Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Bee29 #2712991 10/29/16 05:07 AM
job Offline
We now have a thread started for Jack's words of wisdom. Truegritter created a thread entitled "Jack Three Beans Words of Wisdom". I have copied and pasted responses from sgctxok and Bee29 to that thread this morning. This new thread is at the top of this Forum and it will remain a sticky. Please post Jack's pearls of wisdom there.

I have moved words of wisdom quotes from sgctxok and Bee29 to the new thread.

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forum...ain=59975&Number=2712987#Post2712987

True, thank you for starting this thread. It is a wonderful way to honor and remember Jack.

Last edited by Cadet; 09/26/18 12:11 PM. Reason: Link
job #2713036 10/29/16 08:15 AM
R
R
What a great idea TrueGritter, thanks so much. Thanks for making it a sticky Job, you rock! Thanks for all of your hard work on this forum always!!

Linda

Me 65, Ex 64
M 38 y
2 adult S, 4 G-Kids
MLC 11/07
BD 12/09
D 3/14
Dating nice guy 7/14
Engaged to nice guy 12/17
Drew #2713037 10/29/16 08:26 AM
R
R
Originally Posted By: Andrew
I suspect that Jeff/Jack may well have hated this suggestion but does anyone know if there is perhaps a special charity that was meaningful to him? I'd like to make a donation in his honour.

He can't tell me "Pick your own d@mned charity and give to something YOU believe in" after all.

LOL, he would have, too! smile

Originally Posted By: Drew
Coast Guard Foundation

This is an awesome idea. Jeff was so friggin proud of his service in the Coast Guard. I think this would mean a lot to him, and am actually sure that he knows about it cause I am sure he is in heaven. I'm going to donate in his name and honor too Andrew. Thanks.

Linda

Me 65, Ex 64
M 38 y
2 adult S, 4 G-Kids
MLC 11/07
BD 12/09
D 3/14
Dating nice guy 7/14
Engaged to nice guy 12/17
Cadet #2713060 10/29/16 01:29 PM
G
G
The world is a better place because you left your footprint here. I am a better person because of your wisdom and humor.

You once called me Butterscotch from a favorite story and know that my stuffing is always here for you.

My deepest condolences to your family.

Grace_O #2713283 10/31/16 07:32 AM
M
M
Originally Posted By: Grace_O
The world is a better place because you left your footprint here. I am a better person because of your wisdom and humor.

You once called me Butterscotch from a favorite story and know that my stuffing is always here for you.

My deepest condolences to your family.

Grace , Grace with a dirty face

: )

You know he would have said that....

Mach1 #2713288 10/31/16 07:48 AM
D
D
GRACE!!!!!!

Everybody hurts. It's part of life. Don't miss the good stuff.
Drew #2713367 10/31/16 11:51 AM
job Offline
I've taken some time to think about Jeff's "Board" life over the last decade. Jeff came here searching for answers to questions just as we all did. He grew by leaps and bounds, fell down a time or two, but was more than determined to get back up and continue moving forward. He wasn't perfect and he made mistakes just as we all did. What he learned from those mistakes, he was more than happy to share the knowledge with those he posted to. For some, he shared his knowledge and sage advice off the Board and IRL. Jeff was a diamond in the rough back in 2006, but he soon grew into a brilliant diamond who continued to offer sage advice along the way even after his health crisis. Not once did he come here and whine about his illness. It took courage and determination for him to greet each day, but he did it. Jeff truly was a treasure and a man who will not be forgotten. He lived his life to the fullest. He would not want us to mourn him, but rather...celebrate his life.

I'd like to share a poem with you that is entitled "A Death Has Occurred" by Paul Irion.

A Death Has Occurred

A death has occurred and everything is changed.
We are painfully aware that life can never be the same again,
That yesterday is over,
That relationships once rich have ended.

But there is another way to look upon this truth.
If life now went on the same,
Without the presence of the one who had died,
we could only conclude that the life we remember
made no contribution, filled no space, meant nothing.

The fact that this person left behind a place
that cannot be filled is a high tribute to this individual.

Life can be the same after a trinket has been lost,
but never after the loss of a treasure.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2713395 10/31/16 12:57 PM
R
R
That is a wonderful poem, Job, for someone who left such a big hole in so many people's lives....

RosaLinda #2713731 11/01/16 10:05 PM
D
D
It's been forever since I've been here and posted. I found out that Jack/Jeff had passed away several days ago and that this thread would be started on the boards. I've waited to post because I didn't know what to say.

Everyone who has already posted has said so many of the things that I also think about him.

I was lucky that I got to know him a bit off of the boards. I can't say that I was a good friend, but we did become friends. In recent years, he and I argued about politics among other things. Friendly banter though. His thoughts on politics were just as intelligent an thought out as they were here about marriages torn apart.

Of course, as everyone has said, he was tremendously helpful to me when I was going through my 'situation'. I was sad and distraught... Just like we all are when we come here.

Jack/Jeff had a way of being tough, but also understanding of the pain that we were going through. He had been through it himself of course.

I read through his old posts from when he was going through his sh!t. One reason that I connected with him as much as anyone here, was because what he went through was very, VERY, similar to what I was going through at the time. Funny enough, my situation ended up very similar to his too.

At one point, he and I started emailing off of the boards. It meant SO much to me that here was someone who didn't know me at all. Lived hundreds of miles away from me. Yet, took his time to read my thoughts, basically my personal journal, and tell me things that helped guide me.

He didn't tell me what I needed to do. He didn't say 'you're wrong' or 'you're right'. He had a way of saying things that caused me to think for myself. To figure out my path.

He also offered to speak with me on the phone. While I didn't want to take advantage of this too much, I did take him up on it. He was the same. He listened. He offered words. He shared his experiences. He talked about his new life. He made me feel better.

I did not get to meet him. We talked about having a beer when he was back in Colorado one day. Unfortunately for me, he never did make it back.

For everything that he did here, and that was A LOT, what I will remember is that he was genuinely a good guy. More of us could stand to live our lives caring about others the way that Jack3beans... Jeff... did.

I'm forever grateful. In this life and beyond.

Thank you man...

M 43
T 13
W moves out of home 11/2010
Roller coaster from hell 2/2011-5/2012
I request divorce 5/2012
W moves home 6/2012
Good time 7/2012 - 1/2015
I leave 3/2016
process of divorce
H
HTM Offline
H
I have been away from the boards for a few weeks, some GAL reasons among others, but can't believe logging on today I'm finding out about Jack_Three_Beans' passing. In my short time interacting on the DB boards J3B had started to post some blunt but much needed comments & insight to my thread; wish I'd had the chance to get to know him better.

My condolences, thoughts & prayers go out to his family & friends.

Thank you Jeff for taking the time to offer me your guidance; may you be much rewarded on your onward journey.

Let me tip my hat to you sir by doing what you suggested on my thread a while ago and change my DB moniker to something more positive HalfTheMan -> HeroToMany.

HTM.

Me 50, ExW 49
T21, M13+
S15, S13
BD #1: 25-Jan-2016 (EA confirmed & ILYBINILWY)
Sept-2016 Mediated Sep. starts
Oct-2016 W petitions for D
Jan-2017 R w OM admitted/confirmed
Jun-2018 D'd
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard