Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Cadet #2665896 03/30/16 08:49 AM
Since I'm here...

The closing went off without a hitch, and I'm now a carefree middle aged broad without a mortgage. Can I get a yee ha?

Since then, my D22 has taken center stage - working through her frustration in the job search and feeling like a ship without a port. We had a long chat on Saturday, and I just left things for her to mull. She came back with a plan that has apparently worked. BTW, her BF suggested she highlight her success on the volleyball court because he felt those skills translated so well in real life (he's right, and I suggested that a long time ago to no avail). Anyway, she got a call from a company in the pharmaceutical industry today and they want to schedule an interview. The money is good and it's located in CT. Rosalinda just might be able to wave to her across the sound. smile

In the meantime, I'm plodding through spring break. D19 has a kidney ultrasound tomorrow, and we're going to a funeral on Saturday. Not much of a break for her, but you have to do what you have to do. I bought myself a Roomba last night. It seems like a bizarre extravagance (it is), but for some reason, I convinced myself that life will be easier with it. Taking suggestions on what to name her. Not Rosie. Everyone names their Roomba Rosie.

Peace to all of you.

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
Underdog #2665949 03/30/16 12:44 PM
K
K
rover? or Roger? I named my mopping Roomba Scooby, Like Scooby do. lol They are cute little helpers.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
Underdog #2665956 03/30/16 01:09 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: Underdog
I bought myself a Roomba last night. It seems like a bizarre extravagance (it is), but for some reason, I convinced myself that life will be easier with it. Taking suggestions on what to name her. Not Rosie. Everyone names their Roomba Rosie.

Peace to all of you.

Betsey

Name it "Fabio" - make that hunk work for you!

BA

P.S. Congrats on the house closing! Mortgage free - yee haw!!

G
G
Mortgage free?!? That is awesome! That must be such a weight lifted off your chest. Heck, a roomba is nothing compared to a monthly mortgage payment! I agree with BA, give it a male name and sit back and have a glass of scotch and watch him work!

I feel for d 22, so many college kids are graduating and unable to fine a job. Just tell her to be patient, keep trying, and be persistent! My persistence got me one job after applying for 2 years and being rejected once. What was her major? The exBF lived in CT, I've spent much time there. I loved going there. It's beautiful, close enough to the city, but rural enough. Pretty affordable too if you look in the right places. And really good radio stations, lol.

I've got to come visit Colorado one of these days. I'm all into doing some traveling, seeing some new places and hanging out with some cool people:)

Ginger1 #2666045 03/31/16 04:38 AM
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: Ginger1

I've got to come visit Colorado one of these days. I'm all into doing some traveling, seeing some new places and hanging out with some cool people:)

Cool people and places right down here in Virginia! Just sayin'! wink

BA

Ginger1 #2666074 03/31/16 08:49 AM
BA - Maybe Ginger should plan a visit to VA when I'm there. Then she can hang out with both of us! grin

Ginger, I'll always have a guest room. I love living here, and I love guests. The welcome mat is out.

Yes, mortgage free. It was the #1 reason why I wanted to sell my house and downsize - in literally every sense of the word.

BTW, I like the idea of Fabio doing my housework. Fabio it is! (Scooby was sounding adorable until BA weighed in. It was an easy visual: who would I prefer to clean my house? A dog? Or a shirtless, buff guy?)

D22 got another call from a different company yesterday. I think her circling around with her new message helped a great deal. It certainly set her apart. Her major is chemical engineering and her minor is biomedical engineering. Oh yeah, her e-mail highlighted the fact that she was a student athlete with a 3.5 GPA throughout her college years. That might have helped too.

OK, time to head to a conference call that I'm hosting. Love you guys!

Bets

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
Underdog #2666239 04/01/16 05:32 AM
G
G
Thank you bets! I will make it happy one day and we do appreciate the hospitality! I would LVOE to take a trip down your way, BA! it's just a car ride away! It would be pretty awesome if the 3 of us could meet up.

These boards brought me some great friends from all over. Wouldn't trade that for anything.

Ginger1 #2667386 04/07/16 08:08 AM
Thanks for all the birthday wishes here and on the alt. I appreciate it1

I woke up yesterday and thought to myself, "Self, wouldn't it be fun to just not go in to work and not tell the other guys of your plan"? (Of course, if they had called me, I would have returned the call - I own the business, after all.) My juvenile self agreed, and I had a good time just putzing around the house until it was time to get ready to meet a friend at Bonefish Grill for lunch. Lunch was 2 hours long, so I got D19 from her after school location, we stopped at DQ for blizzards, bought some baseball tickets to see the Mets with my D22 and her BF when they get here, and then we went downtown to see Newsies. It was a great day!

But alas, the birthday is over and it's time to be responsible again. I'm back at work and all is well in my world. I signed up for a knife skills class at a local cooking school Saturday. I hope those knife skills can translate in and out of the kitchen. It's kind of a fantasy of mine to be a secret ninja. Ignoring the fact that I have to put a bench together and finish putting stuff away in the garage, I'm heading up to Fort Collins on Sunday to visit my college roommate, who I haven't seen for 9 years. She lives an hour away, she also has a special needs son, and we're both idiots. I've really missed her. Can't wait. We have the wonderful ability to pick right up with each other. I don't think we'll resume our antics in college. We both finished classes at 9 am on Fridays back then, and by 9:15 we cracked our budweisers. I have many pictures of our barely-after-breakfast antics. Good memories to have of my 18 and 19 year old self, but I think we'll opt for coffee now.

Next Friday, D19 is attending a formal dance called Escape to Paradise. It's hosted by the super awesome kids from Project Unify as well as other kids who have classes with the special needs kids. It's kind of a prom. I bought her a darling dress and some dress flats, and I'm going to deck her out in makeup. I want her to have a really good time. The typical kids who do this are total rock stars. For every kid that makes it in the news, there are 100 absolutely wonderful ones that make this world a better place. I'm happy that D19 is associated with them.

One month from today, my D22 graduates from college. It's going to fly quickly. Her BF is driving back with us and spending a few weeks, as his job doesn't start until June 20. He landed a super job as a project manager for a construction firm, and his assignment is a new Marine Training Center at Camp Lejeune. He's super excited, and loves the idea of living at the beach for a year and a half. I told him that I've been haphazardly contemplating a trip to the outer banks next year, and just maybe we'll take our gig further south. He was excited to hear that. We'll see.

Anyhoo, thanks again for the birthday wishes. Hugs to all of you!

Bets

Albert Einstein
Underdog #2676425 05/11/16 12:44 PM
G
G
Thank you all for being supportive.

My expectations are nil, and I am expecting no answers. Actually, I really don't want to hear any answers.

Just looking for peace. And yeah, maybe my unreal expectation in all of this, is that we all could just feel ok around eachother. I really do care for him. And I actually know he really does care for me. I just want it to have ended on a good note in my heart.

I'll start a new thread tomorrow and let you know how it all goes.

Ginger1 #2676428 05/11/16 12:45 PM
G
G
posted in wrong place....

But hey, bets, how did the graduation go???

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard