Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
C
Coconut Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Lovely has popped back up in my life, she started texting me a couple of days ago and just let me know that her "BF" is talking about breaking up and reuniting his family (an ex gf with his child).. I must be insane, but I think I just may follow that path for awhile. Truth is, I don't have any interest in "letting someone in" right now, no desire to find someone who meshes well with me. I have no feeling of Love towards lovely, but the sexual chemistry is extreme, and quite honestly I feel like that's what I want for right now.. Bad idea, yup, but will be / should be fun..

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
V
V
It's dating.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

C
Coconut Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Just dating, I guess you could call it that, but in this case it's just sex, cause there really isn't any thing else drawing me in.. But that's ok, because when something is really good, and everything else is just "acceptable", at least it's clear what's going on.

M - 9 1/2 years
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
C
Coconut Offline OP
OP Offline
C
A friend of mine just came to pick up her dog that I've been watching since Thursday, same friend that will be watching Tink (my dog) for 2 weeks when I go to Alaska with my mom next month... Her dog is an Australian shepherd, a breed that I've heard is one of the smartest, albeit seems a bit high strung in my opinion.. In fact my friend brought a prescription of doggie valium in case she gets to wound up.. Well, overall they got along fine, altough I brlieve that is only cause Tink (my dog) just doesn't give a f, kinda like her owner.. Morgan, the Aussie, was constantly body blocking Tink to keep her away from me, but Tink had the confidence to know how I felt about her to just go with the flow. She just laid down to sleep where it was comfy to do so, not worried about getting to her "normal spots".

I have got to give credit to Tink, she didn't value herself based on where she was able to easily rest her head, she just rested her head where she was comfortable, knowing that it didn't deminish her value based on her proximity to me.. Because I love my dog I stepped in to remind the Aussie who the alpha is on occasion, it was interesting to see the dynamics going on between the two dogs (Morgan outweighs Tink by 15-20 lbs)..

M - 9 1/2 years
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
G
G
Tap that a$$ C-nut....

I am so crude......

V
V
Just saying thank you

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

F
F
Originally Posted by Coconut
A friend of mine just came to pick up her dog that I've been watching since Thursday, same friend that will be watching Tink (my dog) for 2 weeks when I go to Alaska with my mom next month... Her dog is an Australian shepherd, a breed that I've heard is one of the smartest, albeit seems a bit high strung in my opinion.. In fact my friend brought a prescription of doggie valium in case she gets to wound up.. Well, overall they got along fine, altough I brlieve that is only cause Tink (my dog) just doesn't give a f, kinda like her owner.. Morgan, the Aussie, was constantly body blocking Tink to keep her away from me, but Tink had the confidence to know how I felt about her to just go with the flow. She just laid down to sleep where it was comfy to do so, not worried about getting to her "normal spots".

I have got to give credit to Tink, she didn't value herself based on where she was able to easily rest her head, she just rested her head where she was comfortable, knowing that it didn't deminish her value based on her proximity to me.. Because I love my dog I stepped in to remind the Aussie who the alpha is on occasion, it was interesting to see the dynamics going on between the two dogs (Morgan outweighs Tink by 15-20 lbs)..

OMG, love, love, love this!

Have fun dating!!

Me: 48, XH: 42
T: 18 years, M: 15 years

EA/PA 1: 6/2012
EA/PA 2: from autumn 2012-present

BD: 5/2013
ILYBNILWY BD & left: 10/2015

OW conceived: 8/2016
Born: 4/2017

H filed: 7/2017
D final: 28/12/2017
C
Coconut Offline OP
OP Offline
C

I mentioned awhile ago that I was looking into the KETO way of eating, basically it's a high fat / moderate protein / low carb way of eating. When eating KETO, you basically do two things, don't eat anything that your body processes into carb energy (i.e. sugar) and track your macros to make sure you get the nutrients your body needs (protein) and don't eat more than your body needs (fat) and limit carbs (did you know onions are high in carbs?).

I've been transitioning slowly, because the key to KETO is getting into a ketosis state (where your body burns fat for energy instead of carbs), and there are a lot of ingredients that can take you out of ketosis, things that you wouldn't expect (such as sugar in spice mixes, preservatives) so you really need to research most groceries you buy. It's been an amazing learning experience for me so far. I started with breakfast, which for the most part is easy cause I really like bacon, sausage and eggs, but I took time to figure out new breakfast recipes to make, buy oils, spices, etc that were KETO friendly. I then moved to lunch, which took a little time to figure out things to make that are convenient enough to grab and go on the way to work, snacks, etc. Now I've moved to dinner.

I am becoming a better cook than I ever though I would be. I have always enjoyed barbecuing, whether it be grilling, low and slow indirect heat or smoking. I know a lot about bar-b-q and it's been a hobby for quite awhile (I have 6 grills), but I always struggled when I would try and cook a new recipe in the kitchen, I would read something that I just didn't understand, like when they would say to blanch something. But now, I'm making my own mayo (which is very easy and you can leave out preservatives, etc), blending my own spice mixes (like taco seasoning, pot roast seasonings, etc), and just really enjoying learning new ways and things to cook. I picked up an instant pot during prime day, so been learning to cook with that as well (it was actually intimidating to use the first time). So now I am trying new foods/recipes and cooking multiple ways (sous vide, instant pot, grills, crock pot, gas stove).

I learned yesterday that you can use cauliflower to use as a rice and a mashed potatoes substitute, I haven't tried it yet (coming soon), and that you can use radishes to replace whole or cut potatoes, seems crazy but people claim that they taste pretty similar to potatoes. The thing is, I'm not doing this as a diet, I'm doing this to eat healthier, so I'm really putting in the work to understand the principles, find new recipes that are tasty and ways to cook the recipes that are convenient, and fast when needed (the pressure cooker cooks really fast). So far, I'm pretty pleased with how it's going.

M - 9 1/2 years
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
G
G
Ah, so you are doing Keto! I just cut the carbs and sugar, but I am not completely doing keto right now. I am doing it as a way of life too, to detox a bit. And to lose the 10lbs I put on. plus some. But to lose the weight to be healthier.

I know many people have been successful in that way of living, but it is kind of confusing trying to get the right amounts of fats and "macros". I also refuse to give up my wine, which I can have in small doses cutting the carbs and the sugar.

I have had my pressure cooker for over a year and I love the thing. You can make some great dishes in barely any time. Try the Mississippi roast which is keto friendly and so is the Kalua Pork. It's one of my favs, freezes and reheats very nicely well.

I use cauliflower for rise and potatoes and it really is a decent substitute. If you have a Trader Joes by you, they have pretty affordably already diced/shredded options to take all the grunt work out.

I don't know if I am allowed to do this, but please feel free to take out if needed,

But ruledme.com is a great keto resource.

C
Coconut Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks for the suggestion Ginger, i made the Mississippi roast and it really is good, I've always liked pot roasts, but my favorite part has always been the carrots, potatoes and onions that usually go in it.. I wasn't sure if I'd like a roast without the other fixins I'm used to having with it, but the change of flavor with the pepperoncini's made it like a whole different meal and I didn't miss the fixins, I just made some broccoli to go with it, haven't gotten around to trying the cauliflower rice or mashed yet..

I went a little crazy this weekend, in addition to the roast, I made a lasagna with cheese wraps replacing the noodles (I made the cheese wraps myself, although you can buy them), I also made something called easy crack chicken in the crockpot that I didn't really care for, and another dish called easy crack slaw (basically seasoned ground beef and cabbage) that came out really good. I went a little over board, but other than a kayak trip down the river on Saturday I didn't do much over the weekend and I was enjoying trying out the recipes.

I've recently put myself on a pretty strict budget, I've decided to try and get myself financially set for retirement in 10 years, which will mean paying off my house ahead of schedule (I got a 15 year mortgage) and adding more money to my retirement accounts. I don't know if I will retire in 10 years, but I've decided that I want the option, I guess it will depend on who is in my life at that time and where I want my life to go.

As for my social life, I've been keeping pretty busy, going roller skating (lol, this should be interesting) with GG and some other friends tomorrow, I'm heading up to the mountains Thursday for a long weekend camping trip that will be filled with a lot of kayaking in rivers and fishing; I've been talking to a new girl and we may go to the comi-con the weekend after next (gotta figure out a costume if I decide to go); my trip to Alaska is getting close, we leave in just over 3 weeks and then I'm going to try and make a trip down to my sons University soon after I get back, he moves into his dorm in two weeks and I won't have the opportunity to visit before I leave on my trip.

M - 9 1/2 years
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard