Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
J
J
Hey Sunny,
Glad that things are working out great for you.

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
JksD #2709260 10/10/16 08:13 AM
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Zues126
Hi Sunny. I don't have much to say either. Isn't that wonderful?
Zues, you made me smile. smile Yes, I suppose it's good that there's nothing to talk about.

My weekend was laid back, escaped Hurricane Matthew. My sympathies and thoughts are with those of you who didn't fare so well.

Hi Grl, thanks for stopping by. cool

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Finally, something to update! smile A few weeks ago I unexpectedly received a phone call asking me to interview for a job with a large local company. I went, mostly out of respect for the person who had mentioned my name to the right person, but also because I figured it doesn't hurt to check things out. Things fell into place and I gave notice at my current job last week, start the new one on November 8th. It's a huge change for me, I haven't been in that kind of environment in years, but I'm excited about the and about the opportunity. That's more than I can say about my job now, so I feel it's right.

Because my new job is further away from my house and is going to be considerably more demanding, I need to put certain provisions in place for my D14, for instance, driving her home from school and to/from other activities. I'm working on finding the right people for that right now.

Other than that, things continue to be stable. October has been busy with D14's birthday, with a trip to see the older two kiddos, and with D14 being with me mostly the entire month because of mr p's travel for business and with the duck. So my dating life has taken a backseat, and there wasn't really anything to tell there anyway. I see friends when I can, and I"m headed looking forward to a trip to Chicago next weekend, connecting with some new friends and one friend I haven't seen in nearly 30 years. That's something to look forward to.

G
G
Congrats on your new job! You sound very excited, that's great! perhaps this is the change and focus you need right now.

I'm also glad you are going to Chicago. That'll be a lot of fun. Say hi to some people for me.

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Ginger1
Congrats on your new job! You sound very excited, that's great! perhaps this is the change and focus you need right now.

I'm also glad you are going to Chicago. That'll be a lot of fun. Say hi to some people for me.
Yes, I"m excited about this job, it's going to be a challenge. It's the kind of thing I was thinking I should pursue a couple of years from now, but everything is falling into place now. I know there will be challenges, but I really don't have anything to lose by trying it out.

And you bet on Chicago, I'll pass your greetings around. smile

S
S
Hi sunny. Came across your thread. I hope you find what you are looking for. What is it do you think? Has it changed over time?

Surfer.

M46/W40/D8/S6/T20/M12/Separated 6/2016,W takes kids
Issues2009
Wpartying w/g.f's2013on
EA2013PAdeniedWleavesMBR
ImeetAP/EAhalts
VariousBDDates
MFCourse
WSpew
EAresumes I halt
Wrages
DBIng4/2016

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Surfer
Hi sunny. Came across your thread. I hope you find what you are looking for. What is it do you think? Has it changed over time?

Surfer.
Hi Surfer, thanks for stopping by! Your question surprised me, I feel like I'm in a really good place right now. My X and I have a good relationship, focused almost entirely on parenting. I'm financially stable. I am looking forward to this new job opportunity. I have a great group of friends, I get out and about and try new things all the time. I take weekends away when I can. I have a great relationship with all my kids. Life is good.

The only area I feel like I'm still looking is a partner to share it with. I actively date, just haven't clicked with the right guy at the right time yet. I'm not in the "love will find you when you least expect it" camp, to me that's like standing at the door of the department store and expecting the perfect LBD to run up to me. I feel like I'll get better results if I actually get in there and browse the racks, try some dresses on, sit down in them to see how they feel. So I date and there are disappointments with that, but no horror stories.

So overall, I'm not lacking anything, I'm a full cupcake, I even have icing. But sprinkles would be nice. wink

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Folks! It's a big day for me, it's my last day at the old job, and the day before I leave for Chicago. I'm so excited about the possibility of accidentally bumping into you guys who are there for rugby and other reasons. And playing some pool at Red Shoes Billiards. wink I'm also meeting up with a friend I haven't seen in 30 years, he's driving from Wisconsin for the day.

And, in other news, I had a second date with someone yesterday, and that's a big deal because I haven't been on a "second" date pretty much all summer. I have come up with all kind of excuses to dump guys after the first date lately. I don't know that this one is going anywhere, there are some huge challenges, but, still, it was a milestone. LOL

I feel like good things are in the works.

D
D

Have fun in Chicago! I love Chicago.

Congrats on the second date!

G
G
Have fun on the second date and have fun in Chicago! I've rarely gone on second dates via the online route and the one time I did it was because I convinced by other people. I just ended up listening to the guy biotch about being broke then I a paid for dinner.

This time I actually want one, and it sounds like you do too!

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard