Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
M
M
I don’t understand this attitude — that if it hasn’t happened yet, it won’t. ???? I had coffee, professionally, with someone who divorced at 22 and remarried at 42. She’s beautiful. It just took that long for her. She’s been married now for 13 years and has a great relationship with her husband. But in the time that she was single, she built a nice career for herself, raised her two kids, got degrees... She kept busy. She said that there were times when the kids were young that she’d go to school events and see all the families with two parents sitting around her, and she’d feel kind of badly about it, but at the end of the day, she now has a beautiful life that’s full of adventure (she told me about it), a career she enjoys, the financial security of having provided for herself, and a great husband who was apparently worth the wait.

Why don’t we all assume that will happen for us? ESPECIALLY you, GB! Do you really know what you want, or is what you think you should want fighting with what you really want?

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
G
OP Offline
G
Hi MB,

Thanks for popping by. I think you’ve nailed something....I don’t think I want it. I’m curious-that’s absolutely true but eh, I’m not sure it is worth the effort. Or perhaps, I’m not sure I want to find out? I recognize that’s confusing but I’ve been called worse:-)

Oh gosh! I certainly hope I don’t come across like I think I’m all that and a bag of chips. I’ve struggled with self esteem issues my entire life but for the last year or so I’ve seemed to reach a more peaceful place with that. I just always hear that stuff but it doesn’t mean anything. I’m thrilled when other people meet someone, get married or celebrate a milestone. I simply don’t think much about that stuff for myself anymore. But I also believe, everything doesn’t happen for everyone. Does that make me a quitter? I hope not. Probably more of a realist. And anything is possible. :-)

I did when another big award at my job-yaaaaasssss! Total surprise and I do appreciate it. This gig has been a little crazy the last month or so but I’m looking forward to going away for 72 hours by myself. And hanging with a couple of my guy friends while I’m away. I need to regroup and have a little fun. The former hot stove will be on this trip but I’ll be okay.

Hope everyone is having a great week. I slept for 10 hours last night. Victory.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
G
OP Offline
G
Happy Fri-yay!

I had a crazy week. I had a trip that reminded me of “Trains, Planes and Automobiles” minus the burnt out car. Omg. I was exhausted and happy to be home.

That guy I met..I told my friend (she was with me when I met him) that I didn’t think I would hear from again. She said “he calls you every day and face times you.” I said maybe. But...it had only been a week. Anyway. The next day after meeting him he called and said he had fun and that he liked kids. (He doesn’t have any). I said I had fun as well (I did) and that was the last I heard from him:-)

Oh well. Guess the universe wanted to remind me I can be attracted to someone. It may not be reciprocated but perhaps the universe was trying to say “FFS, listen to the universe, GB.” I am. Promise.

St Patty’s day is tomorrow and I’m going out with a friend. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
D
D
Isn't it funny how the universe tries to tell us stuff and we have a hard time listening? Things have a funny way of working themselves out the way they are supposed to. Hang in there, GB....good things are coming your way! wink

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
G
OP Offline
G
Oh my. I’m a mess when it comes to men. Really. I thought I was okay but I’m not. It’s time to address some of this stuff for my sake. Or for the sake of my sanity.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
G
OP Offline
G
Hi everyone. I have a funny story but first I wanted to post something else first.

As I’ve mentined, ex Mr. GB had not spoken to his family in 4 years barring a text or 2. S8 always tells his mom that it’s not right Daddy doesn’t talk to you. Apparently, ex Mr GB met his brother last week. He told the brother that I was really special and no one was like me (I am unique:-). Anyways, ex Mr GB reached out and said some people have these contentious, horrible exes and he just wanted to say that he realizes how lucky he is to have me in his life. That I always try to do the right thing and never judge him. It was actually much nicer than what I’ve written, but I realized I was terrible at DB trying to save my marriage, but for he most part I DB like a boss post divorce. Trust me it has been difficult at times and some people have called me crazy, but I’ve just trusted that this was what was best for me. So........

Here is the funny. As I’ve written, I have thought I wanted a very sexually charged fling. I have also stated I have not been with very many people. When I met Player guy about a month ago, he works in an industry where the one I have is broken. Originally, (meaning when I met him) he said he wouldn’t charge me to fix mine. I thought that was nice but I didn’t expect him to do that and I felt like he would change his tune. And he did after the night I met him for a drink. All good. I absolutely wasn’t expecting him to fix it for free.

He came over one day and made the repairs. Something else happened as well. Holy caca that man is hawt! He’s 6’5 and I’ve never seen a body like that. He’s 42. While he is extremely attractive and funny, nothing is happening here. But I thought I would live a little. He hung out for a bit. I had cash because this was for his personal company but I guess I didn’t specifically say how much do I owe you or just didn’t come up. I sent him a text saying thanks and it works great. He said, “FYI. I don’t work for free.” I said that I wasn’t expecting him too and to let me now how much I owe him. I was terrified he was going to send an invoice from a company called Big B@ller or something like that. He sent me an invoice for $75 which was super cheap for what he did...professionally. In my mind, I started to wonder. Is that the going rate for the sexay now days? $75? Bada Bing! I’m sorry. I just had to laugh :-). I’m pretty sure my fantasy of having a hot fling with someone I’m actually attracted to is just that....a fantasy. And I’m beginning to come to terms with that.

Went out with my best friend last night and went to dinner with NG the other night. My oldest turns 15 this week. I can’t believe it.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
V
V
You are super special and your ex is a wassock.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

G
OP Offline
G
You are sweet, V. Hope you are well :-)

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
D
D
Great funny story! 6'5"....HUBBA HUBBA! wink I am not sure what a wassock is, but if lady V thinks so, I'll just say ditto what she said because she's a smart lady.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
G
G
I like wassock...

Wally or other words staring with w and ending in er! 😂😂😂
Have fun, life is supposed to be fun!

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11