Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
D
D
"I'm not in the "love will find you when you least expect it" camp, to me that's like standing at the door of the department store and expecting the perfect LBD to run up to me. I feel like I'll get better results if I actually get in there and browse the racks, try some dresses on, sit down in them to see how they feel."

Just had to say this comment makes total sense to me. I very much agree, although I'm not good at all about browsing the racks.

So how was the second date? Will there be a third? And perhaps my most important question, should you chose to just answer one, how do you meet these guys that ask you out? Even if it's just a one time date, you seem to go on more/meet more people than many of us here.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
DonH #2714981 11/08/16 04:47 PM
J
J
Sunny, hope your second date was great!

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
JksD #2714982 11/08/16 04:50 PM
J
J
And I loved your comment about the LBD. Cracked me up as I imagined the perfect or quite all right LBD running up to me and forcing itself on me while I wallow in self- pity on the sofa with my dozens of cats and dogs.

Nowadays, I don't even make it to the door of the department store.

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
JksD #2715192 11/09/16 08:37 PM
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Don, since you gave me an option, I'll just answer the one question for now. I meet most of the guys I date, but not all of them, online through a dating site. When I put effort into it, I don't really have a shortage of dates. I don't know why. Beginners luck.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
And Don, keep in mind that I live in a city. I have more choices than someone in a small town. That helps a great deal, I'm sure.

Z
Z
Definitely NOT beginners luck. I admire the modesty but I know when I'm being hustled...

Congrats on the new job and have a fun trip!

Me:38 XW:38
T:11 years M:8 years
Kids: S14, D11, D7
BD/Move out day: 6/17/14, D final Dec 15
G
G
Sunny,

Congratulations on the new gig! That is totally exciting. And spirit fingers on the success in OLD. You are a hot ticket:)

I loved your LBD analogy. I agree with your sentiments. I think everyone has to do their part to find love or companionship. The universe didn't drop Ryan Gosling in my back yard those 2 years I was single. Although, it would have certainly made composting a more exciting event.

Yes, you are the entire cupcake. No sprinkles necessary. Hope the week is well.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi folks! My new job has taken over my schedule, my hours have increased considerably, and my afternoon commute too. I knew all this going in to it. And I'm liking it a great deal. I'm getting used to the big corporate environment again, and more excited about the work I'm doing than I have been in a long time.

My dating life is on hold somewhat, work, daughter, closet renovation (ha!), are all in front. The third date didn't come to be, my friend says I dodged a bullet on that one after I explained it to her. I'm ok with it in any case. And I haven't put myself out there lately, and that's ok too. That's just where I am for a few weeks.

My older kiddos will be home for Thanksgiving, mr p has been invited, and he knows if he dumps the duck and procures a new girlfriend she's invited too.

Life is good.

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanksgiving has come and gone, it was a lovely day. I had all the kiddos home, mr p came and brought the stuffing. We had a nice day. Rumor has it he's in off mode with the duck but I'm not holding my breath.

Work is good, I'm putting in lots of hours but that's ok. This is the brain challenge I haven't had in over a year and I'm enjoying the heck out of it. I'm finding time for the gym, spending time with my kids and with friends. Life is good.

I've now been dating a year. That's hard to believe. I started out so naive and full of hope and here I am sitting in a telenovella. I don't know that I'd have done anything differently, but I'm still surprised at where I am. Or rather, where I'm not.

We are going to get our Christmas tree today, while all the kids are home. I love the holiday season. smile

D
D
Originally Posted By: SunnyB
I love the holiday season. smile

How's the weather down there? Last week, up here in northern FL, it got down to 34 degrees one morning; today we're supposed to have a high of 83. The weather has been beautiful for the past two months, but we haven't had much rain.

I used to be a Christmas curmudgeon, but this year feels better for some reason. Hmmm...

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard