Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
job Offline
I would also like to remind everyone to be careful in what you post on the forums. Personal information needs to remain private and personal. Try to remember not to post names of family members, specific info about your separation/divorce/mediation. Sometimes spouses do come here and will search and if you are too specific, they will know who you are.

Members are the only ones that can post to the Forum, however, that doesn't mean that Forum can't be viewed by non-members. People come and read the threads each and every day and eventually they'll admit that they've been lurking for a while before they post. Nothing is safe when it comes to the internet, i.e., a person with the proper skills or knows what word to use to do a search can lead right back to the Forum and your posting. So, with that in mind, I caution you to be prudent in what you post.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
R
R
Is there a way I should be enabling private messages? I can't figure out how to do this?

D7
ILYBNILWY 7/15
Suspect EA/PA 12/15 No confirmation/denial
She files 1/2016
Working towards the Big D ...still in progress....
C
Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: rich4j
Is there a way I should be enabling private messages? I can't figure out how to do this?

They do not work on this board.

You can not enable them.

Me-70, D37,S36
C
Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
C
For informational purposes only.

Right now the NOTIFY option on the forum does not work.
This is also affecting those on Moderation.

We are working on trying to FIX this problem.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

I would suggest posting here if you need to reach me and I can delete your post.

I will post here when it is working again.

Last edited by Cadet; 02/25/16 03:33 AM.

Me-70, D37,S36
C
Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
C
The Notify button now is working again.
Hopefully things will now get back to normal.

Me-70, D37,S36
C
C
Originally Posted By: Cadet
Please also try to self moderate threads at 100 posts.
Although Job is very good at reminding everyone to start new threads it is a big help if you can do this on your own.

Can you explain the reason for this rule? It's hard to trace back the older threads that are five or six new threads later to get the beginning of the story... Or is it a software limitation issue?

Me-LBH, 48
Spouse-WW, 48
Married for 19 years
Son, 12
BD #1 - November 1998 (EA 7 months after wedding)
BD #2 - November 2015 (same XBF EA)
WW filed D February 2016
WW moved out April 2016
job Offline
CWOL,
I'm not Cadet, but I am a long time poster, i.e., 16 years to be exact and the rule of 100 postings has been in effect for as long as I can remember. One of the possible reasons for the length of threads is software limitation and yes, they do come along a couple of times a year and clean up the main frame, which means older threads do get deleted from the main frame.

Actually, it's not difficult to track back to the original thread if you link "new and previous" thread links. That's why Cadet and I have been coming along and reminding posters to start new threads and put the links in or putting them in for posters. Some posters have gone the extra mile and posted all of their links into new threads so that the entire history is available if a new poster wants to see the history.

Some day, they may get a new database that will be able to hold more data. Many of us have lost our threads over the years due to purging and that's another reason why posters should print of their threads or copy them to a thumb drive.

Also, if someone is interested in your history, they can do a search on your name and find all of your postings as well as clicking on your user name to find your postings.

I'm sure Cadet will have a better answer than mine, but linking threads for now is the best way to ensure that everyone can read all of your thread history, not only in this particular forum, but all of the forums if you opt to post elsewhere.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
C
Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I really do not have a better explanation.

Supposedly the forum runs faster and works better with shorter threads.

I do know at the last purge, millions of posts were deleted.
So it might also be an issue of how much $$$ the owners pay to keep the lights on here.

I only am tasked with keeping the rules in place, I do not make them.

Me-70, D37,S36
C
Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Cadet
For informational purposes only.

Right now the NOTIFY option on the forum does not work.
This is also affecting those on Moderation.

We are working on trying to FIX this problem.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

I would suggest posting here if you need to reach me and I can delete your post.

I will post here when it is working again.

Apparently this is not working again!

Me-70, D37,S36
C
Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
C
The Notify button now works - Welcome back everyone sorry for being down however hopefully everything is now working again.

Me-70, D37,S36
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard