Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Duvae Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Uhm.... Yeah, my youngest child fished the book out from it's hiding place and waved it in front of my wife one afternoon when I wasn't there. I had only gotten about halfway, up to the point where Michelle is explaining how everything works and why were at this point. Which honestly made more sense than the explanations my wife kept feeding me. That part of the book got me out of the constantly asking questions. I told her this snd that the main advice seems to be to GAL and take care of yourself first and foremost. Add in a sprinkle of genuine frustration because... I know it's stupid, but I was halfway expecting a magical mystery quick fix. Anyway, she got an annoyed questioning look in her eyes and seemed to let it go.

If she finds out about me posting on these forums I will tell her that it feels feels like a support group for the LBS. And I know I will be genuine when I say that. One thing my wife values VERY highly is honesty.

C
C
Originally Posted By: Duvae
One thing my wife values VERY highly is honesty.

That may have been true in the past however I would stick with the advice of believing NOTHING she says and half of what she does.

Me-70, D37,S36
D
Duvae Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Well, yes. She may not or may not value honesty anymore. But my explanation if she finds this forum on my phone is still valid. To be avoided, sure. But unless she looks at my phone when I sleep. (I get up earlier and go to bed later and take care of the kids when they cry at night.)

I need sleep.

D
Duvae Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Since at least 4 years back:
Laundry
Dishes
Vacuuming
Putting kids to bed
Taking kids to school/preschool
Picking kids up from preschool/school
Buying groceries

Now:
Cooking
Cleaning bathroom
Watering her plants as needed (asked to before, finally getting the hang of it, may be overwatering)
Painting walls

It's going to be interesting to hear how she handles having the kids in her friends "nice apartment with crystal and glass things everywhere"
I can see why she didn't want to bring our youngest there.
At least her friend and I agree that either both kids go there or neither does.
I'm just not convinced that she, her friend and the kids can handle a full week over there.

There's also an OM of sorts now. By the descriptions of his actions it feels like he wants to be a supportive friend and nothing more.

D
D
There's also an OM of sorts now. By the descriptions of his actions it feels like he wants to be a supportive friend and nothing more.

Um yeah, he'll be supportive. He's probably been around longer than you think.

C
C
Hej! Sorry you are here! welcome to the board.

Me(W): 29 EXW: 30
T: 6 M: 2
SD: 10
BD: 04/2016
PS: 04/2016
W officially "seeing" someone 09/2016
W filed 03/2017
Officially Divorced 11/2017
A
A
Hi Hej,
sorry you are here. For me, all of those reasons, all of those things you did wrong, etc.-- it's all a reinvention of history. That's what people who feel guilty do-- blame you for all that you did wrong. My advice to you is not to argue about those re-invented history points! I would think these untrue points are bothering you, but they aren't the problem.

me 42 H 32
T 7yr
M 6yr
BD 5/2016 ILYBNILWY
Separated 7/2016
J
J
Originally Posted By: doodler

Um yeah, he'll be supportive. He's probably been around longer than you think.

I agree here. He's been around longer than you think and she's most likely been using him as a sounding board for all her "issues" with the marriage. Be careful, supportive for her is not necessarily in the marriage's best interest.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
Regard one another as more important than yourselves.
- Philippians 2:3
D
Duvae Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Well, now my parents and all our friends in the church have been at her request. She is going to make an announcement this weekend on facebook (requesting that people respect "our" descision. Told her that if she changed the "our" to my I'd tell them) and didn't want any shocked outcries replies and emails afterwards.

Of course, if any of these people that she cares about reply in any fashion she has told me that she'll turn the phone off or delete the reply as appropriate.
(')_(')
Why then does she care that they know from me in a caring fashion?
Oh well it is done.

D
Duvae Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Since at least 4 years back:
Laundry
Dishes
Vacuuming
Putting kids to bed
Taking kids to school/preschool
Picking kids up from preschool/school
Buying groceries

Now:
Cooking
Cleaning bathroom
Watering her plants as needed (asked to before, finally getting the hang of it, may be overwatering)
Painting walls

It's going to be interesting to hear how she handles having the kids in her friends "nice apartment with crystal and glass things everywhere"
I can see why she didn't want to bring our youngest there.
At least her friend and I agree that either both kids go there or neither does.
I'm just not convinced that she, her friend and the kids can handle a full week over there.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard