything else.

Vapo, no Lying in europe.. promise. lol. I`m Irish Canadian, I think it`s against my nature.
RD, would love to share a pint with you.

well, someones birthday just past. Went without a whisper from her. The girls said nothing. Was a regular day in the Irish household. For some it just came and went. XW did not even message them , telling them that they should respect her and wish her happy birthday. This was a first year of silence.

a few days past and D18 said.. oh it was Moms birthday a few days ago. I said yes. Then she went on saying.
You know dad. I`m not mad at her anymore. I don`t think about her as much.

I said, well I`m so happy the anger is gone. Time does that.

then she said. But if I see her I know the anger will come back. I`ll tell her straight.

I replied .. D18, that is ok too. You are allowed to express yourself in any manner you please. If one day you do see her and you need to express your feelings. Don`t hold back. Its for you to let it out.

a day after that it was mental health day here in Canada. D16 said to D18 . It`s sad, so many people with metal illness. Some don`t even realize it. I hope if I go off to left field you will pull me back in and get me help. D18 said. you know I will and Daddy will too. We are ( our last names) . We are strong, we communicate and we are there for each other.

D16 then said and started crying. It`s sad that Moms family didn`t help her or us. That they let her do what she did and even cheered her on.

I reminded them that even if her family tried. Their mom was on a mission, out of control herself.

thats why talking about it. sharing feelings, letting things not get bottled up is so important.

That was a few days ago. I then left for a 3 days days on business. I got back this evening. The house was clean, dishes done., driveway shoveled, back deck cleared off, dog cleaned and a supper waiting. They were on the couch watching youtube. I was in awe. i called them into the kitchen and thanked them. I usually come home and i need to pick up a few things and get the dishwasher going. D18 said, you can`t do it all alone daddy.

Like I always said here. Love your kids. They will surprise you and the added work you do to make sure they survive this will pay off.

have a good night and weekend. I know mine if off to a great start .

M51
XW43 (38 at bd)
BD1 MAY 30 2015
BD2 JUNE 25 2015 by text
moved out Aug 2 2015
left both Daughters 13 and 15 (now 18-20)
Her divorce Final July 26 2016
Last time she saw her kids Aug 2 2015
G
G
O Irish

Your story made me so happy

You are an amazing dad

It only takes one sane parent

And you are a champ

Gordie 40s W 40s M20+ kids
2016 BD W fantasy affair w OM1 I do everything wrong
2017 I start to DB W says TLTL files for D PA w OM2
2018 I do LRT W drops filing and OM2 situation slowly improving
D
D
Wow...wonderful tribute to a great dad. Sounds like your kids have learned a lot from you. I hope you have an AMAZING trip. Ireland is definitely on my bucket list. I did an Alaskan cruise with my twin for our 50th last year. Next week is 51. Crazy how much one’s life can change in a year. Hope you have a fantastic weekend!! smile

P
P
You are Awesome and did such a great job with a very difficult situation

I am amazed and happy to read how so many LBS move on to create very productive, stable lives and how the kids usually adjust, forgive and thrive-
great testimony for the new person arriving here

married 14 years
H 42
bomb 2/07 IDLYA
D final 3 /09
M ow D ow
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard