Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Painter Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Just a quick update/check-in. I hope everyone is getting to enjoy the summer and relax/rebuild.

My life feels like it's on a good track. I'm in a R that has lasted quite a while now, and although it's been up and down (we both tend to think a lot, talk a lot, and be a little emotionally reactive and insecure), we feel we're on a good path and things are getting more stable. We live close to each other and spend a lot of time together.

I've been working my new full-time job for just over a month. It's been stressful and exhausting, but I enjoy it, and I like my colleagues and the company I work for. I also like the pay check grin, and I'm currently looking to buy a place to live of my own. I'm planning it so I will not have a mortgage payment when I retire. It's really nice to be in charge of my own financial future and not have to compromise on decisions that I don't agree with!

M 16 yrs, WH62, P54
3 adult blended kids
EA 11/13, BD1 6/14
PA fall 14, BD2 2/15
Piecing 2015, BD3 12/15
Separated 4/16
WH moved OW in 5/16
Divorced 6/15/17
P
Painter Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Another update - I looked at a few condos and found one that hit most of the boxes, and my offer was accepted yesterday. It was quite exciting, there were several offers and the market here is very heated.

We plan to close before the end of the month, so Labor Day weekend will probably be all about moving for me.

I feel very positive about my future!

M 16 yrs, WH62, P54
3 adult blended kids
EA 11/13, BD1 6/14
PA fall 14, BD2 2/15
Piecing 2015, BD3 12/15
Separated 4/16
WH moved OW in 5/16
Divorced 6/15/17
P
Painter Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I thought it was time for a little update again. smile

I'm in the final stages of buying a place of my own - we're closing in a few days. This was my second goal after getting a decently paid job, and I've achieved both. After my offer was accepted, I went through a strange spell of something that almost felt like depression for a couple of weeks. It's not unusual, I read, after achieving a big goal.

The place I'm buying has 2 bedrooms and 2 full baths, so I can have a roommate, or rent it out to 2 roommates if I don't live there myself. They also allow for a dog my dog's size (hard to find). I'm so happy to make my own financial decisions - I'll be paying the condo off in 15 years so I can retire without a mortgage. My credit has gone up by over 100 points since I got separated!

My relationship is going pretty well. It's complex and has many challenges, but rewarding and safe. I have doubts and fears, and so has he - so we're taking it slowly, but with the clear goal of making this a permanent relationship. We are having discussions about living together, what it would mean for his daughter, how we would do it financially, etc. We've known each other for a year now, and dated for 9 months. It's a choice every day to stay together and work on the relationship.

My job is still taking most of my energy, and I don't know if I can keep it up. Hopefully I'll get more used to it and have more energy on the weekends to work on my art, now when I get a second bedroom to set up as a studio!

Back pain is taking me away from the computer for now... I'll be back later.

M 16 yrs, WH62, P54
3 adult blended kids
EA 11/13, BD1 6/14
PA fall 14, BD2 2/15
Piecing 2015, BD3 12/15
Separated 4/16
WH moved OW in 5/16
Divorced 6/15/17
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard