Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
So it's time to think about getting back to dating:

The ever insightful Wonka advised when I was ready I should ask the universe for what I want and then behave as if that person was already in my life

So here goes my new partner and there will be a vision board (no face of course attached to this as it would mess with another and that is unfair)

Free, my new partner is free to be with me, not in any kind of R including any addiction or commitment

Healthy, my new partner is healthy and active, glowing in fact, they look after themselves, eat well and exercise, they love to dance and are interested in the world

Loving, my new partner is loving and caring, has a loyal family and friends

Financially sound, my new partner is independent and free of fin burdens

Happy, my new partner is happy and willing to explore the world, laughs a lot and has a great sense of humour

Physical, my new partner loves the physical side of an R, physical touch and enjoys regular sex

Attractive and well groomed, my partner and his tidy clean home looks after himself, takes care of himself and enjoys social activities

Has their sh*T together, is committed to personal growth and is excited by life and it's possibilities

Fits easily into my life and visa versa, can communicate and is emotionally sound, is excited to be with me

----------------------------

I have begun to realise to have this person in my life then I must be the type of person working to become the above

From today I will behave as if this person is already in my life, I will make the space for this R.

I look forward to meeting my new partner.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

R
R
Hi Lady V , so glad you are approaching this so positively. Your critia sounds great and don't settle for less, remember your the catch here , much like I told Sotto, you are the prize and the gentleman you pick to share your life will be a very very lucky guy.

Is there an online application form ?, I'm not quite there is some categories but you could keep my CV on file !!!!

Positivity is the correct and only road, i see many on here who seem to take a few steps on that road but always head back down the negative road at the first hurdle. You have picked the right road and stay on it regardless. You have the strength and the determination, your Pa gave them both to you in your genes.

Stay strong, Rd

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
RD, you always know the right things to say.

Afraid the application forms is a paper one....

I am an old fashioned girl

But I know my special RD meets all the categories so no filing needed!

RD you do have a real excellent point about aged pa and the genes. It goes with stuborness I guess.

V

V 64, WAW

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Final Goodbye to the G

Yesterday I forwarded the last cheque in settlement to you. The last of my resentment settled with every pound I paid.

I married for love, you married for money and kept on taking. When I would not give you took and stole. You used abuse tactics and you really frighten me.

So what have I learned from you and being with you?

I have learned how strong I am, I have learned I am a survivor. I have learned to love me more.

Love is never wasted, that love I had was real and a wonderful thing. Precious and it's your loss not mine. I still have that love.

I have learned how to recognise these flags and how to stay out of trouble. I have a very close connection to family and friends. I have learned who is my tribe. I have learned it is OK to be V with all her faults and foibles. I have learned to receive love and to be authentic. I have learned to walk to the pain. I have learned how to choose love even when I am in pain.

So G, goodbye. I have no doubt that you will come after me for money again as you have said so and I will fight you like I will fight any unfair attack. As if you were any other obnoxious being.

I do not forgive you, I have no need, when you are faced with your mortality then ask your higher power to forgive you. Not my concern. I neither wish you well or ill. I hope you behave better for the sake of those around you but really it is not my concern.

Goodbye, farewell, adios, go away and stay away.

I am breathing and have moved on.

Completely done.

V

V 64, WAW

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
So dating adventures

I have my first date on Sunday for swimming and coffee.

He is young, 39!

But it's just a date and I could be making a friend.

V

V 64, WAW

job Offline
Vanilla,

He may be young, but age is just a number. Go and have some fun. You owe it to yourself to just relax and enjoy swimming and a coffee w/someone new. He could turn out to be a really good friend.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
G
G
Yeah girl, go get em'!

B
B
banana sling or skinny dipping ??? with proseco???

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
K
kml Offline
K
Age IS just a number. My experience dating younger men was that they really appreciated a confident woman who could carry an intelligent conversation.

Only one had any issues of any kind (he was raised in a cult - a different location but the same cult that River Phoenix grew up in - and was still trying to find his place in normal society.) Even he though was excellent company and quite sweet.

Of course, if you were to get involved in any kind of long term relationship, it would be important that despite the age difference, you were in the same place in life. For instance, a 39 year old guy who has never had kids but wants them is an obvious bad choice. But a 39 year old who is sure he never wants kids or who had kids at 18 and is done raising them might be in just the same place as an older woman.

C
C
Have fun on your date V, always nice to have a day of fun getting to know someone.

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard