Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Otto! Where the heck are you? I'm 15 minutes away too, to the north. Have no idea how to convey exact locations or contact info on here???

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
B
B
agree to meet somewhere and have one of you carry or wear something distinctive?

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
job Offline
Heather,

There is a way to go about meeting up: set up a time and place and be there. Maybe one of you carries a book or flower so that the other one can locate you.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
H
H
So great to hear an update from you and such a positive one at that! And of course, it is so admirable to hear about all the results of your hard work. You are reaping what you alone have sown. Kudos to you on carving out a new life for you and your girls.

I know it isn't always easy to come back here so thank you for taking the time to post.

Me 41, H 47, M 15 yrs, S11, S13
BD 1: 11/4/14 we work on it; really I pretzel myself
BD 2: 3/31/15 H goes down to "dorm room"
8/15: H back to MBR
10/15: H back in dorm room
1/18: H files, now divorced
K
kml Offline
K
Heather -
So glad you posted, you sound great!

How're you doing on the financial front? Weren't you doing Debtors Anonymous or something similar to get control of your finances?

(For those reading who don't know Heathers whole story and struggle yourselves with finances, she was stuck without adequate support and had to go way outside her comfort zone to make a living and support her daughters, it's painful growth but she is proof it can be done!!!

O
O
LoisB-- my house is in the valley behind Reynolds High School--I am in the Southeastern part of the county..and my zip is a Biltmore zip. So no---I am not north but southeast of the estate. I wish we could email each other---but I realize the issues that could come from disclosing info....just could not believe that you are close by! Ottocat

job Offline
Be careful w/giving too much info on here. Find a specific location and meet there, i.e., a church or a local coffee shop, but don't be too specific about where you live.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
O
O
Thanks Job ---I understand---things have changed a lot since the early days of this site. Thanks for all you do! Ottocat

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi Ellie!

Yes, I'm still in D.A. I'm a sponsor now and honestly can't believe how much my life has changed.

I read a few of my really early posts. I was terrified. I had been told by EVERYONE around me that I was incompetent.

Anyway, YES! It can be done. And, for anyone scared out of there skull about being the sole breadwinner and creating a good life you and your kids. It can definitely be done. There's a ton of support out there, just yours for the asking :-)

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
B
B
Hi, so good to come here (as I do occasionally!!) and see a post from you. It feels as if you have received some closure from your xh.

The way you have pulled your life together and dealt with all the stuff that life has thrown at you has been inspirational. You are courageous and loyal, and have travelled such a long way from so much baggage that tried to pull you back, with your birth family and xh. I admire you greatly.

I have just had my first grandchild, which is an amazing experience, although tinged with a little sadness to be doing it alone.

As with all life changing events it sent xh into a tailspin (and he was doing quite nicely in relative terms for a long term MLCer!) He is now back into the world of no contact, and anger with me. The good news is that it washes over me these days. I even find it funny. In a fit of rage a few weeks back he told me that the real reason he left me (this is coming up to 12 years folks) is that I was bossy. And here was me thinking I had a character flaw. I mean is that the best he can do for abandoning his wife and three children after a long marriage?

We make our own lives. Your words are wise and you have walked the walk.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard