Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
job Offline OP
OP Offline
I wanted to post a gentle reminder to all who post on the DB Forums that we need to remember that we have all walks of life that post here as well as lurkers. The DB Forums have some of the most wonderful people posting, but we do tend to sometimes get caught up in the moment and forget what we accepted in the "terms and conditions" for posting here.

One of the "terms and conditions" that is in the Policies thread that Cadet has posted is stated as: "Participants shall treat each other with respect, refraining from rudeness and foul language."

Let's try to be as respectful as possible to all posters. Each and every poster that comes here is hurting and yes, some are angry and disappointed in their spouses and/or partners. Let's try to be patient, listen to what they have to say and remember...we all have different opinions on how a situation should be handled. Let's not forget that we were in their shoes a while back and weren't ready to hear what the posters had to offer in the way of advice and/or pearls of wisdom.

Please try to keep the language as clean as possible. I realize that we all tend to forget that we aren't sitting around w/a group of friends just shooting the breeze and anything that we say is okay, however, we do need to be mindful of those who do come here to read our postings and sometimes the language can be offensive to others.

We all have been there and done that...so let's help each other keep the respect alive and the language as clean as possible. The moderators have been cleaning up some of the language, but we don't have the time to read each and every posting to censure it for the language. So, I'm asking for your help to be mindful of what you are posting.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2700944 08/31/16 06:25 AM
C
C
Originally Posted By: job
The moderators have been cleaning up some of the language, but we don't have the time to read each and every posting to censure it for the language. So, I'm asking for your help to be mindful of what you are posting.

AMEN

Specifically if you are going to post foul language at least
change it to firetruck or @$$ or part of the female anatomy that I do not even think should be mentioned on a public board.

I do not know what happened to the UBB portion of the forum that used to censor such stuff, but in the mean time please keep my workload to a minimum with it.

Me-70, D37,S36
Beautifully said.

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
B
B
Beautifully said.

3 Ways to make a man Happy in bed :tounge:
=> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRQ1YNXy12s
job #2805251 08/05/18 10:56 PM
O
O
Guilty party checking in to say I will do better.

H 34
W 29
BD 3/12/18
Divorce Busted Spring 19

It is not things that bother us, but the stories we tell ourselves about things.
job Offline OP
OP Offline
A gentle remind that one of the "terms and conditions" addressed in the Policies thread that Cadet has posted is stated as: "Participants shall treat each other with respect, refraining from rudeness and foul language."

Please try to keep the language as clean as possible. I realize that we all tend to forget that we aren't sitting around w/a group of friends just shooting the breeze and anything that we say is okay, however, we do need to be mindful of those who do come here to read our postings and sometimes the language can be offensive to others.

We all have been there and done that...so let's help each other keep the respect alive and the language as clean as possible. The moderators have been cleaning up some of the language, but we don't have the time to read each and every posting to censure it for the language. So, I'm asking for your help to be mindful of what you are posting.

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2808109 08/21/18 07:00 PM
S
S
Originally Posted by job
A gentle remind that one of the "terms and conditions" addressed in the Policies thread that Cadet has posted is stated as: "Participants shall treat each other with respect, refraining from rudeness and foul language."

In regards to this subject, you sir have the patience of, well, Job. smile

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
C
C
Originally Posted by Steve85
In regards to this subject, you sir have the patience of, well, Job. smile

Call me sir - call her ma'am! smile

Me-70, D37,S36
job #2808125 08/21/18 07:45 PM
S
S
job is a her! Got it.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
job #2883627 02/02/20 03:48 PM
job Offline OP
OP Offline
Bumping this up for the newbies.

I realize we all tend to forget that we are not speaking to people in IRL on the forums...but we need to watch the language. We have people who come here from all walks of life and read the postings. To some, the language can be sensitive in nature.

Keep in mind, that this Board is tied to Michele's business and I don't think any of us want posters and lurkers to get the wrong impression as to what Michele will and will not allow here. Let's all try to be a bit more courteous when posting.

Thanks!

1 member likes this: MA1970
job #2945318 05/02/23 03:32 PM
D
DnJ Online
D
Bumping this up.

Reiterating the importance of this. Aside from the obviousness that this forum is tied to Michele’s business, and that folks from all walks of life read these posts, using foul language keeps one more embroiled within their situation. A purposeful directed effort to speak clearly and politely will influence your own thoughts and associated feelings.

Lots of posters struggle to find detachment. Realize your mind is always listening and will craft your reality. Speak well. Expletives and foul language amplify and reinforce one’s emotions and are counter to the path you likely wish to traverse.

DnJ

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard