Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
It's winter. We had lows in the 60s last week, my middle schooler thought she was going to freeze. She borrowed a sweatshirt out of her sister's closet to wear to school. Big Sis went to a different school, and Lil Sis got in trouble for wearing it.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
D
D
SunnyB,

It's a balmy 78 in Tallytown right now. I keep bracing for the first freeze. I have a bunch of plants that won't survive a freeze so I'll have to be prepared to replant with some winter foliage.

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Here's an update from the Sunny part of FL:

My new job is going really well, I'm very happy with it. It's a challenge in many ways, and it's about time. I was coasting intellectually, I had forgotten how good this is. It's a big office, I've met a lot of people, but no one that's my new best friend. Not a problem.

Between work and my kids, I've been too busy to socialize much, although I did go to a music festival last weekend and a birthday party the weekend before, I'm not a hermit. But the days of going out several times a week are over for now.

I've deliberately taken a step back from dating while I sort out some things with MyNica. We've had a couple of really long conversations recently, and I need time to process. So I'll be alone just in time for the holidays. I can't really say why I"m doing this to myself, but I know I need it to play out. I've decided to stop criticizing myself for it, stop imposing artificial deadlines, stop looking for a distraction. I'm going to just relax and let it be until one of us decides to rock the boat.

I'm not sure how Christmas is going to work at the Sunny Household this year, Mr P and I have some negotiating to do, but it will be OK. And then I'm taking D14 to TX for New Years Eve, that will be lovely. Things to look forward to.

Finally, some of you will appreciate this more than others: I'm having a beautiful new custom closet installed in the next couple of weeks, demo on the existing shelving happens Monday and Tuesday, there will be patching and painting and repairs to the wood floors, and then the new closet gets installed the Monday after. I might serve Christmas dinner in there. wink

J
J
Sunny, glad you're doing well!

Looking forward to your new custom closet. wink

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
JksD #2720395 12/11/16 01:35 AM
S
S
Sunny, you sound great and I'm pleased for you...

New custom closet - woo hoo!! - Don't you be showing that to your XH or he's gonna want back in...... grin xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
Sotto #2720418 12/11/16 08:54 AM
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Sotto, I couldn't resist showing him the plans and he's definitely getting the grand tour when it's done. But move back in? When he!! freezes over. Unless he wants to mow the yard, service the pool, clean my bathrooms,sleep in the guest room, and make me breakfast when I finally get a boyfriend and sleep in late. wink

G
G
I'm glad to hear you are loving your work! We spend majority of our waking hours at work, so enjoying what you are doing really adds to your life. And custom closets? Sounds like a dream. I have messy closets. It is funny, I have gotten used to not having to share closet space. If someone tried to take one of my closets away, I'd probably panic!

As for your Nica.... I hope it is all positive stuff. This time of the year is a rough rough time, where we invite people back to our lives because we are seeking comfortable connection. I have been guilty many times of that. I do understand it though. Just take care and caution:)

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Ginger, yes it's all good with MyNica. As far as letting him back in, truth is he hasn't really been out. We've maintained a friendship, we text, we talk, we see each other occasionally. The talks were about our status now and what it's likely going to be in the foreseeable future and a little about how we wish it were different. So we carry on until one of us wants out.

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
It's a busy day, I'm having a party tonight. I haven't hosted a party of any size since the D. It's my debut party of sorts. You are all invited. smile

D
D
Originally Posted By: SunnyB
It's a busy day, I'm having a party tonight. I haven't hosted a party of any size since the D. It's my debut party of sorts. You are all invited. smile

SunnyB,

I was halfway to your house when I realized that I'd forgotten my bathing suit.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard