Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hey Juju,

I am super duper depressed. I just cried in my bed last night. I am in pain, can barely get around, have no help, except for my beautiful amazing child who did all she could for me yesterday. I was indoor cycling sunday and I was out of breath, my whole body was working, but it felt SO GOOD. My exercise reminds me I am alive, that I can do anything. When I exercise, I tell myself how amazing my body is (inside). Now, I can't even get up my stairs. it's my GAL. For two hours on Monday nights I first play with my team and it's honestly like the only time nothing else going on in my life is on my mind. Then I take an hour and have drinks with my team, getting to know new people, and again, nothing else on my mind.

Now? My ex is probably going to play on my team! How ironic, huh? I'll be sitting there watching him play with my people next Monday.

I'll be really honest, I wished FF was there so bad last night. He was comfortable around my house, always helpful to me, and he would have really taken care of me. Sometimes I feel like him being there was really only a dream and it wasn't reality. Nothing makes you realize how alone you are when you are injured and you've got no one. Pity party, I know.

Juju, go ahead and say something to one of those guys! I have given my unsolicited advice to 3 guys. One didn't take it well. The other two were genuinely appreciative. And this on started a conversation which I hope is leading to a date.

Online dating is like shopping according to reading labels on a package.

Tonight I have an apt with a psychic. My D's friends mom went to this woman twice and she was completely on point so I decided to make an appt. She is really in demand, I have waited over a month.

Tomorrow night, MRI.

J
J
I know how you feel ginger.

We are both in the medical field and we both know how bad it can really get for some people. But even though these injuries are temporary set backs, they are major inconveniences and big bumps in the road for us, when we rely on exercise and movement to make us feel good. Especially when we are going through emotional trauma.

I hope you go to physical therapy! smile It will help with the acute pain in the beginning, and then help you heal or prepare you for surgery. Certain muscles need to be targeted for strengthinging if your ACL is ruptured. I'm crossing my fingers for you though. But dont worry, there will be alternate forms of exercise you can do! I'm sure you have connections with great orthopedists and rehab facilities. And an understanding yourself. But we can always talk.

What I told myself when I fractured my ankle a while ago (and ruptured a ligament), was that maybe that injury happened because if I kept going, I would have been hit by a car! Who knows?

Can your dad come by and help? You have tons of great friends that I'm sure would love to help you out. And then there's delivery. You will feel better each day.

And remember you don't need a boyfriend or husband to get you through this. But I understand how good it would feel to have someone that was concerned.

You're a strong woman, and i wish life would stop throwing out these obstacles for you! But I also know you will push on through.

Regarding OLD, I haven't actually set up my account yet. I'm excited and curious. I never did much dating. I'm a little worried about the time commitment, and the fact that I'm not healed. But who knows if I ever will be. Plus I live with my parents! I don't know if guys will care about that as much as a woman would. In my area, it's not that uncommon though. But I still feel it's a negative for me for a potential guy.
I will update my thread about this topic though. It's a much more fun topic and problem then my divorce and I can't wait to be able to go there!

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
D
D
You know, I think Juju was reading my mind. I TOTALLY agree that you don't need a boyfriend or husband to get through this, but I, too, understand how it would feel good to have a concerned person be there for you.

I'm really sorry you are having to deal with this injury, but hopefully the fact that you are in good shape will help you heal and get past this quicker.

You are a really strong person, Ginger. I admire you. Hang in there....better days are coming!

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thank you,my friends. It's just another bump in the road. I know everything will turn out ok eventually. I will have to do physical therapy before and after the surgery, if I need surgery. My poor knee blew up today. It hurts and it's ugly. I get my MRI tomorrow night. I don't need a man, I know, it would just be nice, lol. I've gotten through 3 surgeries since my ex left, 2 with a rather young child and no help. My dad will help if/when I have my surgery and will try to come out next week if I'm still pretty immobile to do some housework and grocery shopping for me. My friends got their own things going on with their kids being home from summer and stuff, so I don't want to bother them.

I saw a psychic today. She was on point with some things and my mother came through. I was freaked because she described her to a T, how she left this earth, how she is mentally ill and she said how I need to stop living with the guilt and she is sorry she wasn't the mom she wanted to be and I needed her to be. I was a bit blown away by that part. Then she asked if I had a recent break-up and she told me how I am spinning in my head over it. She also told me he wasn't the one. But the significant thing that she sees in my future is a new guy, but it isn't going to work if I don't change the dynamic. She says I give too much too soon. I need to give a little and take a little and he has to put in equal effort. That blew me away a little too, because I barely spoke during the reading so I couldn't give ANYTHING away. Which brings me to my online buddy. He wants to go out and take me to see his friends band. I told me how that he has chosen not to date in so long that he has learned to fill his life in with other stuff. GAL?! He said he just needs to figure out when he can see me. I respect that as I live the same way. He told me basically it was a weird fate that we are even talking and he didn't expect it. he had signed up a long time ago, subscription expired, he would just browse, but he didn't pay. One night he was playing on his phone, fell asleep and he must have reactivated the account. And he had no intention of talking to anyone. He is so down to earth and honest it's refreshing. I will not set myself up to expect anything great though. But talking to him has just been nice. His wife cheated and left too. His view is just like mine.

And finally, something horrible that really made me stop the self-pity crap with my knee. There is a friend of one of my best friends who has been through hell and back. She and her husband had a baby who was born with an illness that caused a cleft palate and a hole in the heart. Her heart was repaired, but she suffered vocal cord paralysis and died at 6 months old. She grienved so hard as expected, then got pregnant a few later again. She didn't announce until 17 weeks. She went for her 20 week scan and there was no heart beat. The cord had wrapped around her neck. She had to deliver her dead baby. She got pregnant again with a beautiful health girl who is now 4 months old. She's been posting some stuff about breakups. I asked my friend about her and it turns out her husband left her for a 24 year old. This woman is a beautiful loving soul. How can so many horrible things happen to one person. She was barely hanging on by a thread as it is. I feel so awful for her and I want to cut off her husbands d!ck.

The universe can be so cruel.

D
D
Originally Posted By: Ginger1
I saw a psychic today.

Ginger,

I channel a 17 year old Magic 8 Ball. Ask me anything; my services are free to the DB clan.

D
D
Ginger,

Interesting stuff from the psychic. It would've weirded me out a bit, to be quite honest. LOL After I read your post, I stopped what I was doing and said a prayer for your friend's friend. How horrible. I often find myself musing, as I have posted on my own thread a time or two, "what the h3ll is wrong with people?" and that lady's no-good husband certainly falls in that category. Wow.................(and not wow in a good way!)

Good luck with the "date"? Are we calling it a date? I don't want to read too much into it, so I'll just say good luck hanging out with your gentleman friend. wink

Continued prayers for peace and healing for you, kind lady.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
D
Ginger,

My disdain for charlatans has gotten the best of me; I can't remain silent any longer. I don't really channel a Magic 8 Ball. I lied. I'm sorry.

You should google "Penn Jillette Debunks Psychic Cold Reading." There's a YouTube video of Adam Savage interviewing Penn Jillette that you should view before spending any more money.

K
kml Offline
K

Quote:
She says I give too much too soon. I need to give a little and take a little and he has to put in equal effort.

Ok I like this psychic because she's telling you EXACTLY what we all wanted to tell you last time. Take this advice to heart!

Quote:
I feel so awful for her and I want to cut off her husbands d!ck.

I'll help you. I've got the tools!

M
M
Ginger, I'm so sorry about your knee. How frustrating!

And excited to hear about your OLD. I hope it's just fun.

And also tempted by the psychic. I went to one around the time Mr. Fantastic was moving out and she was spot on about him. Stuff I didn't know about him that came out later and it was interesting that she was so right. It's hard not to think there's some truth to it when they come out with things that are actually helpful at the time that you hear them.

I hope you're ok and that the pain is manageable. And that you heal very quickly.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
P
P
Ginger, that sounds like a profound reading you had. I hope it was helpful and that you can continue to process all the wonderful input you received.

Doodler, this is by it's nature a field that is wide open to frauds, but there are genuine people who also do very valuable work, especially with people in deep grief. I have had personal experiences with involuntary channeling - messages from people who have passed over - but I can't control it. I've had strange experiences all my life, but I'm a big skeptic so I've never really believed it. During the last 15 years, I've had a number of experiences I just couldn't brush off anymore.

My personal view is that it's nothing supernatural about it, it's just that science hasn't figured out yet what happens and how it works. Think about all the things that seemed miraculous and supernatural in the history of humans, and how science has not discovered, but revealed the cause of thousands of strange phenomena that used to scare and confuse us. I believe that the reason we don't all experience channeling or unusual insights, is the same reason as why we don't all have great singing voices or musical talent, or can't all draw, or do gymnastics or any other ability that is unevenly distributed in the population. For me, a circus acrobat seems pretty supernatural! And if you listen to Gabriele Fuchs sing Mozart, I don't know how to explain how that is possible, especially being an amateur choir singer myself. It's truly a rare gift.

M 16 yrs, WH62, P54
3 adult blended kids
EA 11/13, BD1 6/14
PA fall 14, BD2 2/15
Piecing 2015, BD3 12/15
Separated 4/16
WH moved OW in 5/16
Divorced 6/15/17
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard